Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 327

Thread: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

  1. #181
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Partisans usually see only one side of the story. The other side is people who are prevented or discouraged form voting because of the law and it's telling when your reply failed to address that. I provided statistics of a bigger picture, if you want to play count the anecdotal evidence, play it with thinkprogress who counted 9 to your 8: REPORT: Nine People Denied Voting Rights By Voter ID Laws | ThinkProgress

    Happy now?
    only one side is visible.

    If a person is denied a right to vote, he knows then and there he is being disenfranchised. They can step forward and show conclusively that a problem exists.

    If my vote is being undermined by fraud, I have no way of knowing that I am being disenfranchised. nobody can step forward and prove the problem exists, that doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

    as a scientifically minded individual, I choose the system of knowing over the system of not knowing 10 times out of 10

  2. #182
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Voter ID is required in Ontario for federal elections, It is a federal law.
    If you live in Ontario your OHIP card has your photo unless you are not yet 18. I mentioned that those who cannot vote yet do not have photos, so it is of no consequence.
    My OHIP card does not have my photo.

    But yes, we do have to show a photo ID and proof of address if we don't have a registration card.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #183
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    One has nothing to do with the other. Voter ID IS required in Canada and is NOT onerous so why should it be onerous in the USA. I am not trying to be a hardass I am just asking for a simple explantion of why this is a bad thing. I have yet to recive a decent explanation.

    BTW I lived in Ottawa 2X in the past, Nice city, and glad to hear from a fellow Canuk.

    Last time I voted, I showed my registration card. I had the option of showing either my Mastercard bill with my address on it (or any other piece of mail with my name and address) or photo ID with an address. We don't have voter cards, nor has there been any discussion that it is needed.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #184
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    If my vote is being undermined by fraud, I have no way of knowing that I am being disenfranchised. nobody can step forward and prove the problem exists, that doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

    as a scientifically minded individual, I choose the system of knowing over the system of not knowing 10 times out of 10
    If you truly think this, then you must simply despise those ****ing voting machines!
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #185
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And? So basically, if one moves every year, then they have a change of address, no? So if someone who's photo ID reads 10 Jane Doe St., Chicago has moved to 20 John Doe St, Chicago, they can keep it as is despite the faulty address? Really?
    Perhaps I worded that wrong. You have to have resided in the state for 3-6 months. Not a specific residence. I do apologize for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I am having a hard time grasping how someone is perfectly fine with having to spend money to practice their democratic right. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.
    Again, you don't have to spend money. Remember I did say that all of the voter ID laws that I have seen has allowed for a way to get the ID for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Wow. Okay.
    But if you're wrong, the consequences will be severe. Bye-bye the freedom your have known your entire life.
    A bit hyper-bolic. But no, no freedom is taken away. All you have to do is go get that free ID or use an absentee ballot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Man, you are just all over the place. I have to shake my head because I am having a difficult time believing that some people think like this. So basically, you put your foot down at the possibility of solitary peppered people who might commit voter fraud, but are totally fine with voting machines that have proven to be extremely faulty at best. Don't you realize how absolutely ****ed up that sounds?

    And don't kid yourself. It's harder to bake a pie than it is to hack one of those babies. But hey, don't let that stop your misguided outrage!!111!!11!
    I'll repeat myself..perhaps a bit more clearly.

    Yes they are subject currently to being hacked and are prone to errors. But again they are new. As such until they are fixed and non-hackable I believe that any that are used should automatically print out who the person voted for so that the person can verify it and hand it in.

    Once the problems are fixed I see no problem with them. In fact I think that they can be a good thing considering the amount of paper that we use (and hence trees) in elections.

    But again...the problems MUST be fixed before we rely on them totally.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #186
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    If you truly think this, then you must simply despise those ****ing voting machines!
    machines counting the votes are not substantially different then party bosses in a back room manually counting votes. a great deal of opportunity for fraud is prevalent in either system.

  7. #187
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,807

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    By the liberal logic in this thread why dont you go rock climbing without a safety line, then once you fall you will have proof you CAN fall and need the safety line.

    You dont use the safety line for the 1000 times you dont fall you need it for the 1 time you do.
    Yeah, yeah analogy argument, go piss up a rope, but make sure it isnt your safety line :P

  8. #188
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    machines counting the votes are not substantially different then party bosses in a back room manually counting votes. a great deal of opportunity for fraud is prevalent in either system.
    Really?
    I was under the impression both parties had to be present when votes were counted. My bad.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Last time I voted, I showed my registration card. I had the option of showing either my Mastercard bill with my address on it (or any other piece of mail with my name and address) or photo ID with an address. We don't have voter cards, nor has there been any discussion that it is needed.
    I haver said how many times now I do not approuve of VOTER PHOTO ID cards. I said simply show ID we do it here in Canada, you have stated that as well. So where is the problem with showing ID?

    Again unless you are not 18 your OHIP card has your photo. If you are not 18 you cannot vote, so point is null.

    Again I will post elections canada site says what is required. Please tell me what part of this is wrong. A voter registration card alone is not sufficient.

    Elections Canada Online | Voter Identification at the Polls

    Not to get too personal middleground but where in Ottawa are you? I lived at U of O and near the airport along the Canal.

  10. #190
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Really?
    I was under the impression both parties had to be present when votes were counted. My bad.
    how do "both parties" being present alleviate my fears? you think I am represented by the bosses of those two parties? They openly hate my brand of conservatism.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •