Page 34 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    do the religious folks also have free speech rights?
    Of course they do. What they don't have the right to do is deny gays rights, physically and emotionally harass them etc. However, that's not what Dan Savage is speaking about though. He highlighted the hypocrisy in denying people equal legal recognition because of the bible, while at the same time ignoring other dogmatic passages. Why don't you try and keep up instead of making bull**** comparisons.

    Actually, before you do that, please tell us all how physically harassing somebody counts as "free speech".
    Last edited by Hatuey; 04-30-12 at 01:56 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #332
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Unless you have a quote showing he condemns ALL of the Bible, you have no point, since that was your point.
    You don't like the response. I can understand that since you can't defend against it.

    No, I am not being dishonest, I am presenting the logic, I will do it again. A claim of hypocrisy comes from conflicting positions held by a person. The assumption is that a christian holds the views of acceptance and love of people....and that homosexuals should be condemned. To get to a position that a christian DOES hold to the acceptance and love view, is a position that the Bible does teach that. If Savage holds that view, then it follows that Savage does believe that the Bible teaches that. Savage would want christians to follow that teaching and not hold to the conflicting view of condemning gays.
    Ergo, Savage does not condemn ALL of the Bible.
    This is YOUR interpretation, not what he said.


    Anytime you want to prove your claim, I will be all eyes.
    Anytime you want to address my actual claim, I will be all eyes.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #333
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Have you all forgotten American history?

    The number one reason people came to America and settled in the first place, was to escape religious persecution. What took place in that High School was state sponsored religious hate speech. It was no more acceptable than it would have been for someone to give a speech attacking homosexuals and their lifestyle.

    What's really sad about this, is 90% of those on the left who don't take issue with this, would have raised hell if that guy would have attacked Islam instead of Christianity.
    And of course Grim has make his typical partisan hack statement. Read the thread, Grim. The folks who are against what Savaage said are on BOTH sides of the political spectrum.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #334
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You don't like the response. I can understand that since you can't defend against it.
    What do you think I have to defend against, your not being able to produce a quote from Savage that condemns the entire Bible?

    LOL.



    This is YOUR interpretation, not what he said.
    I never claimed he said it, twice now I have told you that is the logic of calling a christian a hypocrite when they hold the conflicting views of "love everyone" and "condemn homosexuals".




    Anytime you want to address my actual claim, I will be all eyes.
    Um, the ball is still in your court, you have yet to show that Savage condemns the ENTIRE BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #335
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Part of the "stopping", is getting the message out AT CHURCHES for kids to STOP USING BIBLICAL VERSES as an excuse for HARASSMENT.

    If you are truly interested in ending it, you would see the point of Savages argument.
    Now, if Savage had said THAT, I'd be applauding him. That's what NEEDED to be said. But he didn't. He, instead, incited folks who are religious by attacking them. As I've been saying... VERY poor presentation.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #336
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What do you think I have to defend against, your not being able to produce a quote from Savage that condemns the entire Bible?

    LOL.
    Keep dancing. The comments were there. You refuse to address them.



    I never claimed he said it, twice now I have told you that is the logic of calling a christian a hypocrite when they hold the conflicting views of "love everyone" and "condemn homosexuals".
    Then, once again, you are addressing an argument that I never made. I don't care what YOUR interpretation is. I care how Savage presented his position. He didn't say it, therefore, his presentation sucked.

    Um, the ball is still in your court, you have yet to show that Savage condemns the ENTIRE BIBLE.
    Ummm... ball is in YOUR court. That's not what this section of the post is about.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #337
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Now, if Savage had said THAT, I'd be applauding him. That's what NEEDED to be said. But he didn't. He, instead, incited folks who are religious by attacking them. As I've been saying... VERY poor presentation.
    Somewhere, sometime, someone told you that all of what Savage has written, spoken, produced....was contained in that 3 minute video clip.

    Check out the "It Gets Better" series.....for a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Keep dancing. The comments were there. You refuse to address them.
    Sure, the burden is on me now to produce your proof that Savage condemns the entire Bible.

    Wow.





    Then, once again, you are addressing an argument that I never made. I don't care what YOUR interpretation is. I care how Savage presented his position. He didn't say it, therefore, his presentation sucked.
    Ah, now we are getting somewhere....since Savage did not say that he condemns the entire Bible, you therefore can assume he does....since he criticizes parts of it. With the assumption that you saw all of his presentation.

    Interesting.

    What I laid out, the logic, was to address your argument. The fact that you still can't address the logic other than dismissing it without reason, speaks volumes.



    Ummm... ball is in YOUR court. That's not what this section of the post is about.
    Again, you expect me to find your argument. I won't, and if you don't know what it is any longer, I suggest you give it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #339
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Somewhere, sometime, someone told you that all of what Savage has written, spoken, produced....was contained in that 3 minute video clip.

    Check out the "It Gets Better" series.....for a start.
    We aren't talking about what Savage may have written. We are talking about the video. You're DOING it again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #340
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Now, if Savage had said THAT, I'd be applauding him. That's what NEEDED to be said. But he didn't. He, instead, incited folks who are religious by attacking them. As I've been saying... VERY poor presentation.
    This. Exactly this.

Page 34 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •