Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #421
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,908
    Blog Entries
    5

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It starts at about 2:30.

    meh

    it's a molehill
    I may be wrong.

  2. #422
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Christ's sacrifice changed that, ushering in the New Testament.
    That does not release you from following the OT. Do you follow the 10 Commandments?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #423
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    (1) That does not release you from following the OT. Do you follow the 10 Commandments?
    (1) I don't agree with that. Why is it we no longer have to do animal sacrifices to God and other things that happened in the OT? Also, I think we're digressing frm the main topic so if you want to start a thread on it that'd be great.

  4. #424
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Of course they have an influence, but the overriding factor is the individual's interpretation of those beliefs. It's why two people can hear the same passage and take very different things from it.
    Well, every time I've suggested they have an influence, it's been met with "no, it's just about assholes" and you among others seem to have agreed with that so I don't know where this "of course" is coming from now.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Make one and I'll respond.

    You expressed being offended by the lecture format?
    I've made quite a few points, Hazlnut.

    I think Dan Savage was being cowardly with the way he brought about his point, and that the kids who civilly left were in the right.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (1) I don't agree with that. Why is it we no longer have to do animal sacrifices to God and other things that happened in the OT? Also, I think we're digressing frm the main topic so if you want to start a thread on it that'd be great.
    I'm sorry, but you said you FULLY follow the Bible...but you don't. You ignore parts of it.......which is the point Savage was making.....the point that you and your brethren KEEP IGNORING.

    Gays are condemned via Leviticus, OT, which you claim you are not bound to.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #427
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Christ was and said that the OT is God's law. If you are not following Jewish dietary law, then you are NOT FULLY following Biblical law.
    No. Jesus said they were trying to lawyer their way around the law, the same way we try to lawyer our way around the law; or grossly misinterpret the original meaning of a law, exactly the same thing we do today in some cases.

    Matthew 11 – Matthew 15 Read Bible Online

  8. #428
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That does not release you from following the OT. Do you follow the 10 Commandments?


    There 400+ religions. So which one are talking about. That might bring some clarity to the discussion, don't you think?

  9. #429
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,126
    Blog Entries
    20

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    So, you believe we need to be tolerant of homophobes because its their 'belief'.
    Phobia is the fear of something, and I don't see the belief that homosexuality is a sin, as some kind of fear.

    What about segregationists? Wasn't that just their belief that blacks should not go to school with whites?
    That may have been their belief, but that was based on hate and ignorence, not on a religious teaching. The Judeo-Christian religion, the target of that speaker, teaches that people should love even those who sin. There is however, at least one religion I know of that condemns homosexuals and perpetrates acts of brutal violence against them, but it isn't Christianity. Funny how he never mentions them... Isn't it?

  10. #430
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm sorry, but you said you FULLY follow the Bible...but you don't. You ignore parts of it.......which is the point Savage was making.....the point that you and your brethren KEEP IGNORING.

    Gays are condemned via Leviticus, OT, which you claim you are not bound to.
    Nope. You interpret scripture in leu of Christ's sacrifice and the fact that Jesus says the old Law has been fulfilled. Sin is still sin, but sacrifices and Old Law rituals have been fulfilled and are no longer necessary (as well as punishments for sin under OT law).

    The Bible does say homosexuality is sinful, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •