Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 327

Thread: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

  1. #211
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,034

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    And therein lies the underlying right wing meme pushing these new laws... according to the right,

    1. people without jobs are lazy
    2. people without jobs are on welfare
    3. people without jobs on welfare vote for Democrats
    4. let's make it harder for lazy people (without jobs or on welfare) to vote.

    The right wants to make it more difficult to vote, plain and simple. That has been their game plan for decades; caging lists, etc... they claim to want to stop illegal votes, when their actions are always framed to stop Democratic votes.
    Just to refer to my above post as an outsider looking in I hear the same thing from both sides GOP and DEM, the other guy just wants to do this to gain an advantage, kinda sad. I like to think most peopel are in the middle and don't consider the extreme whackos to be credible but lets face there are whackos on both sides and they always get heard out of all proportion to their support (I hope) The internet makes this easier. I hear each side continually defend their guy/gal often with such banalaties as oh yeah that was kinda bad but look at what so and so on the other side said/did.
    Seriously BOTH sides do this continually. I listen to talk radio on my commute (i know nut jobs) but Best talk radio is when the right wing one and left wing one are talking on the same subject. flipping back and forth, listening to the opposite spins is rather amusing. Then I always have to switch back to local to get the traffic, ohh the evil evil traffic.

    Sorry bit off topic this post but It seems this thread is heading that way.
    Last edited by Quag; 04-12-12 at 09:54 PM.

  2. #212
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    And therein lies the underlying right wing meme pushing these new laws... according to the right,

    1. people without jobs are lazy
    2. people without jobs are on welfare
    3. people without jobs on welfare vote for Democrats
    4. let's make it harder for lazy people (without jobs or on welfare) to vote.

    The right wants to make it more difficult to vote, plain and simple. That has been their game plan for decades; caging lists, etc... they claim to want to stop illegal votes, when their actions are always framed to stop Democratic votes.
    Funny how you got all that from that post when it said nothing of the kind. It is not hard, at all, to drive, walk, ride a bus or with a friend to the DMV.

    Not to mention that post was in reference to someone that basically said that it was hard enough to get people to go out an vote instead of sitting on their asses on a couch.

    BTW, you should prolly know that I am poor and though I am a stay at home dad (ie i don't have a job) and yet I don't vote democrat or republican. I vote based on who I think would be better for the job. Even if that means voting for someone other than the two primary people running for office. (Oh look! A poor person that has ID and thinks its easy to get ID!) Just for reference as to how poor we are my wife brings in 23k-25k per year...gross.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #213
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    I have to disagree. There was nothign stopping him from proceeding. NOTHING. [...]
    The fear of prosecution stopped him. That alone is evidence that nothing further is needed.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Funny how you got all that from that post when it said nothing of the kind. It is not hard, at all, to drive, walk, ride a bus or with a friend to the DMV. [...]
    Why should anyone have to walk, drive, ride a bus or a friend (that last one might be interesting) to the DMV to solve a problem that no one can prove exists?

  5. #215
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Why should anyone have to walk, drive, ride a bus or a friend (that last one might be interesting) to the DMV to solve a problem that no one can prove exists?
    Why should anyone have to walk,drive, ride a bus or a friend to get to the polling place so they can vote?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #216
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The fear of prosecution stopped him. That alone is evidence that nothing further is needed.
    The "fear of prosecution stopped him" because he wasn't actually trying to break the law. Just make a point. That doesn't mean that others that are not trying to make a point will not ignore the law.

    Seriously if unscrupulous people were that afraid of breaking the law why the hell is it that there is crime happening all the freaking time? Sorry but your arguement falls flat in the face of reality.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #217
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,034

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    The fear of prosecution stopped him. That alone is evidence that nothing further is needed.
    If he had voted and not posted the video exactly how was he supposed to have been prosecuted? He only feared prosecution because he intended to post the video. Sorry this arguement make no sense.
    To to prosecute someone you need to know:
    A)there was a crime
    - how would this have been discovered if he hadn't posted the vieo?
    B) someone to prosecute
    - even if they discovered the crime how would they discover the identity of the perpetrator without him posting it?
    C) evidence of guilt/confession
    - without video no evidence, though his posting of it could be considered a confession AND evidence.

    Yes deterents stop many people from committing crimes, but not all! but By your logic no one would ever commit any crime because they might get caught. This we KNOW is false, crimes unfortunately are committed every day.
    Last edited by Quag; 04-12-12 at 10:05 PM.

  8. #218
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why should anyone have to walk,drive, ride a bus or a friend to get to the polling place so they can vote?
    LMAO so what do you propose? That people be allowed to vote from their home computer? Good god what an insane statement.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #219
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Just to refer to my above post as an outsider looking in I hear the same thing from both sides GOP and DEM [...]
    The GOP has been pushing the lazy welfare meme for three decades; it began with Ronald Reagan's 'welfare queen' (driving a Cadillac to the welfare office or some such), which is a stereotype for minorities, whom the GOP would like to prevent from voting (since, for example, some 86% of blacks vote Democratic every presidential election).

    This latest coordinated photo voter ID law is their newest effort. Since they have no proof of actual fraud that the law would prevent, they have to work the 'common sense' angle while calling those that currently do not 'qualify' as "lazy" (again, code for welfare, shiftless, = minority).

  10. #220
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The GOP has been pushing the lazy welfare meme for three decades; it began with Ronald Reagan's 'welfare queen' (driving a Cadillac to the welfare office or some such), which is a stereotype for minorities, whom the GOP would like to prevent from voting (since, for example, some 86% of blacks vote Democratic every presidential election).

    This latest coordinated photo voter ID law is their newest effort.
    Since they have no proof of actual fraud that the law would prevent, they have to work the 'common sense' angle while calling those that currently do not 'qualify' as "lazy" (again, code for welfare, shiftless, = minority).
    I'll give you the same question I asked Haymarket....

    "Just how are statistics like this suppose to be compiled if there is no way to tell if the people voting are who they say they are?"

    Bold: Funny that you say that considering a lot of the voter ID laws that I have seen that are coming out give out FREE ID and requireing no ID for absentee ballots. How is that preventing anyone from voting? Sorry but again, reality shows you to be wrong.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •