Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 160

Thread: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

  1. #121
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Well, if you're really worried about genocidal attempts on the African American populace....


    blackgenocide.org

  2. #122
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well, if you're really worried about genocidal attempts on the African American populace....


    blackgenocide.org
    Only if you can attribute the genocide to white (or hispanic) 'murderers'. Otherwise...move along...nothing to see here...

  3. #123
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Sticking with the OP

    in this case race doesnt matter to me unless theres some REAL evidence to show it was a factor

    anyway

    I think the home owner overreacted by confronting the person, knowing the facts that this was an enclosed porch separate but attached, yes you simply call 911, train your gun on the door entering your home from the porch and wait for the calvery.


    Now with that being said, that does not make me think the guy is guilty of a crime. Overacted? yes guilty, no.

    The kid also played his part in this because yes it is very very stupid to hide in somebody's porch at any time of day/night.

    Now I am assuming that the porch is separate but attached because some peoples porches persay become part of the home over time, door in the middle removed or just a wide entry way put in ect. This could be a factor. Some states also have laws that different about property, home, garages porches etc. ALso in some states it would matter if the porch was locked or if it even had a locking door.


    I would also be curious if the kid was actually shot in the chest or in fact cowering in the corner.

    all factors we could make up and discuss but I personally dont know the answers.

    Bottom line, Just going off of what I read, seems a very legal shoot that happened because a home owner overreacted and a kid made a piss poor judgement call to hide inside someone else porch.


    Etc etc etc
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #124
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Sticking with the OP

    in this case race doesnt matter to me unless theres some REAL evidence to show it was a factor

    anyway

    I think the home owner overreacted by confronting the person, knowing the facts that this was an enclosed porch separate but attached, yes you simply call 911, train your gun on the door entering your home from the porch and wait for the calvery.


    Now with that being said, that does not make me think the guy is guilty of a crime. Overacted? yes guilty, no.

    The kid also played his part in this because yes it is very very stupid to hide in somebody's porch at any time of day/night.

    Now I am assuming that the porch is separate but attached because some peoples porches persay become part of the home over time, door in the middle removed or just a wide entry way put in ect. This could be a factor. Some states also have laws that different about property, home, garages porches etc. ALso in some states it would matter if the porch was locked or if it even had a locking door.


    I would also be curious if the kid was actually shot in the chest or in fact cowering in the corner.

    all factors we could make up and discuss but I personally dont know the answers.

    Bottom line, Just going off of what I read, seems a very legal shoot that happened because a home owner overreacted and a kid made a piss poor judgement call to hide inside someone else porch.


    Etc etc etc
    I don't know that I consider it an overreaction. The person shot was well old enough to know better than to trespass, as well I would pretty much give one warning in the same situation i.e. "leave, surrender, or prepare yourself."
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #125
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I don't know that I consider it an overreaction. The person shot was well old enough to know better than to trespass, as well I would pretty much give one warning in the same situation i.e. "leave, surrender, or prepare yourself."
    Im sure different people feel differently and I certainly wouldnt tell you that you are wrong. I agree there shouldnt have been trespassing as I already posted I just feel its an overrating because 911 wanst called when he knew the cops were right outside and the possible threat wasnt actually in the house.
    Now my opinion is based just off of what I have read, there are factors that could change it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #126
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Im sure different people feel differently and I certainly wouldnt tell you that you are wrong. I agree there shouldnt have been trespassing as I already posted I just feel its an overrating because 911 wanst called when he knew the cops were right outside and the possible threat wasnt actually in the house.
    Now my opinion is based just off of what I have read, there are factors that could change it.
    Sure, people are more than welcome to opinions on the actions taken that night. I personally wouldn't have trusted that the police could cover the distance quickly enough had the trespasser decided to escalate, my first response would be to attempt to get him to surrender but realistically that can escalate a situation as well. It is a personal decision to make, fully agree on that.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #127
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Sure, people are more than welcome to opinions on the actions taken that night. I personally wouldn't have trusted that the police could cover the distance quickly enough had the trespasser decided to escalate, my first response would be to attempt to get him to surrender but realistically that can escalate a situation as well. It is a personal decision to make, fully agree on that.
    I agree it definitely is a personal decesion but am I missing something?

    Wasnt the kid in the porch?
    That means the guy had to unlock a door a go looking for him?
    WHy do you feel the police that are a couple hundered feet away in a car couldnt get there and handle it for you?
    ANd of course you just hold the gun on the door they would have to break down to gain entry to your house if thats what they wanted.

    Was this not the case?

    Because I would most certainly take away my opinion that he overreacted if the person was already in the house, the hell with the cops, I only call them to get the body out but that wasnt the case.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #128
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I agree it definitely is a personal decesion but am I missing something?

    Wasnt the kid in the porch?
    That means the guy had to unlock a door a go looking for him?
    WHy do you feel the police that are a couple hundered feet away in a car couldnt get there and handle it for you?
    ANd of course you just hold the gun on the door they would have to break down to gain entry to your house if thats what they wanted.

    Was this not the case?

    Because I would most certainly take away my opinion that he overreacted if the person was already in the house, the hell with the cops, I only call them to get the body out but that wasnt the case.
    Nah, you're not missing anything. Here in La. your property self defense depends on two things 1) Aggression of the perpetrator and 2) Being able to prove such to a jury so I would actually from a legal defense standpoint be required to stay in the house, though that is not my primary instinct. With this scenario it's a subjective call, personally I think when the house is full of family you meet the aggressor when possible to limit any access to the doors and windows, less chance of your own getting caught in the fray. As well when the police respond to an intruder call they could well mistake you for the aggressor, I would rather they see me engaged and holding than just seeing me with firearm brandished. Again it's all about what the person who feels threatened sees it, I am more fight than flight, and don't like the thought of this suspect having such a short distance to cover with little knowledge of his intent and ability to break and enter.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Nah, you're not missing anything. Here in La. your property self defense depends on two things 1) Aggression of the perpetrator and 2) Being able to prove such to a jury so I would actually from a legal defense standpoint be required to stay in the house, though that is not my primary instinct. With this scenario it's a subjective call, personally I think when the house is full of family you meet the aggressor when possible to limit any access to the doors and windows, less chance of your own getting caught in the fray. As well when the police respond to an intruder call they could well mistake you for the aggressor, I would rather they see me engaged and holding than just seeing me with firearm brandished. Again it's all about what the person who feels threatened sees it, I am more fight than flight, and don't like the thought of this suspect having such a short distance to cover with little knowledge of his intent and ability to break and enter.
    we just disagree in this case because I think he created MORE chance for family to be caught in the fray because without calling the police and opening a locked door giving possible easy access to the house/family and rushing into the dark against a foe unknown, if he win its much worse than keeping the family away, aiming at the door and waiting for the police 100s of feet away.

    ALso I think you are also being dramatic, not sure what type of house you live in and doors you have and Im more fight than flight to for sure but unless for some reason you think its EASY to gain access through a main door I dont go lookin.

    Now if its not a real door or all glass then maybe I do.

    but i do agree with you 100% when you said "Again it's all about what the person who feels threatened sees it" Im probably biased because I do have a enclosed porch and Im basing my assessment on that. If somebody is out there they are not getting in my house easy at all, theres a locked screen/glass door and a solid thick wood door after that. In my case id never go out there if the police are 100s of feet away but like I said thats just me and my house.

    This guy might have had one of those doors you could punch though if you wanted lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #130
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    we just disagree in this case because I think he created MORE chance for family to be caught in the fray because without calling the police and opening a locked door giving possible easy access to the house/family and rushing into the dark against a foe unknown, if he win its much worse than keeping the family away, aiming at the door and waiting for the police 100s of feet away.
    Could be, I see it as none of us know exactly what the guy who shot was going through. There are people who pull to scare, stupid move that will get you killed, my dad taught me about firearms from a young age, first rule is once the gun comes out be ready to use it, which may mean taking a life and all of it's consequences. If someone is only looking to use the gun as a scare tactic then yes, every single member of their family is at risk the minute that porch door opens.

    ALso I think you are also being dramatic, not sure what type of house you live in and doors you have and Im more fight than flight to for sure but unless for some reason you think its EASY to gain access through a main door I dont go lookin.

    Now if its not a real door or all glass then maybe I do.
    That's basically where I'm at in bold. In the deep south we tend to have paned glass doors in our homes, if someone is willing to punch through it's nothing to get to a deadbolt and lock, from my perspective I personally couldn't take the chance.
    but i do agree with you 100% when you said "Again it's all about what the person who feels threatened sees it" Im probably biased because I do have a enclosed porch and Im basing my assessment on that. If somebody is out there they are not getting in my house easy at all, theres a locked screen/glass door and a solid thick wood door after that. In my case id never go out there if the police are 100s of feet away but like I said thats just me and my house.
    You are relatively secure, in that instance I would take the chance on the police, but trust me I'd still be armed.
    This guy might have had one of those doors you could punch though if you wanted lol
    That's my thinking. In fact a lot of houses have a less reinforced back yard from what I understand, this well could have been the case.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •