View Poll Results: Who bombed the Wisonsin Planned Parenthood?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • A conservative, who is against PP

    11 20.37%
  • A liberal, who wants PP back in the news

    1 1.85%
  • I haven't a clue

    7 12.96%
  • I don't care. I just want this criminal arrested

    35 64.81%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 199

Thread: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

  1. #121
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,670

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Whatever you say. The number of incidents out there in comparison to the violence in the U.S. IS SMALL. Sorry.
    Obviously you do not understand the nuance required to make sense of statistics. Sorry.

    If global volcanic eruptions were 100 out of two million volcanoes, then the eruption rate would be low. But, if the 100 eruptions all occurred on a single small island in the Pacific which had only one volcano, then their eruption rate would be extremely high.

  2. #122
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I claimed thousands terrorist attacks, pointing to hundreds of bombings and acts of arson. Learn to read.
    So we are including vandalism and trespassing in the catagory of "terrorist attack"?


    LOL

  3. #123
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,670

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    How about this: you come up with the odds of a person working in one of these clinics/patients of these clinics being killed in a year by attack. (# workers in a year injured by attack / total # of workers). Then do the math to get 100,000 in the denominator and we can compare it to the average occupational death rate for 2012. If it is much greater than 3.2 per 100,000, then we'll talk. As far as I can tell, the odds of a worker being killed while working at an abortion clinic in a year is near 0. (these stats come from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports on fatal occupational injury, you can look them up if you want to verify).

    In terms of likelihood of being injured, nurses and nursing assistants are some of the most likely to have occupational injuries, though that is mainly from muscular and skeletal strain from moving elderly/overweight patients (e.g., helping them get to the bathroom). Additionally, health services employees (including nurses, doctors, etc.) are more likely to be a victim of workplace violence (which can include terrorism) because of the people they treat and the situations involved. Note: these include all hospital and health care facilities (https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OS.../osha3148.html).

    What evidence do you have to show that workers in abortion clinics have a greater odds of violence in their workplace than average health care workers? You've mentioned several times that the "violence is extremely high" yet I have seen no evidence that a worker in an abortion clinic faces a greater risk of injury and death than other health care employees. It seems that abortion clinic workers may have a lower than average risk of violence-related injury and death while on the job than other health workers. Granted, I really am only considering injury and death of people without much regard to property damage. That is because I consider property damage to be an order of magnitude less significant than harm to personnel. It seems an appropriate distinction to me as I'd rather work in a place where there is higher risk of the building is damaged and I am not, than a place where the inverse is true.
    It shows here that 25% of all clinics have experienced severe violence. I think that's significantly higher than most other fields.
    National Clinic Access Project - Clinic Surveys - Feminist Majority Foundation

  4. #124
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,670

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    So we are including vandalism and trespassing in the catagory of "terrorist attack"?


    LOL
    Since the vandal and trespasser aims to intimidate providers and patients, then yes. It is Terrorism.

    Why don't you just go through life telling anyone who asks that abortion providers face no risks and that the amount of violence against them is not that high. I'm sick of dealing with you loons.

  5. #125
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Again, if you do the math and look closely at how few clinics there are and compare it the the high number of attacks on them, you'd see that they are not infrequent.
    Why would that inform the argument when you cited the inevitable behavior of people that adopt an anti-abortion position? What that argument indicates a very large majority of the millions of people that adopt such a position should be out committing these acts of violence. But YOUR figures indicate the exact opposite

    PS If you want to present other figures that help inform your argument, then please do. I will be more than happy to look over them, but i am unsure why you think I'm obligated to do such

  6. #126
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Obviously you do not understand the nuance required to make sense of statistics. Sorry.
    Then why not actually explain what we are missing, as opposed to repeating the same claims that are seemingly debunked?

    If global volcanic eruptions were 100 out of two million volcanoes, then the eruption rate would be low. But, if the 100 eruptions all occurred on a single small island in the Pacific which had only one volcano, then their eruption rate would be extremely high.
    your claim included possibly tens of millions of people in two major countries (Gallup measures a fifth of the US population being against abortion in all circumstances). That isn't a small island

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    theres nothing sticky about it, bombing this clinic is a terrorist act and its not justified by any amount of sane logic.
    Niether is killing the unborn.

  8. #128
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Since the vandal and trespasser aims to intimidate providers and patients, then yes. It is Terrorism.
    I'm sorry, you're not going to convince me graffiti should be categorized as 'terrorism.

    Why don't you just go through life telling anyone who asks that abortion providers face no risks and that the amount of violence against them is not that high. I'm sick of dealing with you loons.
    You're attacking straw men again: No one claimed abortion providers "did not face risk". What was challenged was your claim of inevitable violence

  9. #129
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    So we are including vandalism and trespassing in the catagory of "terrorist attack"?


    LOL
    Yes.

    Both vandalism and trespassing disrupt the activities of the clinic, which is the goal of those terrorists - using violence to interfere with their normal operations
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #130
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: A Planned Parenthood Clinic In Wisconsin Was BOMBED Last Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Why would that inform the argument when you cited the inevitable behavior of people that adopt an anti-abortion position? What that argument indicates a very large majority of the millions of people that adopt such a position should be out committing these acts of violence. But YOUR figures indicate the exact opposite
    Not truw

    What that argument indicates is that someone will commit an act of violence
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •