Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: House Dems host Trayvon Martin's parents on Hill, claim racial profiling led to shoot

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin controversy is spinning out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Every congressional member that's involved with that visit should be expelled from Congress permanently and lose their benefit, for interferring with the execution of a police investigation. This guy couldn't get a fair jury trial (if it came to that) if he wanted to now. And I mean expelled and frog-marched out of the Capital.
    Hey, whadaya know, we pretty much agree.

    All the grandstanding needs to stop and allow the investigation to run its course.

    Once an "outside" investigation was started my own "need for justice" was satisfied.

    Now I'm just curious and like to bounce ideas around with other people.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #32
    User msgtjapyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Reidsville, GA
    Last Seen
    04-25-16 @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18

    Re: House Dems host Trayvon Martin's parents on Hill, claim racial profiling led to s

    Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

    According to the Orlando Sentenial Al Sharpton is calling for the escalation of civil disobedience if Zimmerman is not arrested. This is what I'm talking about. Civil rights activists stirring up public anger. Al Sharpton is fueling the fire, trying to steer the course of an investigation by trying to get government to do what he thinks is right. Arrest George Zimmerman or else. If riots ensue as a result of his actions he needs to be held criminally liable for any damages or injury.
    Death Before Dishonor

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: House Dems host Trayvon Martin's parents on Hill, claim racial profiling led to s

    Quote Originally Posted by msgtjapyle View Post
    Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

    According to the Orlando Sentenial Al Sharpton is calling for the escalation of civil disobedience if Zimmerman is not arrested. This is what I'm talking about. Civil rights activists stirring up public anger. Al Sharpton is fueling the fire, trying to steer the course of an investigation by trying to get government to do what he thinks is right. Arrest George Zimmerman or else. If riots ensue as a result of his actions he needs to be held criminally liable for any damages or injury.
    The article says that they are calling for PEACEFUL civil disobedience. And they've already condemned violence. If people riot, they do it IN SPITE of not BECAUSE of Sharpton and co.. Consequently, it makes ZERO sense that he would be held criminally liable for damages that come from RIOTS. You don't arrest people calling for peace for the actions of those who choose war.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: House Dems host Trayvon Martin's parents on Hill, claim racial profiling led to s

    Quote Originally Posted by msgtjapyle View Post
    [...] We need to let local law enforcement do their jobs and complete the investigation. [...]
    They did their jobs, and they completed their investigation, back on Mar. 12th (IIRC). The case was closed, no charges were filed, and Zimmerman walked.

    Until it somehow hit the media . . . . .

  5. #35
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: House Dems host Trayvon Martin's parents on Hill, claim racial profiling led to s

    Quote Originally Posted by msgtjapyle View Post
    Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

    According to the Orlando Sentenial Al Sharpton is calling for the escalation of civil disobedience if Zimmerman is not arrested. This is what I'm talking about. Civil rights activists stirring up public anger. Al Sharpton is fueling the fire, trying to steer the course of an investigation by trying to get government to do what he thinks is right. Arrest George Zimmerman or else. If riots ensue as a result of his actions he needs to be held criminally liable for any damages or injury.
    Anger and riots aside, I agree that Sharpton is in the wrong by demanding an arrest 'or else'. Protesting is one thing; coercion is quite another.

  6. #36
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: House Dems host Trayvon Martin's parents on Hill, claim racial profiling led to s

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Anger and riots aside, I agree that Sharpton is in the wrong by demanding an arrest 'or else'. Protesting is one thing; coercion is quite another.
    How does he keep his job at MSNBC with this type of behavior? It's truly amazing....
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #37
    User msgtjapyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Reidsville, GA
    Last Seen
    04-25-16 @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18

    Re: House Dems host Trayvon Martin's parents on Hill, claim racial profiling led to s

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The article says that they are calling for PEACEFUL civil disobedience. And they've already condemned violence. If people riot, they do it IN SPITE of not BECAUSE of Sharpton and co.. Consequently, it makes ZERO sense that he would be held criminally liable for damages that come from RIOTS. You don't arrest people calling for peace for the actions of those who choose war.
    Peaceful civil disobedience is still unlawful. If he is calling for unlawful acts on a mass scale he needs to be held accountable. Peaceful demonstrations is completely different from civil disobedience. When your words or speach invokes anger you are inciting violence. That is exactly what he is doing, Dr. Martin Luther King would be ashamed.
    Civil Disobendence will escalate-Jim Pyle's Blog
    Death Before Dishonor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •