Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 95

Thread: Current TV Dismisses Keith Olbermann

  1. #61
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    Remember a few years ago when NBC put him on Sunday Night Football. That lasted for a few weeks until he began trashing Sarah Palin during a football game. The guy has worn out his welcome wherever he goes. A deeply troubled soul. Probably why so many lefties like him.
    I think you are wrong. if a lot of lefties liked him he would still have a job

    The sun always shines on a fool
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Current TV Dismisses Keith Olbermann

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    I think you are wrong. if a lot of lefties liked him he would still have a job

    The sun always shines on a fool
    Okay. Then the left USED to like him.

  3. #63
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Current TV Dismisses Keith Olbermann

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    Fox hires journalists, not washed up sports boobs who think their alter ego is Edward R. Murrow. Olbermann is mentally ill.
    Now that's funny.

    I remember when Steve Doocy was a local reporter in DC. He was always the guy they'd send out to cover the circus coming to town or the birth of a new monkey at the zoon. Next thing I know I see the guy on Fox and I'm supposed to take his political opinion seriously?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #64
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Keith Olbermann Fired Again!

    msnNOW: See what's trending and why

    Another Liberal media outlet lets Olbermann go. Tsk, tsk

    Current TV fires Olbermann, hires Eliot Spitzer instead

    "Holding down a job these days seems to be a job in itself if you're Keith Olbermann. The lead anchor of Current TV was fired on Friday, just a year after being hired, following his getting canned from MSNBC. He will be replaced by Eliot Spitzer, who got the boot from CNN last July. The reasons for Olbermann's firing aren't completely clear, but Current TV released a letter to viewers saying, "... Current was also founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it." Oh, snap! Olbermann responded via Twitter, saying he'd be taking legal action against Current for their "untrue" statements.
    "

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    msnNOW: See what's trending and why

    Another Liberal media outlet lets Olbermann go. Tsk, tsk

    Current TV fires Olbermann, hires Eliot Spitzer instead

    "Holding down a job these days seems to be a job in itself if you're Keith Olbermann. The lead anchor of Current TV was fired on Friday, just a year after being hired, following his getting canned from MSNBC. He will be replaced by Eliot Spitzer, who got the boot from CNN last July. The reasons for Olbermann's firing aren't completely clear, but Current TV released a letter to viewers saying, "... Current was also founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it." Oh, snap! Olbermann responded via Twitter, saying he'd be taking legal action against Current for their "untrue" statements.
    "
    Oh my...I guess this is what happens when you're a bitter, hate filled, sarcastic, paranoid, trollish, liberal bag of meat with lips.....couldn't happen to a nicer guy....

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Keith Olbermann Fired Again!

    I have long stated that news outlets are all skewed and spin facts and cherry pick their content (read: propaganda) to please their viewers. It is the most evident of FOXNews and MSNBC but they all do it to a degree.

    Current TV is the first I have seen to admit it though.

    Current has a fundamental obligation to deliver news programming with a progressive perspective that our viewers can count on being available daily -- especially now, during the presidential election campaign. Current exists because our audience desires the kind of perspective, insight and commentary that is not easily found elsewhere in this time of big media consolidation.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #67
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Keith Olbermann Fired Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I have long stated that news outlets are all skewed and spin facts and cherry pick their content (read: propaganda) to please their viewers. It is the most evident of FOXNews and MSNBC but they all do it to a degree.

    Current TV is the first I have seen to admit it though.

    Current has a fundamental obligation to deliver news programming with a progressive perspective that our viewers can count on being available daily -- especially now, during the presidential election campaign. Current exists because our audience desires the kind of perspective, insight and commentary that is not easily found elsewhere in this time of big media consolidation.
    Ya know I've heard this over and over about Fox. For years the other news stations had a corral around the news. They turned journalists into personalites and then they started slipping in little bias. Then they became blatant, IMO, with their bias. Fox, to me, is a breath of fresh air. Because there is another side to the news. I don't watch TV news at night anymore. I now watch local news in the morning and evening. Of course, if it's NBC, CBS, or ABC, they will put on the "personalities" to say what is coming up and I either mute or try to ignore them.

  8. #68
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Keith Olbermann Fired Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Ya know I've heard this over and over about Fox. For years the other news stations had a corral around the news. They turned journalists into personalites and then they started slipping in little bias. Then they became blatant, IMO, with their bias. Fox, to me, is a breath of fresh air. Because there is another side to the news. I don't watch TV news at night anymore. I now watch local news in the morning and evening. Of course, if it's NBC, CBS, or ABC, they will put on the "personalities" to say what is coming up and I either mute or try to ignore them.
    I totally understand. I know liberals that feel the same about MSNBC. People watch the most whatever tells them what they want to hear. It gives them validation.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #69
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Keith Olbermann Fired Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Ya know I've heard this over and over about Fox. For years the other news stations had a corral around the news. They turned journalists into personalites and then they started slipping in little bias. Then they became blatant, IMO, with their bias. Fox, to me, is a breath of fresh air. Because there is another side to the news. I don't watch TV news at night anymore. I now watch local news in the morning and evening. Of course, if it's NBC, CBS, or ABC, they will put on the "personalities" to say what is coming up and I either mute or try to ignore them.
    Bias does happen. But I don't know how one can say that its a "breath of fresh air" to have facts which are only one sided, spun and presented as another side of news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #70
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Keith Olbermann Fired Again!

    As far as Olbermann... too much ego it seems to stand being around anyone else for any length of time.
    Last edited by poweRob; 03-31-12 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •