Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #201
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    WTF? Red herring...straw....what is your point?
    Just my experience, but those bible thumping, FCA, attend church every week, kids, weren't the ones that bullied.
    In fact, they were more well behaved, than other kids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, if saying " you are a hypocrite if you are a christian and condemn homosexuals" is "unwise", then simple challenges to ones beliefs must be avoided...or else one might have to think. Heaven forbid.
    That's not what he said though.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #202
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I give them a "pass" just like I do other religions.
    I don't believe Muslims should be condemned en mass, for the actions of a few.

    Individuals make choices, sometimes they use religion to justify their beliefs.
    It doesn't make the individual less responsible and the religion more responsible.
    The religion is a thing, it doesn't speak and act on it's own accord.
    1. He didn't condemn all Christians.
    2. I agree that individuals are responsible and that religion isn't solely responsible. Your point coexists with my point so I don't know why you're presenting it as a counterargument. I do, however, acknowledge that religious beliefs are part of it and to act as if they aren't is illogical and wrong.

  3. #203
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,918

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Those who know that the bible is wrong on condemning homosexuals can certainly be offended by someone calling the bible "BS". There are ways to present your argument that make it listenable. Attacking the bible, even if you mean to attack certain parts, will not get people to hear your message.
    Indeed, one needs to figure out, do you want to win the argument or take out your anger and thereby ruin any chance you had of changing minds? This was a good opportunity to reach people Savage might never have gotten to speak to in the first place. He wasted it with his rude antics.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We can’t get lost in discrimination. We can’t get lost in B.S. We can’t get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Those who know that the bible is wrong on condemning homosexuals can certainly be offended by someone calling the bible "BS". There are ways to present your argument that make it listenable. Attacking the bible, even if you mean to attack certain parts, will not get people to hear your message.
    That's my problem.

    Rather than attacking the bible, use more brotherly passages, to get people, to become more accepting of gays.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #205
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The "norm". It exists in nature, supposedly god created nature, ergo homosexuality was created by god. To condemn it is hypocrisy.
    You know what's worse than a drunk preacher? A liberal one.

  6. #206
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    People have to understand...you cannot strongarm anyone into agreeing with you...you cant badger them and expect them to change their mind...you cant curse and abuse them and expect them to endear themselves to you...
    Take me...I was raised in a different time and my view on homosexuality are obviously different than most...but the are NOT predicated on any hate for anyone. Its what I believe..based on what ive learned I guess and what I think now...but your not going to change my mind by badgering me or yelling or cursing and calling me things I know im not...like a homophobe or gay hater...Now if you cant change my mind like this speaker tried to do with these kids...how is he going to change the minds of people with deep religious beliefs by cursing at them and being aggressive....
    He needed to get up there and smile and show the kids he was no diferent than them..and then clearly state the points he was trying to convey in a clear calm kind manner and they would have LISTENED TO HIM...he may even had planted some seeds of doubt in young minds....but I have to ask everyone in this thread that is excusing his behavior....HOW DID HE MAKE OUT with the approach he used...

  7. #207
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    1. He didn't condemn all Christians.
    2. I agree that individuals are responsible and that religion isn't solely responsible. Your point coexists with my point so I don't know why you're presenting it as a counterargument. I do, however, acknowledge that religious beliefs are part of it and to act as if they aren't is illogical and wrong.
    His behavior and attitude, showed otherwise.

    It's my belief, that the religion is not the real reason.
    It's that gay people are different and thus the main reason behind others bullying them.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #208
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Those who know that the bible is wrong on condemning homosexuals can certainly be offended by someone calling the bible "BS".
    There is the problem with your argument, the assumption that he is condemning all of the Bible, all of christianity. He is not.


    There are ways to present your argument that make it listenable. Attacking the bible, even if you mean to attack certain parts, will not get people to hear your message.
    Again, if a christian can't handle challenges, provocative or otherwise, then it is a weak structure. If one cannot handle having a belief system challenged, then they should stay indoors, away from the intertubes and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #209
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yeah, the challenge "you are a hypocrite if you are a christian and condemn homosexuals" is so "bullying"!

    I can't believe you too have bought into this BS.

    Unfriend me, please.
    LOL, so first you criticize YourStar for admitting a mistake and now you want to unfriend one of the nicest people here because she doesn't agree with you? Are you not confident enough in your position to stand a little disagreement?

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    TPD, would you say Jesus Christ was a bigot?
    I don't know what Jesus was. I like what he said about love though.

Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •