Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 327

Thread: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

  1. #131
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    really? see..I wasnt responding to you...I was responding to a specific request and more than met the challenge.
    The well-known (well-worn) topic is fraud that would be eliminated by the Republican plans for gov't issued photo ID at the polls.

    Of course, since you can't provide evidence of that type of fraud, you have to inundate us with other types of fraud that would not be eliminated by the Republican 'solution'. If you think that is a good argument, or if you now plan to hide your failure behind the transparent veil of semantics, well . . . . you only dig the proverbial hole deeper.

    Let us know if you'll be needing a ladder

  2. #132
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The well-known (well-worn) topic is fraud that would be eliminated by the Republican plans for gov't issued photo ID at the polls.

    Of course, since you can't provide evidence of that type of fraud, you have to inundate us with other types of fraud that would not be eliminated by the Republican 'solution'. If you think that is a good argument, or if you now plan to hide your failure behind the transparent veil of semantics, well . . . . you only dig the proverbial hole deeper.

    Let us know if you'll be needing a ladder
    Precisely what I mean...its a specific TYPE of fraud....like I said...you guys are a crack-up!

    But at least we have agreement...there IS INDEED voter fraud and on a regular basis...not 'just' registration fraud occuring but real live honest to goodness voter fraud...right?

  3. #133
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    HUH? this is non sequitur. How does asking someone to provide ID to exercise their right to vote have anything to do with cameras inside your home or strip searching people?
    Because there is no known problem that any of those three gov't acts will ameliorate.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Precisely what I mean...its a specific TYPE of fraud....like I said...you guys are a crack-up!

    But at least we have agreement...there IS INDEED voter fraud and on a regular basis...not 'just' registration fraud occuring but real live honest to goodness voter fraud...right?
    There is no evidence of any voter fraud that would be eliminated by the Republican ID plan... other than your one Filipina grandmother (who may not have even known she wasn't supposed to vote, making it not even fraud).

    But since we can assume that the Republicans know such a nationwide plan would tend to disenfranchise millions of probably Democratic voters, and since we have at least one university study that confirms such would happen, it is important that we implement the Republican plan even if there is no evidence it would reduce voter fraud, correct?

    Will you be needing a step ladder or an extension ladder?


    P.S.... I'm done for the night, received an old Barry Goldwater DVD that might be interesting. If you're going to be digging after dark, get a lantern
    Last edited by Karl; 04-11-12 at 10:19 PM.

  5. #135
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    There is no evidence of any voter fraud that would be eliminated by the Republican ID plan... other than your one Filipina grandmother (who may not have even known she wasn't supposed to vote, making it not even fraud).

    But since we can assume that the Republicans know such a nationwide plan would tend to disenfranchise millions of probably Democratic voters, and since we have at least one university study that confirms such would happen, it is important that we implement the Republican plan even if there is no evidence it would reduce voter fraud, correct?

    Will you be needing a step ladder or an extension ladder?
    I know...having an ID is...so disfranchising...right? Thats so pathetic.

    Laws requiring IDs MIGHT at least stop SOME of those democrats that insist on illegal filling out ballots at polling stations. Good first step, although...you know...disgusting vermin WILL find a way...

    (and Im off to theater...maybe your eunich 'liker' will step up and attempt to fill your shoes while you are gone. After all...you did for him. But lets be honest...those shoes you filled...we arent really talking about a Herculean tasking)
    Last edited by VanceMack; 04-11-12 at 10:23 PM.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,041

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Um no... the cameras in the home and strip searches are invasive and pointless. As one of our Prime ministers said so eloquently. The state has no buisness in the bedrooms of the nation.
    However when you are voting you are doing something public, ie taking part in the selection process of the people who will run the country. There is absolutely no way you can come close to comparing it to placing cameras in peoples homes or randomly strip searching them. It could be considered similar to requiring a drivers licence when you drive however.

    BTW I would be against creating a seperate photo ID for voting. I think that would be a waste of taxpayer $$$. But I don't see how requiring some form of ID would be onerous. Again see the link posted above on what canada requires.

    I do not think you need proof of massive voter fraud to think this is a good idea. All you need is proof of the possibility, then if measures can be easily enacted to countervent this then why not? Again I would be against issuing a photo Voter ID card as it would make life more difficult and is a compelte waste of $$$. I will repeat I"m not American I don't pretend to know what is proposed but from reading OP and subsequnt posts no mention of this voter photo ID came up untill jsut recently.
    Last edited by Quag; 04-11-12 at 10:37 PM.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There are people unable to get IDs because they lack the paperwork required to get them. Getting that paperwork often requires an ID.

    Disenfranchisement is very cumbersome.

    In my years in law enforcement.... Ive never met a person over the age of 18 who couldn't get an ID.

    I've met plenty of people who are too lazy to get one...... or "haven't gotten around to it"..... or "I don't really need it".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    In my years in law enforcement.... Ive never met a person over the age of 18 who couldn't get an ID.

    I've met plenty of people who are too lazy to get one...... or "haven't gotten around to it"..... or "I don't really need it".
    Except that with voting, the ID must match the person registered to vote. Not that it can't be faked, but its a step or two beyond what you allude to. Walk into a 7-11 to buy some beer with a fake ID, and your ID isn't compared to any list.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Except that with voting, the ID must match the person registered to vote. Not that it can't be faked, but its a step or two beyond what you allude to. Walk into a 7-11 to buy some beer with a fake ID, and your ID isn't compared to any list.
    I wasn't talking about comparing the ID against anything.

    I was just talking about those who claim that they can't get an ID period.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #140
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: O'Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder's Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Say...some may view this differently...but me...I try to stay positive, look for the positives and see the bright side of life. So...can we take from this that we now do fully accept that there IS INDEED voter fraud (seeing as how I posted 8 separate incidents including over 50 people from a single brief Google search), though we may ultimately disagree on how much actually occurs? Sheesh...it would so nice to be able to finally resolve THAT.
    Partisans usually see only one side of the story. The other side is people who are prevented or discouraged form voting because of the law and it's telling when your reply failed to address that. I provided statistics of a bigger picture, if you want to play count the anecdotal evidence, play it with thinkprogress who counted 9 to your 8: REPORT: Nine People Denied Voting Rights By Voter ID Laws | ThinkProgress

    Happy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •