Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 327

Thread: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

  1. #221
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    If he had voted and not posted the video exactly how was he supposed to have been prosecuted? [...]
    When you have to go hypothetical, you know that you don't have an argument based on facts, right? In any case...

    1. When the person he voted for showed up at the polling place and tried to vote -- at which point the real person would have been told that he had already voted (they keep track of who has voted). At which point the real person, and the poll worker, knows that something fishy is going on.

    2. When the imposter's signature did not match the real person's signature (I'm not sure if this is checked in all states, but then again it is not my task to disprove hypotheticals).

    But so far the right can't even come up with an example of either of those things happening, so a logical deduction would be that it is not happening.

  2. #222
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    When you have to go hypothetical, you know that you don't have an argument based on facts, right? In any case...

    1. When the person he voted for showed up at the polling place and tried to vote -- at which point the real person would have been told that he had already voted (they keep track of who has voted). At which point the real person, and the poll worker, knows that something fishy is going on.

    2. When the imposter's signature did not match the real person's signature (I'm not sure if this is checked in all states, but then again it is not my task to disprove hypotheticals).

    But so far the right can't even come up with an example of either of those things happening, so a logical deduction would be that it is not happening.
    1: Not everyone pre-registers to vote, as such there is no signature to compare to.

    2: Do you expect those that work at the polls to remember every single person that comes in out of thousands of people? Not to mention the real person could quite possibly go to a different polling area and/or a different person in the same polling station.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #223
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'll give you the same question I asked Haymarket....

    "Just how are statistics like this suppose to be compiled if there is no way to tell if the people voting are who they say they are?"

    Bold: Funny that you say that considering a lot of the voter ID laws that I have seen that are coming out give out FREE ID and requireing no ID for absentee ballots. How is that preventing anyone from voting? Sorry but again, reality shows you to be wrong.
    Your posts show zero contact with reality, but instead occupy a fuzzy world where lack of proof of A is proof of not A (when A itself does not even exist). I think there was a Star Trek episode on this . . . .

  4. #224
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Your posts show zero contact with reality, but instead occupy a fuzzy world where lack of proof of A is proof of not A (when A itself does not even exist). I think there was a Star Trek episode on this . . . .
    Evasion alert!!!

    How about you actually answer my question instead of evading it?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #225
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1: Not everyone pre-registers to vote, as such there is no signature to compare to.

    2: Do you expect those that work at the polls to remember every single person that comes in out of thousands of people? Not to mention the real person could quite possibly go to a different polling area and/or a different person in the same polling station.
    I understand that you have many questions about the voting process, which your posts indicate an unfamiliarity with, but I suggest you contact your local officials for answers and enlightenment instead of just making stuff up.

    Election Day voter registration allows eligible voters to register on election day, usually by showing valid identification to a poll worker, who checks the identification, consults the registration list, and, if they are not registered, registers them on the spot.

    Election Day voter registration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #226
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I understand that you have many questions about the voting process, which your posts indicate an unfamiliarity with, but I suggest you contact your local officials for answers and enlightenment instead of just making stuff up.
    You should note the word "usually" in that wiki link quote of yours. The word "usually" does not mean "always". If it was "always" then there would be no need for voter ID laws or this entire discussion.

    So...when are you going to answer my question?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #227
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Your posts show zero contact with reality, but instead occupy a fuzzy world where lack of proof of A is proof of not A (when A itself does not even exist). I think there was a Star Trek episode on this . . . .
    Evasion alert!!! How about you actually answer my question instead of evading it?
    Your question requires formal education in logic (a high school level course would probably do it, if they even have one), and this is not the proper place for that. Perhaps you can take a course online.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang, which he thinks I evaded View Post
    I'll give you the same question I asked Haymarket....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And as the sun begins to set, it looks like yet another in a long series of days where no verifiable data is presented demonstrating voter fraud convictions to any significant degree warranting this type of action. [...]
    "Just how are statistics like this suppose to be compiled if there is no way to tell if the people voting are who they say they are?" [...]
    But I did already address your question; did you not understand it? It was the part in bold above. Now, why did you evade my questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl, earlier, replying to Kal'Stang View Post
    Simply because you do not know how to detect/investigate voter fraud does not mean that everyone else is equally challenged.

    How can you tell the Earth is actually orbiting the Sun, and not the other way around? Therefore, how do you know that the scientists aren't lying to us, like they are about global warming?

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Your question requires formal education in logic (a high school level course would probably do it, if they even have one), and this is not the proper place for that. Perhaps you can take a course online.
    You know what Karl, I'm done with you. If you cannot be civil then you are not worth the crap that I **** in the toilet.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #229
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You should note the word "usually" in that wiki link quote of yours. The word "usually" does not mean "always". If it was "always" then there would be no need for voter ID laws or this entire discussion. [...]
    Well, there is no need for voter ID laws or this entire discussion since you have failed to show evidence of any need -- other than your imagination, which, I'm sure you will be crushed to know, does not qualify as evidence of need.

    Now, as to the word "usually"... when you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1: Not everyone pre-registers to vote, as such there is no signature to compare to. [...]
    Did you mean "Not everyone pre-registers to vote, as such there is usually no signature to compare to." ?

    And even if you did mean that, didn't that wiki link quote of mine still prove your imagination wrong, since the signature on the ID would be compared to the signature the voter submits at the polling place when voting in a same-day registration scenario?

    We had a guy in here last night that dug a hole so deep we haven't heard back... perhaps he's in China now? How's your Mandarin?

  10. #230
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    When you have to go hypothetical, you know that you don't have an argument based on facts, right? In any case...

    1. When the person he voted for showed up at the polling place and tried to vote -- at which point the real person would have been told that he had already voted (they keep track of who has voted). At which point the real person, and the poll worker, knows that something fishy is going on.

    2. When the imposter's signature did not match the real person's signature (I'm not sure if this is checked in all states, but then again it is not my task to disprove hypotheticals).

    But so far the right can't even come up with an example of either of those things happening, so a logical deduction would be that it is not happening.
    1 He used a public personality on purpose only a moron actually trying to do this type of voter fraud would use a public figure. With roughly 60% voter rates and use of false registrations (that why it is a scandal that dead/fake/nonexistant people getting registered is bad) there will be no "real" person coming to vote after.

    2. Ok signatures dont match how does that get the guy in the video caught? It could only after much hassle get the unlawful vote disqualified but if it is never reported, see above it`ll never happen.

    The fear of prosecution arguement you have made several times makes no sense. Your defense of it here doesnt work either. Again how is requesting ID a problem?

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •