Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #341
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure, the burden is on me now to produce your proof that Savage condemns the entire Bible.

    Wow.
    Once again, I never said that. You asked for what Savage said. I posted it. You've chosen not to address it.

    Ah, now we are getting somewhere....since Savage did not say that he condemns the entire Bible, you therefore can assume he does....since he criticizes parts of it. With the assumption that you saw all of his presentation.

    Interesting.

    What I laid out, the logic, was to address your argument. The fact that you still can't address the logic other than dismissing it without reason, speaks volumes.
    You're still doing it. Try to reread my post and address what I'm saying, not what you want me to have said. This seems to be the entire repertoire of your debate tactics.

    Again, you expect me to find your argument. I won't, and if you don't know what it is any longer, I suggest you give it up.
    I expect you to pay attention and to address what I'm saying and not what you want me to say. You refuse to do this, so I'm not going to repeat myself.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #342
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure, the burden is on me now to produce your proof that Savage condemns the entire Bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Once again, I never said that. You asked for what Savage said. I posted it. You've chosen not to address it.
    As I expected, since you cannot show that he condemns the entire Bible, you would try to walk away from your previous claims:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is the problem with your argument, the assumption that he is condemning all of the Bible, all of christianity. He is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That is not a problem with my argument. He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS". I don't know if he condemns all of Christianity, but his presentation gave that impression. If he wants to be heard, that's a poor way to do it.
    Generally, I don't continue conversing with someone who makes a claim, can't provide proof for the claim, then walks back from the original claim....but since you are a mod, I am going to make a special exception since you, as a mod, should be held to a higher standard. You are not an honest person, you do not back your claims with proof, you avoid direct debate, you obscure and divert with deception.

    Now, just for you, I am going to show you a bit more of what Savage thinks of the Bible:





    You're still doing it. Try to reread my post and address what I'm saying, not what you want me to have said. This seems to be the entire repertoire of your debate tactics.
    I don't need to re-read anything, I know what you have said, all you do is avoid proving what you claim.



    I expect you to pay attention and to address what I'm saying and not what you want me to say. You refuse to do this, so I'm not going to repeat myself.
    LOL...you have been doing nothing but repeating yourself for a good 4 or 5 pages....without saying a damn thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #343
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    We aren't talking about what Savage may have written. We are talking about the video. You're DOING it again.
    Again, for the hard of reading, that is not the entire presentation, it was a clip of the presentation, it is not his entire body of work, you are taking one minute of video out of context and believing that it is his total view of the Bible.

    It isn't, you should know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Of course they do. What they don't have the right to do is deny gays rights, physically and emotionally harass them etc. However, that's not what Dan Savage is speaking about though. He highlighted the hypocrisy in denying people equal legal recognition because of the bible, while at the same time ignoring other dogmatic passages. Why don't you try and keep up instead of making bull**** comparisons.

    Actually, before you do that, please tell us all how physically harassing somebody counts as "free speech".
    why would i tell you that?... I didn't claim physical harassment is free speech... keep your strawmen in check, please.

    would it not be emotional harassment in the case of what savage does?.. if not, why?... I would imagine calling folks names and berating them and their beliefs is certainly a form of emotional harassment, and I really don't see how one could logically disagree.
    Savage could have made his argument without tuning into a bully.... but he chose not to... this is the behavior you defend


    me personally, i'm not anti-bullying.. not to the extent that i'm "supposed " to be,anyways... I prize freedom of expression over someones nonexistent right to not be offended.
    I don't care , really, if gays are offended at the beliefs and speech of the religious or anti-gays.. and I don't care if the religious or anti-gay folks get offended by the gays... but unlike you and others, I can at least say i'm consistent.
    when it reaches levels of harassment or physical bullying, i'm still consistent... it's bad no matter who is doing it or why.... the rationale employed could be noble and honorable, but the behavior is still unacceptable.


    Why don't you try and keep up instead of making bull**** comparisons
    you asked me once if I was making the comparison, and what did i tell you?.... I said "not really" and told you what i was doing.... so in your zest to be an internet tough guy, I would suggest you try harder at being honest.
    you can ignore that suggestion if you like, though... it's your reputation ,afterall.

  5. #345
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As I expected, since you cannot show that he condemns the entire Bible, you would try to walk away from your previous claims:
    I didn't walk away from anything. You have chosen to not address what I said. It is you who is walking away.



    Generally, I don't continue conversing with someone who makes a claim, can't provide proof for the claim, then walks back from the original claim....but since you are a mod, I am going to make a special exception since you, as a mod, should be held to a higher standard. You are not an honest person, you do not back your claims with proof, you avoid direct debate, you obscure and divert with deception.

    Now, just for you, I am going to show you a bit more of what Savage thinks of the Bible:

    This continues your style. Not addressing what is actually said or being addressed. I am uninterested in Savage's position on religion or the bible. I am interested in the OP... what he said at that conference. THAT is what we are addressing. Your lack of honesty here is becoming more and more apparent.



    I don't need to re-read anything, I know what you have said, all you do is avoid proving what you claim.
    Of course you do. You are addressing what you want me to have said and are ignoring what I am actually saying. This seems to be your style.

    LOL...you have been doing nothing but repeating yourself for a good 4 or 5 pages....without saying a damn thing!
    I've been correcting you... since you are not addressing what I am talking about and are bringing in red herrings in order to further do this. The issue here is what Savage said at the conference and the impact that had. Not what YOU think his beliefs are... or not even what he has stated his beliefs are at other venues. Now, I'm sure you would rather bring those things up, because if you actually had to address his poor presentation at the conference in question, you wouldn't have much of a position. So, every time you straw man or bring up something not relevant, I'll just point it out and again say that you are doing nothing but straw manning. I can keep it up for a long time. Might be a good idea for you to start addressing what is being said.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #346
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, for the hard of reading, that is not the entire presentation, it was a clip of the presentation, it is not his entire body of work, you are taking one minute of video out of context and believing that it is his total view of the Bible.

    It isn't, you should know better.
    Irrelevant. Bring up all the red herrings you want. The issue is what he presented in the video and it's impact.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #347
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I didn't walk away from anything. You have chosen to not address what I said. It is you who is walking away.
    I have been addressing this main point since it began, it has been you who has not provided anything to prove what you claim, you have been basing your claim on a tiny clip, making and holding to a false assumption even when logic and more proof is provided to you.





    This continues your style. Not addressing what is actually said or being addressed. I am uninterested in Savage's position on religion or the bible. I am interested in the OP... what he said at that conference. THAT is what we are addressing. Your lack of honesty here is becoming more and more apparent.
    My style is showing that you made a claim, cannot back it up....and then I provide proof that your assumption is WRONG....and you still can't accept your error.

    unbelievable!





    Of course you do. You are addressing what you want me to have said and are ignoring what I am actually saying. This seems to be your style.
    LOL...I just quoted you, and you can't even acknowledge your own words, what YOU said.



    I've been correcting you... since you are not addressing what I am talking about and are bringing in red herrings in order to further do this. The issue here is what Savage said at the conference and the impact that had. Not what YOU think his beliefs are... or not even what he has stated his beliefs are at other venues. Now, I'm sure you would rather bring those things up, because if you actually had to address his poor presentation at the conference in question, you wouldn't have much of a position. So, every time you straw man or bring up something not relevant, I'll just point it out and again say that you are doing nothing but straw manning. I can keep it up for a long time. Might be a good idea for you to start addressing what is being said.
    Got it, when you see something out of context, an incomplete presentation of what a speaker says....and even when further vids are shown to you to expand your understanding of the speaker....it doesn't matter, you will hold to that out of context clip as the total truth.....even though you have to assume what the speaker meant since he NEVER SAID WHAT YOU BELIEVE.

    This is so pointless, I have never seen someone who has this much determination to hold to a falsehood in the face of overwhelming evidence otherwise.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-30-12 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #348
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    and then I provide proof that your assumption is WRONG
    You keep providing "proof" against the assumption you keep wrongly attributing to him.

    You are indeed throwing a red herring or a strawman...

  9. #349
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Irrelevant. Bring up all the red herrings you want. The issue is what he presented in the video and it's impact.
    No bud, the issue has become your inability to understand that you made an assumption (that Savage condemns the entire Bible) that was wrong, and in the face of evidence showing that you are wrong, continue to hold to that assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #350
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    the issue has become your inability to understand that you made an assumption (that Savage condemns the entire Bible) that was wrong, and in the face of evidence showing that you are wrong, continue to hold to that assumption.
    But that's just it. He never made this assumption. You are either dishonest or have a problem with logic and clarity.

Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •