Page 24 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #231
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is the problem with your argument, the assumption that he is condemning all of the Bible, all of christianity. He is not.
    That is not a problem with my argument. He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS". I don't know if he condemns all of Christianity, but his presentation gave that impression. If he wants to be heard, that's a poor way to do it.


    Again, if a christian can't handle challenges, provocative or otherwise, then it is a weak structure. If one cannot handle having a belief system challenged, then they should stay indoors, away from the intertubes and whatnot.
    There's a difference between challenges and attacks. He did the latter. And it's not about "handling" it. You want to be heard, don't attack. He did. Poor presentation.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 04-29-12 at 07:03 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #232
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Except.....that the recent cases of bullying that has lead to suicides....were being done by "christians" using quotations from the Bible in their bullying.
    And? Just because you go "vroom, vroom!" doesn't mean you're a Ferrari.


  3. #233
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't want to be associated with folks I once considered reasonable, who stood up for themselves, who now cave and support irrational positions.
    That's just plain ridiculous. I read what YS said last night. It was too aggressive and she was wrong. She admitted it and that is something that rarely happens here, hence is quite a feat. YOU are being unreasonable because you are making personal evaluations based on whether you agree with someone's position or not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #234
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    In other words, you really don't have anything to say on the subject at hand....OK.
    I already posted what was relevant.
    "The "root", is in homosexuals being different, or if you will, outside the norm."


    It was you who took exception to what I said.

    I corrected your exception.

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Because that's not how Christians act. They're supposed to be Christ-like. Christ didn't promote hate. (Think: Westboro bigots)
    Right, but presumably they aren't acting like Christians because they are committing a sin condemned by Christianity - being hateful, etc.. However, all Christians are sinful. So if sinning, even in the worst way, makes someone not a "true Christian," then no one is a "true Christian."

    My point with this is that bigoted Christians are "true Christians." They are sinners like all people. They are true Christians who have decided to use the Bible in an illogical manner to hurt other people just like some Christians use the Bible in a logical manner to help other people.

  6. #236
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Geez, you came into this discussion without understanding the basics of the debate?

    Sigh.
    No, I completely understood the debate. My initial comment was towards YOU and your fallacy of position. It had nothing to do with the video. Once I decided to address the content of the video I watched it and did so. One does not need to focus on the content in order to demonstrate that someone's logic is off... which is what my initial post towards you addressed.

    So, tell me... anything to say about what I said in post #220?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #237
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    And? Just because you go "vroom, vroom!" doesn't mean you're a Ferrari.
    now that cracked me up...lol

  8. #238
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    We'll have to agree, to disagree then.

    I don't remember Jesus saying, beat up and harass gay people.
    Christians are primarily following the teaching of Jesus.
    My comments aren't about Jesus. They are about bigoted Christians and the irrational way in which they use their religion. You written yet another comment that coexists and yet does not contradict my arguments.

  9. #239
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    That is not a problem with my argument. He clearly was condemning the bible by calling it "BS". I don't know if he condemns all of Christianity, but his presentation gave that impression. If he wants to be heard, that's a poor way to do it.
    You go ahead and find me the money quote where he condemned ALL of the Bible, ALL of chritianity. I'll wait for you to back that claim.




    There's a difference between challenges and attacks. He did the latter. And it's not about "handling" it. You want to be heard, don't attack. He did. Poor presentation.
    It is your opinion that saying "you are a hypocrite if you are a christian and condemn homosexuals" is an "attack" upon ALL of the Bible, all "christians", ALL of christianity. I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #240
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's just plain ridiculous. I read what YS said last night. It was too aggressive and she was wrong. She admitted it and that is something that rarely happens here, hence is quite a feat. YOU are being unreasonable because you are making personal evaluations based on whether you agree with someone's position or not.
    Ohhh man I hope I make it through the night tonight...Ive actually agreed with all your posts in this thread

Page 24 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •