Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 201

Thread: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

  1. #181
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,285

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    That's intellectually dishonest..
    Look, I made clear statements that I hate the catholic church for numerous reasons i spelled out in several posts. Each time I was referring to the leadership of the church. I made statement to that end as well. Had you read my posts only a 2nd grader (or someone with a 2nd grade mental capacity, take your pick) would come to the same conclusion as you are suggesting.

    You come along and try to suggest I meant all the people who are members of the church when in fact you clearly know otherwise and i have clarified numerous times..

    And you have the balls to call me " intellectually dishonest " ?

    Run along son. I am done with you.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 04-29-12 at 04:48 PM.

  2. #182
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    That's intellectually dishonest. Through the course of this discussion you haven't effectively supported your argument, and instead has accidentally proven my point. This is why you should slow down and use more accurate words when making a claim. You have not proven me wrong, you arguments have repeatedly been weak, and you you refuse to acknowledge your simple mistake on this issue. The congregatiom is the church, and the sooner you acknowledge that the better for all involved.


    Top Cat isn't going to listen to me anyway, because apparently he believes I'm one of those crazy right-wingers, but Wake is correct. The Church is only as strong as it's members. Without members, a church is just a building. Matthew 18:20 says For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. That basically means that you can have church in your living room, under the oak tree at the park, or on the deck of a cruise ship.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    You and Wake sure have moved the discussion far and away from the original topic in a pointless waste of energy over a misinterpretation of a word.

    It was explained above, this has becoming meaningless.

    Anytime you want to get back to the topic is fine with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #184
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    This whole thread is a pointless waste of energy. Nobody wants to admit that she broke the rules so her contract isn't getting renewed. It's a very simple issue that has been turned into a movie-of-the-week. She didn't follow the rules, so her contract isn't renewed. I'd love for somebody to tell me (and I've asked in this thread several times) about a job where you can break the rules and not get fired.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    This whole thread is a pointless waste of energy. Nobody wants to admit that she broke the rules so her contract isn't getting renewed. It's a very simple issue that has been turned into a movie-of-the-week. She didn't follow the rules, so her contract isn't renewed. I'd love for somebody to tell me (and I've asked in this thread several times) about a job where you can break the rules and not get fired.
    It is obvious that you don't understand what the conflict is about. The conflict is whether a teacher at a catholic school, who is not a catholic, who teaches a secular subject, is a minister and is covered by the ministerial exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #186
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,285

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You and Wake sure have moved the discussion far and away from the original topic in a pointless waste of energy over a misinterpretation of a word.
    I didn't misrepresent the word. That was my point all along. Even when I took out the dictionary, Wake was hellbent on suggesting that the definition doesn;t matter and that it wasn't what I was using. He was wrong.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 04-29-12 at 10:16 PM.

  7. #187
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,285

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Top Cat isn't going to listen to me anyway, because apparently he believes I'm one of those crazy right-wingers, but Wake is correct. .
    I thought at least you had a lick of sense on this, apparently not. The manner in which I used Church is defined below (emboldened and linked). It's in the dictionary. Look it up. I understand the concept to which you refer is also a definition of the Church. The problem is, it is not what I was talking about. The congregation doesn't make the 'rules" or move priest around to avoid prosecution etc. the leadership does. That is who I have my beef with. Why is that so difficult to understand?

    : the clergy or officialdom of a religious body

    Church - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

  8. #188
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is obvious that you don't understand what the conflict is about. The conflict is whether a teacher at a catholic school, who is not a catholic, who teaches a secular subject, is a minister and is covered by the ministerial exception.
    No, the conflict is whether or not the teacher should not have to follow the rules set forth by her employer. She has rules, she agreed to them when she was hand-fed this job fresh out of college, and now she doesn't want to follow the rules, and wants to sue instead.

  9. #189
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I thought at least you had a lick of sense on this, apparently not. The manner in which I used Church is defined below (emboldened and linked). It's in the dictionary. Look it up. I understand the concept to which you refer is also a definition of the Church. The problem is, it is not what I was talking about. The congregation doesn't make the 'rules" or move priest around to avoid prosecution etc. the leadership does. That is who I have my beef with. Why is that so difficult to understand?

    : the clergy or officialdom of a religious body

    Church - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    When all else fails, call somebody names, right? Besides, your blind hatred of the Church and everything involved in it is transparent, and is making this thread redundant.

  10. #190
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,285

    Re: Teacher Claims She Was Fired From Catholic School For In Vitro Fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    When all else fails, call somebody names, right? Besides, your blind hatred of the Church and everything involved in it is transparent, and is making this thread redundant.
    When all else fails, avoid the facts. They get in the way of a good argument. Seriously. Avoid the facts at all costs.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •