Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #1041
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post

    Which is part of my point. If there IS divine inspiration, it would certainly make sense that it would "inspire" such a "committee." If there ISN'T, then it doesn't matter, at all. Faith has never required scientific proof.
    Well now, someone should document this "divinely inspired committee" at work, having them work in isolation with each member receiving this "inspiration" simultaneously. It could go a long way in showing that faith is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1042
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    They had access to information back then that we don't have to make their decision on what's heresy and what's not.
    What, the internet?

  3. #1043
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I do agree - he shouldn't have done it.

    But I don't think it's the same thing as the bullying that my son experienced at school.

    Nor do I disagree with his point - but it just wasn't appropriate.

    I also didnt' realize that they were taken to this assembly by their teacher and it wasn't just a 'open to all who want to attend' type thing (but would that really matter? I don't think so) - I think he was an ass about it. He could have discussed it a bit - maybe received some backlash - but not like this with just using a different approach to the point.

    I honestly think his point can be made without actually referring directly to the Bible.

    At last, someone who has sound reasoning. Thank you.

    I don't care what people believe. I don't have a hatred for non-religious or religious folks. I don't care what folks read or don't read. Folks are free to do as they please. Believe what you want, or don't believe, it's your decision, not mine. Just don't order/expect me to participate, then we've got a problem.

    I do care, very, very much, if you hurt kids.

  4. #1044
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    I do care, very, very much, if you hurt kids.
    Which is the same feeling Savage has.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1045
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Which is the same feeling Savage has.

    Really? If Savage felt that we all have the right to believe as we please, but most important in our beliefs was not hurting kids, I and everyone else wouldn't be here, yes?

  6. #1046
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Really? If Savage felt that we all have the right to believe as we please, but most important in our beliefs was not hurting kids, I and everyone else wouldn't be here, yes?
    I don't know why you feel the need to complicate things, the most basic point here is that Savage is against kids being bullied, that is the most basic part of his message.

    His method might have been in error, but don't let that distract you from the basic message.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #1047
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't know why you feel the need to complicate things, the most basic point here is that Savage is against kids being bullied, that is the most basic part of his message.

    His method might have been in error, but don't let that distract you from the basic message.


    I'm not gonna do the "Gimmie Square Dance" with you. We've done this before, yes? You want to change the subject and I don't. But thanks for your interest.

  8. #1048
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Which is the same feeling Savage has.
    but he was the only one doing it at the time.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #1049
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    I'm not gonna do the "Gimmie Square Dance" with you. We've done this before, yes? You want to change the subject and I don't. But thanks for your interest.
    Your saying "I do care, very, very much, if you hurt kids" and my saying that Savage feels the same and pointing out it is the most basic part of his message is not changing the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1050
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    but he was the only one doing it at the time.
    No, he is not, he pointed out that people who are bullying and using the Bible to justify it are hypocrites....you righties are saying he is a hypocrite too.....so no, he is not the "only one".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •