Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    President Obama
    is "confident"
    the Supreme Court will rule that his health care law is constitutional, but
    heated questioning by conservative justices
    at last week's hearings leaves uncertain the fate of not only the individual mandate but also the entire law.
    If the mandate is struck down, insurance premiums might shoot up and millions of Americans would be left uninsured. But for some, the Affordable Care Act without the mandate looks a lot better than no law at all.

    Many health insurance plans are now subject to new rules that require them to cover recommended preventive services without charging a co-payment. As a result, consumers pay nothing for services like routine screenings, vaccines, counseling, flu shots and well-baby and well-child visits from birth to age 21.

    Under the new law, insurance companies cannot deny coverage or limit benefits to children under age 19 because of a pre-existing condition or disability. Starting in 2014, people of all ages with pre-existing conditions will be protected.



    Read more @: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    If this whole bill is stripped away its going to have devastating consequences. We will see all these great things this bill will and is doing for this countries, ****ty health care system. We need this bill to stay around.

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?



  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

    Read more @: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    If this whole bill is stripped away its going to have devastating consequences. We will see all these great things this bill will and is doing for this countries, ****ty health care system. We need this bill to stay around.

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?

    [/LEFT]
    The consequences of leaving the mandate in place could be worse.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #3
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

    Read more @: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    If this whole bill is stripped away its going to have devastating consequences. We will see all these great things this bill will and is doing for this countries, ****ty health care system. We need this bill to stay around.

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?

    [/LEFT]
    If the insurance mandate is struck down, insurance premiums will most certainly skyrocket -- as the other key issue, not subject to scrutiny, is that pre-existing conditions will be covered. You can't have one without the other.

    If anyone who pleases can wait until they are seriously ill to buy insurance, that right there is a recipe for disaster. You won't want to open your bill for your monthly premium.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If the insurance mandate is struck down, insurance premiums will most certainly skyrocket -- as the other key issue, not subject to scrutiny, is that pre-existing conditions will be covered. You can't have one without the other.

    If anyone who pleases can wait until they are seriously ill to buy insurance, that right there is a recipe for disaster. You won't want to open your bill for your monthly premium.
    Which is why the pre-existing clause should be shot down also because without the mandate it will shoot prices through the roof. Good thing SCOTUS is thinking about striking that part down too.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #5
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,570

    Re: Affordable Care Act Repeal Would Have Immediate Consequences

    Scaremongering.

    Also entirely irrelevant to constitutionality.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •