Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #351
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    You keep providing "proof" against the assumption you keep wrongly attributing to him.

    You are indeed throwing a red herring or a strawman...
    I'm sorry.....he did not say: "He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS"."?

    Who else said that?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #352
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,929
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    "He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS"."?
    is quite different than:

    you made an assumption (that Savage condemns the entire Bible)
    Seem the problem is logic and/or clarity. Have you been drinking or smoking pot? Sometimes those chemicals can cause this sort of confusion.
    Last edited by cAPSLOCK; 04-30-12 at 03:18 AM.

  3. #353
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I have been addressing this main point since it began, it has been you who has not provided anything to prove what you claim, you have been basing your claim on a tiny clip, making and holding to a false assumption even when logic and more proof is provided to you.
    You have been presenting straw men and red herrings from the beginning... and you don't like being called on it. Yet, instead of actually addressing what is being said, you STILL do it.


    My style is showing that you made a claim, cannot back it up....and then I provide proof that your assumption is WRONG....and you still can't accept your error.

    unbelievable!
    Your style is not addressing the issue and focusing on what you wanted people to say. You've been doing it all throughout the thread. THAT'S actually what got my attention in this thread. Your dishonest debating. Always irritates me.


    LOL...I just quoted you, and you can't even acknowledge your own words, what YOU said.
    More dishonesty. You quoted my words to try to make your point... which you failed to do.

    Got it, when you see something out of context, an incomplete presentation of what a speaker says....and even when further vids are shown to you to expand your understanding of the speaker....it doesn't matter, you will hold to that out of context clip as the total truth.....even though you have to assume what the speaker meant since he NEVER SAID WHAT YOU BELIEVE.
    Do you EVER address what someone says, or do you just like to make stuff up?

    This is so pointless, I have never seen someone who has this much determination to hold to a falsehood in the face of overwhelming evidence otherwise.
    I don't think I have encountered a debater as dishonest as you in a LONG time. Even above, all you did was make an argument around what you WANTED me to say, not what I said. You make assumptions rather than address comments. Completely dishonest and illogical. If you want to continue, that's fine... I can just keep pointing it out, a rather easy exercise since you do it so often. Your choice.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #354
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    But that's just it. He never made this assumption. You are either dishonest or have a problem with logic and clarity.
    I'll repost it again, chronological order:


    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is the problem with your argument, the assumption that he is condemning all of the Bible, all of christianity. He is not..
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That is not a problem with my argument. He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS". I don't know if he condemns all of Christianity, but his presentation gave that impression. If he wants to be heard, that's a poor way to do it.

    And you see, what is worse is that Savage did not say "The Bible is bs", Savage said that "we can learn to ignore the bs in the Bible about gay people, the same way that we ignore the bs about shellfish, slavery......"

    He did not say ALL of the Bible is bs....and again, I provided further clips showing his admiration for parts of the Bible.

    Still, the Cap won't accept it, he will hold to his assumptions, no matter how wrong they turn out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #355
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No bud, the issue has become your inability to understand that you made an assumption (that Savage condemns the entire Bible) that was wrong, and in the face of evidence showing that you are wrong, continue to hold to that assumption.
    The issue is your inability to debate this topic without dishonesty and straw manning. And, no matter how much other stuff you bring up, this simple fact keeps getting put in your face.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #356
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    is quite different than:



    Seem the problem is logic and/or clarity.
    No, the assumption Cap made was that Savage believes the entire Bible is bs, he stated that clearly, never denying it.



    Have you been drinking or smoking pot? Sometimes those chemicals can cause this sort of confusion.
    ..i..
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #357
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,929
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'll repost it again, chronological order:

    Quote Originally Posted by CC allegedly
    He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS".
    He did not say ALL of the Bible is bs....
    Neither did CC!!! That's your problem here... You are inferring that from his statement I guess, but he does not ever SAY IT.

    This is the last time I try to address this clear logic problem.

    Oh I liked that little ascii art..
    Last edited by cAPSLOCK; 04-30-12 at 03:30 AM.

  8. #358
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'll repost it again, chronological order:





    And you see, what is worse is that Savage did not say "The Bible is bs", Savage said that "we can learn to ignore the bs in the Bible about gay people, the same way that we ignore the bs about shellfish, slavery......"

    He did not say ALL of the Bible is bs....and again, I provided further clips showing his admiration for parts of the Bible.

    Still, the Cap won't accept it, he will hold to his assumptions, no matter how wrong they turn out to be.
    Did you read my entire quote or just focus on what you wanted me to have said? He condemned the bible by calling it "BS". He did so in the video, indicating several things that were "BS". His inability to add no "buts" or alternative views presents his position pretty clearly, as do his comments towards those who left. I THEN went on to say that his presentation sucked... and I said this in a variety of ways throughout this thread. Now, you have straw manned throughout this thread, refusing to address the focus which has been his presentation. You have also brought up irrelevant facts to the focus of the discussion which is HIS PRESENTATION IN THE VIDEO. Now, I know you don't want to focus on that, since you would then need to address things honestly, but that's the focus here. You can either address it, or not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #359
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You have been presenting straw men and red herrings from the beginning... and you don't like being called on it. Yet, instead of actually addressing what is being said, you STILL do it.Your style is not addressing the issue and focusing on what you wanted people to say. You've been doing it all throughout the thread. THAT'S actually what got my attention in this thread. Your dishonest debating. Always irritates me.More dishonesty. You quoted my words to try to make your point... which you failed to do.Do you EVER address what someone says, or do you just like to make stuff up?I don't think I have encountered a debater as dishonest as you in a LONG time. Even above, all you did was make an argument around what you WANTED me to say, not what I said. You make assumptions rather than address comments. Completely dishonest and illogical. If you want to continue, that's fine... I can just keep pointing it out, a rather easy exercise since you do it so often. Your choice.
    You have lost the debate since you are not addressing the subject and have gone into personal commentary.

    Again, you made an assumption, a clearly false assumption since he never said what you thought he said (he never said the Bible was bs, only parts of it). Even when I show you that the clip was out of context, that he did not say what you thought he said, when I show other clips where he says what he likes about the Bible....it does not matter, you will hold to your original incorrect assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Did you read my entire quote or just focus on what you wanted me to have said? He condemned the bible by calling it "BS". He did so in the video, indicating several things that were "BS". His inability to add no "buts" or alternative views presents his position pretty clearly, as do his comments towards those who left. I THEN went on to say that his presentation sucked... and I said this in a variety of ways throughout this thread. Now, you have straw manned throughout this thread, refusing to address the focus which has been his presentation. You have also brought up irrelevant facts to the focus of the discussion which is HIS PRESENTATION IN THE VIDEO. Now, I know you don't want to focus on that, since you would then need to address things honestly, but that's the focus here. You can either address it, or not.
    Again, you are basing your entire argument on a small clip where you got what he said wrong, while making false assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •