Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #311
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    let us know when homophobic Christians suffer even 1% of the persecution that gays have.

    I sure will!.... right after you let us know why bullying is bad for some and good for others.

  2. #312
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    And who exactly prays to statues?
    hell if i know.. ask Thunder... it's his example.

  3. #313
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Can you be specific? I'm sure that some homosexuals have had crimes committed against them for what they believe. But what group hasn't? And can you be specific about who these homophobic Christians are that people keep alluding to? Other than the 70 members of the Westboro Baptist church?

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    Can you be specific? I'm sure that some homosexuals have had crimes committed against them for what they believe. But what group hasn't? And can you be specific about who these homophobic Christians are that people keep alluding to? Other than the 70 members of the Westboro Baptist church?
    so the only Christians who hate gays and homosexuality, are the WBC?

    interesting.

  5. #315
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, its called idolatry.
    Idolatry is praying to false gods.

  6. #316
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, its called idolatry.
    To a protestant perhaps. But we arent Protestants.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #317
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    Can you be specific? I'm sure that some homosexuals have had crimes committed against them for what they believe. But what group hasn't? And can you be specific about who these homophobic Christians are that people keep alluding to? Other than the 70 members of the Westboro Baptist church?
    well, obviously it was those evil Christian kids who walked out on Savage ... those "pansy-asses" didn't leave because they objected to Savage.. they left because they were late for the persecution party

  8. #318
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    so the only Christians who hate gays and homosexuality, are the WBC?

    interesting.
    I disagree with WBC...as far as I kn ow the only Christians who agree with their actions are their own members. And it's the same silly argument that disapproval equals hate. What nonsense.

  9. #319
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's just plain ridiculous. I read what YS said last night. It was too aggressive and she was wrong. She admitted it and that is something that rarely happens here, hence is quite a feat. YOU are being unreasonable because you are making personal evaluations based on whether you agree with someone's position or not.
    I have always found Your Star to be one of the more reasonable and formidable posters on DP. I find that especially inspiring as a moderate conservative. If I wanted an opposing viewpoint, and I wanted to really have a shot at being CONVINCED I might ask her to make the argument.

    I was slightly surprised by her position early in this thread (because of what I've seen) but not really surprised at all when she reversed position. That is the mature reasonable logical person I've seen her to be.

    Unlike people like Dan Savage and several posters in this thread (including some who agree with me), I am willing to hear the other side when she presents it.

  10. #320
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Always fun to watch a bitter, angry, hate filled troll put his hatred and intolerance on full display.

    Perhaps one might consider those kids that are contemplating and/or attempting suicide do so more because they havent learned the basic reality that their happiness does not depend on others (including their families) acceptance of them but rather it depends on their OWN acceptance of themselves. There is a reason why so many young people end up in San Francisco seeking 'love and acceptance' and end up attempting and committing suicide.

    And it MAY be fairly pointed out that a very large number of religious minded folks are very loving, caring, and tolerant of homosexuals and many even support gay marriage. Not ALL professed Christians do...I get that...but Im sure if becomes politically expedient, the president might change that position as well.

Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •