Page 44 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Nope. You interpret scripture in leu of Christ's sacrifice and the fact that Jesus says the old Law has been fulfilled. Sin is still sin, but sacrifices and Old Law rituals have been fulfilled and are no longer necessary (as well as punishments for sin under OT law).

    The Bible does say homosexuality is sinful, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Thank you for proving my point.

    PS, Jesus did not say it was a sin.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-30-12 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #432
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm sorry, but you said you FULLY follow the Bible...but you don't. You ignore parts of it.......
    So you're saying we Saxons and Celtics should be following the rules of the Sabbath in celebration of our release of slavery from the Egyptians, hahahaha we were never slaves of the Egyptians (unless you include Mamluks but that's like totally going off a tangent there), where was I?

  3. #433
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,873
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    While I'm no fan of Christianity, or any organized religion for that matter, his comments were hypocritical.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  4. #434
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    While I'm no fan of Christianity, or any organized religion for that matter, his comments were hypocritical.
    Are you equating criticism of the Bible....with an attack on a persons sexuality?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #435
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

    PS, Jesus did not say it was a sin.
    So your point is that homosexuality is a sin as described in the Bible? Is that a problem?

    And it doesn't matter that Jesus doesn't specifically say it is a sin, He references the Law and says not a single letter will be removed (pointing towards sin) but that the Law has been fulfilled (pointing towards the rituals and punishments).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    So your point is that homosexuality is a sin as described in the Bible? Is that a problem?

    And it doesn't matter that Jesus doesn't specifically say it is a sin, He references the Law and says not a single letter will be removed (pointing towards sin) but that the Law has been fulfilled (pointing towards the rituals and punishments).
    And you are back to the same loop, you point to OT laws, but you don't follow OT laws. It is Cafeteria Christianity, the picking and choosing of what parts of the Bible will be followed, which is ignored.

    Divorce is a sin, re-marriage is a sin, masturbation is a sin....on and on. But we do not punish those sins. Neither should you condemn those who do, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" was literal and a metaphor.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #437
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Christ's sacrifice changed that, ushering in the New Testament.
    That's an doctrine invented by evangelicals to justify NOT following OT when it wasn't convenient--or CHERRY PICKING one anti-gay passage and leaving the rest about selfish and mix threads also being an abomination.

    The born-agains will concoct all kinds of b.s. to justify their bigotry (1950s-1960s) and homophobia (1980s-present). They read the bible, even memorize it word for word, yet they fail to understand it.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Are you equating criticism of the Bible....with an attack on a persons sexuality?
    Yes, many posts in this thread are.

    As if criticizing KKK teachings (filled with scripture) was the same thing as being intolerant toward blacks.

  9. #439
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And you are back to the same loop, you point to OT laws, but you don't follow OT laws. It is Cafeteria Christianity, the picking and choosing of what parts of the Bible will be followed, which is ignored.

    Divorce is a sin, re-marriage is a sin, masturbation is a sin....on and on. But we do not punish those sins. Neither should you condemn those who do, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" was literal and a metaphor.


    This is some circle dance you're doing. There are 400+ religions, including various Christian religions. Now ask yourself "Why 400+?" - answer they all don't believe the same way. You want to try and corner someone just to mock them about their beliefs.

  10. #440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    While I'm no fan of Christianity, or any organized religion for that matter, his comments were hypocritical.
    How so??

    ......

Page 44 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •