Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 163

Thread: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

  1. #121
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,116

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I've read the back and forth and every time you respond to him to take the point he makes and push it all the way to the most extreme ends you can come up with. You then post vague ambiguous statements posed as "facts" and act incredulous when you're called out for it.
    I think we've had a rather good debate. I don't know what you are talking about. When he starts going into assumptions about my position that I never made, that's when I call straw man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #122
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,116

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Oh great. I guess it's a stalemate then of throwing bias sources back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #123
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Sure mankind has, however, money is a more efficient medium of exchange, than bartering goods or trying to grow everything yourself.
    Efficiency can have people lead richer lives.
    Even Marx pointed out that capitalism's achievement was in creating more than mere survival.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #124
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Prove it is more efficient.
    Working for money, rather than growing and building everything you need, is more efficient.
    Instead of spending lots of time, specializing in every thing, creating materials of varying quality, it's more efficient to make one type of thing with superior quality and sell it for money.

    In turn, you can buy other superior quality materials, with your cash.
    There's a reason money has replaced bartering, it's simply more efficient, the world over.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #125
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,116

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The reason I like to purchase locally is because my money goes to people who are in my area, who's kids go to schools where my taxes are collected, and hopefully (if they're successful) get to improve their lives like my parents and I improved mine. When I can, I buy local - pizza from my local guy, bakery from my local bakery, plumbing supplies from a local plumbing supply place instead of Home Depot or Lowes. I go to privately owned (but franchised) pharmacy. Sometimes I can't and I go to the big box stores. I used to go to a small bookshop until they closed and now go to B&N... I go to a local farmers market where I get fruit & veggies fresher, local (in season) and cheaper than in the box stores / supermarkets. These people are trying to make a go of it... I'd hope they'd do the same for me and lots of times it's more convenient, I have a better experience and it's closer. So why not?
    Exactly. Somehow Guerilla is saying you aren't helping your local community at all by doing this and your community would magically do as well if not better if you just went to walmart for all of that. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #126
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Exactly. Somehow Guerilla is saying you aren't helping your local community at all by doing this and your community would magically do as well if not better if you just went to walmart for all of that. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Perhaps that's true... but it's easier for me as a consumer most times and I don't get to ask Abbey how the kids are doing in softball camp when I'm at the box store buying plastic bagged peppers.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #127
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,116

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Working for money, rather than growing and building everything you need, is more efficient.
    Instead of spending lots of time, specializing in every thing, creating materials of varying quality, it's more efficient to make one type of thing with superior quality and sell it for money.

    In turn, you can buy other superior quality materials, with your cash.
    There's a reason money has replaced bartering, it's simply more efficient, the world over.
    Working for a currency is more efficient IF you are in a society that works to grow trade and improve trade. That says nothing about how it is a better society than all others.

    It's simply not our place to tell the rest of the world to act more like us. If they want to be more like us, fine. That's their job to get to that point. Not ours to foist on them our standards.

    Just because money makes our world go round doesn't mean money makes everyone's world go round nor does everyone want it to make their world go round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #128
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Raise a chicken. Eat it.

    Don't make me break out that beloved libertarian quote of teach a man to fish thing.



    Just because you live in a monied economy doesn't mean it's the only way or the best way to live.

    How come your schpeil isn't converting the Amish into day traders?
    How is somebody suppose to acquire the chicken they're going to raise?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #129
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Dems seem to prefer crack to Coke so its no big deal

  10. #130
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,116

    Re: Democrats boycott Coke, Walmart over voter ID laws

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Perhaps that's true... but it's easier for me as a consumer most times and I don't get to ask Abbey how the kids are doing in softball camp when I'm at the box store buying plastic bagged peppers.
    It all kind of boils down to the benefits of decentralized power where money = power. Decentralized money means decentralized spending. The inverse is centralized wealth and spending hence centralized power.

    Diversified spending (which spending locally is a part of) keeps us all from the living off the effects of trickle down economies from more centralized centers of power. It keeps your local economies empowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •