Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 327

Thread: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

  1. #171
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    FYI I am Canadian Photo ID is not required just ID but there is push for Photo ID.
    There's a push??? That is news to me... this is the first I have heard of it, and I usually read the CBC daily.

    All Canadians have photo ID with their medicare card
    Wrong again. I don't. Oopsie.
    I'm in Quebec and it has been a big issue, though not much talk on it for about 6 months (construction corruption and student strikes are big things here)
    No photo on medicare card? I stand corrected, what province? Ive never seen one without it. (well ok when I was young we didnt have photos) Please explain the wrong again bit. Where have I been wrong before? If there are procinces that do not have phots on their medicare cards then I would have to say requiring photo ID could be a problem, only for the requiring a photo bit. You still need ID to vote in Canada (federal elections, It is possible for provincial/municipal in other parts of the country rules are different)

  2. #172
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Bolded Above:

    Alternate Meaning: Too Lazy to get one.
    Bolded Above:

    Alternate Meaning: Troll post.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh...and hey...this is just me...I'd LOVE to trust a website titled "thinkprogress"...Im SURE there is no bias there... [...]
    I'd LOVE to see an argument or point from the right that isn't based upon logical fallacies . . . . .

  4. #174
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    [...] Agreed it won't stop voter fraud but closing what is an obvious open barn door seems like a good thing. [...]
    There is no evidence of the barn door.

    It used to be obvious to many that the Earth was flat.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Watch the video again. The guy proved how easy it was, That is the barn door being wide open, Doesnt mean the animals are running out, but the possibility is there. Now again what is the problem with voter ID? So far i have seen only a small bit of evidence that obtention of said ID, in certain states needs to be amended. I haven`t seen anything that makes the use of ID onerous.

  6. #176
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Bold: Actually most states that I have been to don't allow you to vote unless you have a residence in that state for at least 3-6 months anyways.
    And? So basically, if one moves every year, then they have a change of address, no? So if someone who's photo ID reads 10 Jane Doe St., Chicago has moved to 20 John Doe St, Chicago, they can keep it as is despite the faulty address? Really?

    I can get a basic ID where I live for $15, I can't imagine that other places are that much more expensive. But even so, most of the laws that I have seen regarding voter ID's have some kind of provision in it where people can get it for free. How can they not afford that? Or like the link provided earlier shows they can vote via absentee ballot for free also (no ID required).
    I am having a hard time grasping how someone is perfectly fine with having to spend money to practice their democratic right. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

    Red: I really don't think that voter ID's laws will impact it at all.
    Wow. Okay.
    But if you're wrong, the consequences will be severe. Bye-bye the freedom your have known your entire life.


    I don't mind them. Yes I do know that currently they are subject to many errors and yes, hackings are possible. But they are reletively new and as such I don't fully trust them yet and believe that they should allow some kind of printout until such things are figured out and fixed. I believe that eventually voting machines will become the norm whether we trust them or not anyways. It is inevitable I think due to the normal progress of a society that is based off of technology...and a society that has so many people in it.
    Man, you are just all over the place. I have to shake my head because I am having a difficult time believing that some people think like this. So basically, you put your foot down at the possibility of solitary peppered people who might commit voter fraud, but are totally fine with voting machines that have proven to be extremely faulty at best. Don't you realize how absolutely ****ed up that sounds?

    And don't kid yourself. It's harder to bake a pie than it is to hack one of those babies. But hey, don't let that stop your misguided outrage!!111!!11!
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #177
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    I'm in Quebec and it has been a big issue, though not much talk on it for about 6 months (construction corruption and student strikes are big things here)
    No photo on medicare card? I stand corrected, what province? Ive never seen one without it. (well ok when I was young we didnt have photos) Please explain the wrong again bit. Where have I been wrong before? If there are procinces that do not have phots on their medicare cards then I would have to say requiring photo ID could be a problem, only for the requiring a photo bit. You still need ID to vote in Canada (federal elections, It is possible for provincial/municipal in other parts of the country rules are different)
    I am in Ontario. Never once heard about a cry for voter ID. It's ridiculous.

    You Quebeckers are weird, anyways.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #178
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Watch the video again. The guy proved how easy it was, That is the barn door being wide open, Doesnt mean the animals are running out, but the possibility is there. Now again what is the problem with voter ID? So far i have seen only a small bit of evidence that obtention of said ID, in certain states needs to be amended. I haven`t seen anything that makes the use of ID onerous.
    There's a possibility that you wil be hit by lightening, but I bet you still go outside.

    There's an old saying... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Voter fraud should be the least of concerns. IMO, I think voter turnout should be the top priority.
    Last edited by Middleground; 04-12-12 at 02:56 PM.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    I am in Ontario. Never once heard about a cry for voter ID. It's ridiculous.

    You Quebeckers are weird, anyways.
    Voter ID is required in Ontario for federal elections, It is a federal law.
    If you live in Ontario your OHIP card has your photo unless you are not yet 18. I mentioned that those who cannot vote yet do not have photos, so it is of no consequence.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    There's a possibility that you wil be hit by lightening, but I bet you still go outside.

    There's an old saying... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Voter fraud should be the least of concerns. IMO, I think voter turnout should be the top priority.
    One has nothing to do with the other. Voter ID IS required in Canada and is NOT onerous so why should it be onerous in the USA. I am not trying to be a hardass I am just asking for a simple explantion of why this is a bad thing. I have yet to recive a decent explanation.

    BTW I lived in Ottawa 2X in the past, Nice city, and glad to hear from a fellow Canuk.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •