Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 155

Thread: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

  1. #141
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    No, it means what the Supreme Court says it means. It was written in the 18th century and what was applicable then is always reviewed in light of existing circumstances.

    Maybe you should sign up for that class in the U.S. legal system, assuming they bother with such things in Turkey.
    I should probably point out that i no longer live in Turkey and have neither the will nor the capacity to work out how to change my location. That said the situation is revealing itself to be an interesting idiot filter.

  2. #142
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,679

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Actually, the military is sworn to protect the Constitution. If a President does perpetuate human rights abuses, the military has the right to not follow those orders since they go against the Constitution.
    And where do we as military members get to draw the line? Do I get to disable a fleet of A-10s prior to an attack on Kurdish rebels in Turkey because my personal belief is flying CAS for Turkish F4s while they drop 500 pounders on the 'enemy' because they live on the wrong side of the border is a 'war crime'? Does an NCO get to refuse the orders of the CiC because he believes he is a fraud and all of his orders are unlawful? Does the military en-masse get to just simply refuse to deploy because they disagree with what they interpret as an unlawful order? Hey...how about if we just decide that the orders issued by the CiC are unlawful and unconstitutional and decide it is not just our right but DUTY to overthrow the CiC and all other government officials?

  3. #143
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    soooooooooooooo....this thread looks like fun * thinks about dipping his toe in but instead walks away.

  4. #144
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I'll repeat it again, in case you really don't understand. The U.S. Constitution means whatever the Supreme Court says it means. Until you Euro-Lefties attain a majority on that court, and I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you, your opinion means nothing. You can read the Constitution until your blue in the face. Knock yourself out. Please.
    That's not true at all bro, the Constitution means what it says. The Supreme Court exists to interpret whether or not something is permissible, according to Constitutional law.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #145
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,560

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I don't want to believe or disbelieve it, I just don't automatically assume that because a newspaper reports it it must be true. Time and investigation will prove the matter one way or the other. I'm not attacking them as a source, I'm simply saying that neither you nor I know whether this is a reputable paper or whether it has some agenda in making the claims it made in its report. i've never heard of it before. Have you?

    If Lord Ahmed made the statements quoted by the newspaper at a public event or even a behind-closed-doors internal event, there is bound to be some phyical record of that speech. I'm sure the investigation will turn up that evidence if it exists. Do you have some reason for believing the journalist over the politician? I don't. Neither profession is exactly the last word in reliability. Why rush to judgement when the facts aren't yet known?
    I already told you -- the paper has less of a reason to make it up than he has to deny it.

    Besides, I "rushed" to nothing; I posted the OP with no comment.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #146
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,560

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    which is the wiki details of who the OP are. That is exactly what I provided the details of the souce of the OP.
    You keep clinging to MEMRI being the "source." They aren't. This has been pointed out to you, yet you keep insisting that they are.

    This is pretty stark dishonesty on your part.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #147
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,560

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    No, I never said that. I quoted the source of the OP which wrongly said he had put a bounty on Obama.
    Yet according to your own link, he did offer to do so for Bush and Blair:

    America has just said that they will give a reward of $10m to anyone who arrests or hands over Hafiz Saeed. I am saying that even if I have to beg in Haripur, and the whole of Pakistan, the US or Britain. Even if I have to beg I am willing to raise and offer £10m so that George W Bush and Tony Blair can be brought to the ICC for justice on war crimes charges.Even if I have to sell my house I am ready to give it away. The thing is that, if they are talking sensibly then I too am talking sensibly. The US has put pressure on Pakistan. To release this pressure I am are saying this. But the thing is, a political move should be countered with a political move."
    Which is different from what he said in his denial.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #148
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    soooooooooooooo....this thread looks like fun * thinks about dipping his toe in but instead walks away.
    Escape while you still can!

  9. #149
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    If there's one never ending thing in this world, it's human stupidity.

    It's not even funny, to be honest.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  10. #150
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Britain's Lord Nazir Ahmed Offers £10 Million Bounty for Obama, Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    If there's one never ending thing in this world, it's human stupidity.

    It's not even funny, to be honest.
    I disagree, it's quite hilarious. Especially when it involves bear traps.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •