Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #1091
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You believe that people are deserving of certain rights, there is no proof of that.
    It's reasonable. It is the law or reciprocity. Treat others as you wish to be treated. And yes, it is provable since respecting other people does, in turn, more often than not, lead them to respect you.

    Faith is not provable and it is not reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #1092
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It's reasonable. It is the law or reciprocity. Treat others as you wish to be treated. And yes, it is provable since respecting other people does, in turn, more often than not, lead them to respect you.
    The outcomes are provable...the concepts of "rights" is entirely subjective.

    Faith is not provable and it is not reasonable.
    To you...the concept of rights is not provable or even reasonable to some.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #1093
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The outcomes are provable...the concepts of "rights" is entirely subjective.
    The concept of rights is simply a heuristic of the law of reciprocity.

    To you...the concept of rights is not provable or even reasonable to some.
    You simply don't understand what a heuristic is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #1094
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The concept of rights is simply a heuristic of the law of reciprocity.
    Which is also a human construct.

    You simply don't understand what a heuristic is.
    Well, that just defies common sense...



    ...perhaps you should look into cognitive bias...
    Last edited by mac; 05-05-12 at 11:25 AM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #1095
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Which is also a human construct.
    Which has nothing to do with the argument you were making. You argued that rights are not provable not that they are not a human construct. I demonstrated that rights are provable and reasonable once you reduce them down to the law of reciprocity. Please do try to keep up mac.

    Well, that just defies common sense...
    Ah, so you do know how to use wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #1096
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the argument you were making. You argued that rights are not provable not that they are not a human construct. I demonstrated that rights are provable and reasonable once you reduce them down to the law of reciprocity. Please do try to keep up mac.
    They're not provable, they are assumed based on the perceived benefits to society that they provide.

    Ah, so you do know how to use wikipedia.
    Right, only you know anything. Didn't we discuss already that my major was sociology? It's always entertaining when young educated people assume they are the only educated person.
    Last edited by mac; 05-05-12 at 11:32 AM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #1097
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    They're not provable, they are assumed based on the perceived benefits to society that they provide.
    Yeah, because you can't establish the truth or validity of rights by the measurable benefits that they have provided to society.

    Right, only you know anything. Didn't we discuss already that my major was sociology? It's always entertaining when young educated people assume they are the only educated person.
    You are not a sociology major until you pass your statistics class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #1098
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yeah, because you can't establish the truth or validity of rights by the measurable benefits that they have provided to society.
    No, you can assume them based on perceived results.

    You are not a sociology major until you pass your statistics class.
    Well, first that's not true...second, I passed my statistics class 15 years, or so, ago. I do hate math in nearly every form though.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #1099
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, you can assume them based on perceived results.
    That is the definition of "provable" mac.

    Well, first that's not true...second, I passed my statistics class 15 years, or so, ago. I do hate math in nearly every form though.
    Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #1100
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That is the definition of "provable" mac.
    No, it isn't. It's the definition of assumable. It can easily be argued that the rule of law, basic human standards, and rights that we have developed over the maturation of our species has had a detrimental affect as well. It's all about perception.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •