Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #1071
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Well it's good to know that IYO any bigoted comment can be made to any group at a "journalism symposium". Please post now or in the future and example of this happening. You can't use Christian children again. That wouldn't fly. Pick say a black group, or Jewish group, or a gay group. Get back with us with the journalists total speech, okay?
    As you say:
    What I do is "consistenly" not follow the herring trail you lay out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1072
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As you say:

    Oh, sorry. I thought you might actually have evidence to back up your comments. All you have is - you side with Savage.

    Hey that's okay, there are others that think Savage was absolutely right in dressing down those kids. Easy to give a "good talking" to a bunch of school kids. Not so easy putting your theory into practice at a like "journalist symoposium.

  3. #1073
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    My daughter's taking first communion tomorrow. Her uncle is gay and we all love and accept him.

    Walking into a church and speaking would be rude. Just like walking out on a speaker because what he's saying challenges your beliefs. Sit back down and listen. Then think about it.

    How do you expect to expand your mind if you can't think outside your own little sheltered world?

    I'd bet you 50 bucks the majority of the walk-outs are not college bound. Good college profs challenge the class constantly.
    When your beliefs are based on faith and not on science, you are unlikely to be willing to listen to anybody who challenges those beliefs. Rational debate is not possible with many religious people because facts and logic have no effect on them.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #1074
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    When your beliefs are based on faith and not on science, you are unlikely to be willing to listen to anybody who challenges those beliefs. Rational debate is not possible with many religious people because facts and logic have no effect on them.
    This is due to the fact that societies version of facts and logic are not the same as a person of faith's. To us, hearing we (humans) developed from monkeys or that the world came to be from meteors running into each other is irrational. Not saying you made those claims. I'm just using them as an example. At least what we believe has a historical document backing it up.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #1075
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Oh, sorry. I thought you might actually have evidence to back up your comments. All you have is - you side with Savage.

    Hey that's okay, there are others that think Savage was absolutely right in dressing down those kids. Easy to give a "good talking" to a bunch of school kids. Not so easy putting your theory into practice at a like "journalist symoposium.
    There you go again, kiddy, what comment of MINE needed "backing"? So far all you have done is to ignore Savage's basic point/message and put words in my mouth.

    So if you think there is something I said that I have to "back", just cut and paste in your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1076
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    This is due to the fact that societies version of facts and logic are not the same as a person of faith's. To us, hearing we (humans) developed from monkeys or that the world came to be from meteors running into each other is irrational. Not saying you made those claims. I'm just using them as an example. At least what we believe has a historical document backing it up.
    Are you seriously denying the reality of evolution? and NO, the world did not come into existence "from meteors running into each other"

    I will not deny that the Bible, whichever version you happen to believe in, is a "historical document". That parts of it were written as far back as 3000 years would sort of make it "historical", that does not however lend any more credence to the 'history' told in it than the history we can read in Sumerian, or Egyptian or Chinese documents of similar age. There are far too many contradictions to be found within the pages of said text for it to be considered a totally reliable source. Archaeology has shown that many of the events that supposedly occurred earlier than approximately the early 8th Century BCE just didn't happen.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #1077
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There you go again, kiddy, what comment of MINE needed "backing"? So far all you have done is to ignore Savage's basic point/message and put words in my mouth.

    So if you think there is something I said that I have to "back", just cut and paste in your response.


    Oh no . . . you don't have a single thing to back up. Thanks.

  8. #1078
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    This is due to the fact that societies version of facts and logic are not the same as a person of faith's. To us, hearing we (humans) developed from monkeys or that the world came to be from meteors running into each other is irrational. Not saying you made those claims. I'm just using them as an example. At least what we believe has a historical document backing it up.
    As I said, it's based on faith - including faith that the bible is an historical document rather than a collection of folk tales written years after the events mentioned took place.
    As long as those beliefs based on faith do not interfere with my life or limit my freedoms, I take no issue with them.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #1079
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Oh no . . . you don't have a single thing to back up. Thanks.
    Whatever kiddy, that is pretty pathetic....and you are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1080
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Are you seriously denying the reality of evolution? and NO, the world did not come into existence "from meteors running into each other"
    How does homosexuality play into evolution?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •