Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #1111
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure, I wanted a comparison...that would prove your assumption. You provided a comparison that fails to support your assumption. Your loss, your fail. Wanna go for 2 outa 3?
    Not so much. The Chinese have a far different view on human rights than we do and they're successful on the world stage in a number of catagories.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #1112
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    All I gotta say is, "homosexuality is not a sin" and you will bust out your handy six verses from the Bible. And if I argue that your interpretation of them is wrong you will proclaim that the Holy Spirit is whistling in your ear that your interpretation is right and mine is wrong because I'm not a Christian.
    We've had this discussion. I've never told you that I think that homosexuality is a sin...according to the Bible or anything else. So, when you're done with your assumptions, get back to me. All you've proven here is that you'll attack anything I say..right or wrong...because I am Christian. Great thinker, you are. Very open minded.
    Last edited by mac; 05-05-12 at 04:26 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #1113
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Not so much. The Chinese have a far different view on human rights than we do and they're successful on the world stage in a number of catagories.
    LOL....so are you going by your own scale....or a Chinese scale?

    Talk about moving the goal posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1114
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....so are you going by your own scale....or a Chinese scale?

    Talk about moving the goal posts!
    By someone's scale, the Chinese are awesome. That's the point I'm making. It's all about perspective.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #1115
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    By someone's scale, the Chinese are awesome. That's the point I'm making. It's all about perspective.
    No, you lost track of your point, here was your point:

    the rule of law, basic human standards, and rights that we have developed over the maturation of our species has had a detrimental affect
    You were going to somehow show that this assumption was provable.....but I still have not seen any proof of your assumption....since the underlying point was that assumptions would be valid with direct evidence supporting them.

    So go ahead....I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1116
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, you lost track of your point, here was your point:

    You were going to somehow show that this assumption was provable.....but I still have not seen any proof of your assumption....since the underlying point was that assumptions would be valid with direct evidence supporting them.

    So go ahead....I'll wait.
    No, you've lost track. My point with that statement was to illustrate that the net effect of increased human rights is not provable but assumable. It can adequately be argued that many of the things we consider civilization are leading to the demise of our planet...primarily through over population and resource depletion. Increased human rights means less people get killed off early, they live longer, and they consume more.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #1117
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,819

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Yeah, the gay uncle theory. How many gay uncles contributed to your survival?

    Maybe you haven't noticed but we don't live in a hunter/gatherer society. Traits that were selected over the past couple hundred thousand years haven't had time to be eliminated thru natural selection. Never mind the fact that as same sex attraction is not a genetic trait with negative repercussions in modern cultures, there is little selective pressure toward its removal from our genome.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  8. #1118
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, you've lost track. My point with that statement was to illustrate that the net effect of increased human rights is not provable but assumable.
    Wrong, your "point" was to create some argument (the assumption) that the human condition has gotten worse. You didn't do that, in fact you showed improvements. We KNOW that the human condition has IMPROVED do to the recognition of human rights, whether you want to say that rights "are deserved" or not.


    It can adequately be argued that many of the things we consider civilization are leading to the demise of our planet...primarily through over population and resource depletion. Increased human rights means less people get killed off early, they live longer, and they consume more.
    LOL.....now you completely rip the goal posts out of the ground and move them to a totally different field!

    FFS....how pointless. You once again show that debate with you is a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1119
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,819

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You might want to point out that apes are not monkeys.
    I should also note that our common ancestor was neither ape nor human. They may have looked like apes to a modern viewer but they are really proto-simians. The split between that ancestral group and monkeys goes back even further in time, 30-35 mya. Us hominids split away from the ape line at times varying between 18 mya (gibbons) and only 3.5-4 mya for chimps and bonobos, our closest relatives.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  10. #1120
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,819

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Yep, I'm "seriously" doubting the THEORY of macroevolution. I believe in microevolution because it happens in front of us all the time. But I do not believe that all life came from one source. You do? Also, I believe that God granted us and all animals the gift of microevolution. Why? Because if He didn't, we would have ruined this Earth a long time ago. God's wisdom and foresight far exceeds our ability to hypothesize. BTW, thanks for agreeing with me about the Big Bang Theory. We're off to a good start.
    Obviously the poster doesn't understand the meaning of THEORY in a scientific context.

    "Microevolution" leads to "macroevolution" over time. I know creationists, the modern type who slightly understand that total rejection of evolution just isn't gonna work with all of the science showing the validity of evolution, luv to use "microevolution" but accepting minute changes means that eventually one sees big changes in a species.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    There are a couple of problems with your statements. 1) I would like some specific contradictions, historically, that you find in the Bible. Not spiritual contradictions, historical ones. 2) What version of archaelogy are we talking about? The one where archaeologists have mislabeled many of the Earth's layers and added years upon years to them? When the measuring unit being used is inaccurate, naturally the results will be off. For instance, it has been said and is taken as fact that Joshua did not conquer Jericho but merely came upon the city after it was deserted. Even after evidence of a wall was found, a portion of it is collapsed, and that portion is burnt. The conclusion was that Joshua had broken the wall down and burnt it to make it look like he conquered the city or he came upon it like that and simply took credit for it. So the question is, why would Joshua do this? It makes no sense. If the town was deserted, then people of that day would know it was deserted. Therefore, the story given would have been a laughingstock because all of the people of the time would have known it to be untrue. The Bible wasn't written just for future readers. People of that day read it as well. In addition, no documents have been found to support the theory that Joshua made it up. The only thing that supports the theory is the faulty dating scale used by archaeologists. After that, its pure speculation.
    We have a couple of problems with the following statement: "The conclusion was that Joshua had broken the wall down and burnt it to make it look like he conquered the city" ONE, the existence of some warrior king named Joshua and TWO - chronology, if one accepts the Biblical tale of the Hebrew people leaving Egypt and wandering in the Sinai for 40 years, the best fit places Joshua and the Hebrews in Canaan about 1400 BCE. The burnt walls, actually they are mud brick showing signs of fires affecting them, are dated to approximately 1550 BCE. There was no city at Jericho at the time the Hebrews supposedly came out of the Sinai.

    There is no archaeological evidence supporting the idea of a nomadic group of several hundred thousand living in the Sinai at the time of the Exodus.

    There is no evidence of a large group of non-Egyptian slaves suddenly leaving Egypt.
    some 'librul' newspaper
    The reality is that there is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. Yes, there's the story contained within the bible itself, but that's not a remotely historically admissible source. I'm talking about real proof; archeological evidence, state records and primary sources. Of these, nothing exists.
    There is basically little evidence of a monotheistic band of people who became the Jews prior to about 1000 BCE. In fact there is evidence that even as late as the 7th Century BCE, many of those we call Hebrews, or Jews, were still polytheistic. Archaeology and the bible only begin to mesh following the Return from Babylon.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •