Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #361
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Neither did CC!!! That's your problem here... You are inferring that from his statement I guess, but he does not ever SAY IT.

    This is the last time I try to address this clear logic problem.

    Oh I liked that little ascii art..
    And you are not reading anything that CC has said since, he is still holding to his false assumption that Savage DID say the entire Bible is bs (Savage did not say that), based on what was in that small clip. Savage did not say what CC thought he said....at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #362
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You have lost the debate since you are not addressing the subject and have gone into personal commentary.

    Again, you made an assumption, a clearly false assumption since he never said what you thought he said (he never said the Bible was bs, only parts of it). Even when I show you that the clip was out of context, that he did not say what you thought he said, when I show other clips where he says what he likes about the Bible....it does not matter, you will hold to your original incorrect assumption.
    All irrelevant. The topic is the video and what he said. You don't like that because you can't debate it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #363
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, you are basing your entire argument on a small clip where you got what he said wrong, while making false assumptions.
    I got what he said right and what he has said other times is irrelevant to the topic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #364
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,928
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And you are not reading anything that CC has said since, he is still holding to his false assumption that Savage DID say the entire Bible is bs (Savage did not say that), based on what was in that small clip. Savage did not say what CC thought he said....at all.
    CaptainCourtesy has never once, as far as I can see, assumed Savage said "the entire Bible is bs".

    But your assumption that he did continues.

    You are wrong, and I would say YOU lost the debate, but you never really started one.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I got what he said right and what he has said other times is irrelevant to the topic.
    No, you are still wrong, he never said the Bible was bs, he said parts of it were, you assumed incorrectly that he said all of it was bs.

    He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS".
    No cap, he only called parts of it bs.

    I asked you too many times to show where he condemned all of it....you could not, because he did not.

    You were wrong and you still are.

    Good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    why would i tell you that?... I didn't claim physical harassment is free speech...
    Really?

    me personally, i'm not anti-bullying.. not to the extent that i'm "supposed " to be,anyways... I prize freedom of expression over someones nonexistent right to not be offended.
    Savage isn't addressing a few ugly kids calling a gay kid a faggot. He's addressing kids being tormented and brutalized to the point where they want to commit suicide. THAT IS NOT COVERED BY "FREE SPEECH".

    keep your strawmen in check, please.
    This from the guy making bull**** comparisons, backtracking and then making the same comparison again less than 3 posts later is rich.

    would it not be emotional harassment in the case of what savage does?
    No. It would not. He's not getting in these kids faces, following them home, harassing them through facebook, beating the living **** out of them, etc. He called out an editorialized group of nutbags to the acclaim of people in crowd.

    You're so dishonest in your comparison it's almost laughable that you have the balls to deny you're comparing the two.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 04-30-12 at 04:46 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #367
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The only thing I could decipher was the last line, and as I pointed out already, both sides used the Bible to justify their positions, the pro slavery Southerners used direct quotes, the Abolitionists had to use interpretations of verse since there is no outright condemning of slavery in the Bible.
    That was my point. Both sides used the book to justify their positions. Plus, how on earth can you sit there and not in any way see the story of Moses as antithetical of slavery.
    -The speaker did not acknowledge the presence of the other side, only stating that the Book got slavery wrong and trashed Christians for it.
    -You and other posters spent a great deal of time mystified as to why any of this would be in any way justifiably offensive and historically inaccurate.

    Lastly, this shows you were wrong.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 04-30-12 at 05:49 AM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #368
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Question: When a Christian does something good like give to charity or volunteer at a homeless shelter and they base their actions on a particular understanding of the Bible, do you think their beliefs influenced their actions or was it just a "good person thing"?
    Good person thing.
    I think a lot of people who go to church and the like, really do as for social reasons, more than anything else.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #369
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Really?



    Savage isn't addressing a few ugly kids calling a gay kid a faggot. He's addressing kids being tormented and brutalized to the point where they want to commit suicide. THAT IS NOT COVERED BY "FREE SPEECH".



    This from the guy making bull**** comparisons, backtracking and then making the same comparison again less than 3 posts later is rich.



    No. It would not. He's not getting in these kids faces, following them home, harassing them through facebook, beating the living **** out of them, etc. He called out an editorialized group of nutbags to the acclaim of people in crowd.

    You're so dishonest in your comparison it's almost laughable that you have the balls to deny you're comparing the two.

    I will defer to Captain Courtesys Expertise on suicide...He states clearly that bullying does not lead to suicide there are millions that are bullied that DO not commit suicide and its other factors that bring them to commit suicide...its not being called a faggot....fat kids get tortured just as much as homosexuals do today and ID BET ON THAT....kids that wear glass's are FOUR EYED...some girls are tortured day in an day out and are straight..
    Are you going to blame Christians for all that bullying...lets get this right ok...gays are called faggots and other slurs and bullied NOT BECAUSE OF ANY RELIGION the lionshare of the time...its because they are different than the majority...and like all KIDS that different there are some kids that will harrangue them....its not just gays that are victims...to be honest its just because the incessantly never stfu about anything is what makes them BELIEVE they are the only ones being bullied.
    I take back they dont STFU comment about gays.....its the NON gays moreso...the christian haters.. that use it as a weapon that never STFU about it and make the whole thing worse for EVERYONE gay and straight alike
    Last edited by lpast; 04-30-12 at 09:04 AM.

  10. #370
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,915

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I will defer to Captain Courtesys Expertise on suicide...He states clearly that bullying does not lead to suicide there are millions that are bullied that DO not commit suicide and its other factors that bring them to commit suicide...its not being called a faggot....fat kids get tortured just as much as homosexuals do today and ID BET ON THAT....kids that wear glass's are FOUR EYED...some girls are tortured day in an day out and are straight..
    Are you going to blame Christians for all that bullying...lets get this right ok...gays are called faggots and other slurs and bullied NOT BECAUSE OF ANY RELIGION the lionshare of the time...its because they are different than the majority...and like all KIDS that different there are some kids that will harrangue them....its not just gays that are victims...to be honest its just because the incessantly never stfu about anything is what makes them BELIEVE they are the only ones being bullied.
    You're right; it's not just gay kids who are picked on; it's anybody who's "different." B

    ut some gay kids, and I emphasize "some," are targets. Everybody's in hormone hell and caught between being little kids and beginning to grow up, and those who are trying to self-define may find themselves very sexually threatened, especially by those gay students who are out.

    I mean, there's a reason that guys call each other "faggot" as low insult and also as a "joke." They're worried, I think. There's a reason that straight girls will fool around with other girls.

    I don't think this has much to do with religious belief. I myself have never heard of a Bible-based bashing. Any bullying of gay students is unacceptable, and I mean zero tolerance.

    But it's important to remember too that gay-bashing is not widespread, that acceptance, or at least respectful tolerance, is far more common.

    And also that suicide ideation is complex.

Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •