Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 327

Thread: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

  1. #151
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Okay... Tell me where to find her and I will!
    Google her name, Dorothy Cooper, you know how to use google right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  2. #152
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Google her name, Dorothy Cooper, you know how to use google right?
    Yes Sir/M'am I certainly know how to use google.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #153
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Partisans usually see only one side of the story. The other side is people who are prevented or discouraged form voting because of the law and it's telling when your reply failed to address that. I provided statistics of a bigger picture, if you want to play count the anecdotal evidence, play it with thinkprogress who counted 9 to your 8: REPORT: Nine People Denied Voting Rights By Voter ID Laws | ThinkProgress

    Happy now?
    Anyone 'denied their legal rights' should have legal recourse and Im right on board with helping them. Now...about that voter fraud...happens...right? Its tiresome to play this game.

  4. #154
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Partisans usually see only one side of the story. The other side is people who are prevented or discouraged form voting because of the law and it's telling when your reply failed to address that. I provided statistics of a bigger picture, if you want to play count the anecdotal evidence, play it with thinkprogress who counted 9 to your 8: REPORT: Nine People Denied Voting Rights By Voter ID Laws | ThinkProgress

    Happy now?
    Oh...and hey...this is just me...I'd LOVE to trust a website titled "thinkprogress"...Im SURE there is no bias there...but since pretty much every one of those folks is receiving social security and other social services, Im betting there is a wee bit more to the story. Again...just a bet. But if their story is legit and oh lord Id be willing to bet thats a BIG if...the state should provide recourse where voter ID laws are in place. There...now we are all on the same page. Everyone that is legal gets to vote and we can continue to focus on all those miserable ****ing scumbags that continue to conduct voter fraud.

  5. #155
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Telling that you think that the anecdotal evidence is to be taken seriously. It's not my maths that's the problem, it's your lack of understanding of statistics.

    BTW, he showed cases of vote buying and absentee ballots, which would not be addressed by the photo ID requirement. Thinkprogress at least document the people who were actually affected by the photo ID requirement. It just highlight the bull**** surrounding the issue. The Republicans is not tackling the absentee ballot issue, since those voters favour them, instead they go after the voters that are known to favour the Democrats. The Democrats play the same game, and both sides work by disenfranchsing the people who they think won't vote for them instead of trying to come up with policy that would pull these voters towards them.
    Its comical that even though there IS documented evidence of democrats committing voter fraud, you suggest the absentee ballot problems favor republicans.

    Voter fraud 'favors' scumbags and cheats. It favors no citizen. It should ALL be addressed and anyone that is caught committing fraud at ANY level should be fried.

  6. #156
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Smoking cigarette, drinking beers or owning a bank account do not form the foundation of a democracy, voting does. The question is: will the law prevent more people from voting then it would prevent fraud. There have been attempts to study the impact though from a partisan point of view:
    http://brennan.3cdn.net/34876f1cabd6..._kwm6id7l7.pdf
    http://brennan.3cdn.net/e20e4210db07..._wcm6ib0hl.pdf

    If those numbers are anywhere close to the truth, the requirement can prevent/discourage many more people from voting legitimately than the total number of fraud (of which the ID requirement can only prevent a small part).
    From the first link you provided....

    States have changed their laws so rapidly that no single analysis has assessed the overall impact. It is too early to exactly quantify how the changes will impact voter turnout, but we know they will be a hindrance to many voters at a time when the United States continues to turn out less than two thirds of its eligible citizens in presidential elections and less than half in midterm elections.
    So, they willingly admit that these laws are so new that they cannot quantify anything. And yet they try to do precisely that. Based on what exactly?

    Sorry but I smell biasness.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #157
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Folks, in the world of debate that is a classic example of argumentum ad ignorantiam, or 'appeal to ignorance' (a.k.a. 'argument from ignorance).

    That really doesn't need explanation, does it?

    Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Actually its an arguement based on life experiance and common sense.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #158
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Point being that since he was afraid of the punishment involved is proof that deterrence works.

    Point being that if deterrence works, why pass additional laws?

    Unless the small-government liberty-loving patriotic right wing simply wants to make government larger by passing more laws. . . .
    Useless argument when reality sets in. Let me know when it sets for ya.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #159
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    From the first link you provided....



    So, they willingly admit that these laws are so new that they cannot quantify anything. And yet they try to do precisely that. Based on what exactly?

    Sorry but I smell biasness.

    So? Unless you claim their analysis to be completely wrong, even if the number was overstated, the real number would still be large. If you wait until the law is in effect, it means people would have already been prevented or discouraged from voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  10. #160
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh...and hey...this is just me...I'd LOVE to trust a website titled "thinkprogress"...Im SURE there is no bias there...but since pretty much every one of those folks is receiving social security and other social services, Im betting there is a wee bit more to the story. Again...just a bet. But if their story is legit and oh lord Id be willing to bet thats a BIG if...the state should provide recourse where voter ID laws are in place. There...now we are all on the same page. Everyone that is legal gets to vote and we can continue to focus on all those miserable ****ing scumbags that continue to conduct voter fraud.
    When you stooped to using random anecdotal evidence (which are not even related to photo ID issues), you stooped to the level of thinkprogress, which is why I thought it would be apt to compare apple with apple. You question others' story when it doesn't fit your perception but never saw fit to do the same with your own.

    Saying "there should be recourse" doesn't magically make everyone unaffected by the law.




    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its comical that even though there IS documented evidence of democrats committing voter fraud, you suggest the absentee ballot problems favor republicans.

    Voter fraud 'favors' scumbags and cheats. It favors no citizen. It should ALL be addressed and anyone that is caught committing fraud at ANY level should be fried.
    It's funny how you associate voter fraud with only the Democrats, funny and sad at the time:
    Investigation into Trashed Voter Registrations
    Man arrested in voter fraud - Los Angeles Times

    I say absentee ballot voters favour the Republican because they do: Early Voting Trends - Civitas Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •