Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 105

Thread: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Even though they started finding salmonela and e. coli......
    yes, in one manufacturer's beef products.

    which means that plant's bacteria removal process was faulty. but that's just one supplier.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Hey guys chill out.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #53
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    um.......talk about hypocrisy.

    got an actual opinion regarding the OP?
    lol I noticed you're not denying it...good. But accusing someone else of doing something that is the centerpiece of your reputation on this site is the real bull****.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    lol I noticed you're not denying it...good. But accusing someone else of doing something that is the centerpiece of your reputation on this site is the real bull****.
    what has my supposed reputation got to do with this thread?

    are u going to respond to the thread, or just try to bait me?

  5. #55
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,499

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Amonia is a waste product produced by our bodies, it is a cleaning product
    So is water (though that dihydrogen-oxide is dangerous stuff - it kills thousands of people every year).

    Again, while you claim your only interest is accurate labelling, you continue to try to discredit the product but your attack seems to remain based exclusively on the ick factor and scientific ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    it is not food
    What definition of food are you basing this statement on?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    furthermore, I think we all could eat better, stuffing our fat faces with tv dinners and BBQ pringles, does no one any good.
    Too true, but that is a completely separate debate, unless you're finally going to present the first piece of evidence regarding the nutritional quality of "pink slime".

  6. #56
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    So is water (though that dihydrogen-oxide is dangerous stuff - it kills thousands of people every year).

    Again, while you claim your only interest is accurate labelling, you continue to try to discredit the product but your attack seems to remain based exclusively on the ick factor and scientific ignorance.

    it's ****, but if you want to eat dog food, have at it man. Just make sure it gets labled so I don't have to eat it.


    You should see me bag on fast food joints, this is light!






    What definition of food are you basing this statement on?
    i dont consider what most people eat these days as "food". Then again, i stay out of the middle of a grocery store, don't eat things out of boxes or anything that has an infredient listedy grandmother wouldn't understand.

    Bu hey, if you are happy with esting that crap, more power too you, again just don't try to sneak it into my food.




    Too true, but that is a completely separate debate, unless you're finally going to present the first piece of evidence regarding the nutritional quality of "pink slime".
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...deconstructed/



    Note the gentleman is a supporter of the crap, however even he admits that it is not only less nutritious than ground beef, but also jello:

    " And to the schools and parents, well-documented and tested LFTB doesn’t seem to be much more harmful, albeit less nutritious, than the Jell-O we already serve at dessert."


    Note in gello by law they have to list "gelatin".


    Again, if you want to eat this dog food, god bless you, but putting this highy process crap as filler into ground beef and not listing it is tatamount to fraud.


    On another note, if you read the article it talks of another product that uses citric acid, the reason its not as popular is that citric acid is considered a food product and would have to be listed.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-29-12 at 07:42 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    considering it is on the GRAS list and raises pH, it probably inhibits microbial growth. considering this, it probably made the final product more safe.

    once again, none of this would be necessary if we just irradiated the meat. that is the best safety solution.

  8. #58
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,499

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    it's ****, but if you want to eat dog food, have at it man.
    This has nothing to do with what I choose to eat, it's about you're continued wilfully dishonest arguments - calling it dog meat being yet another example.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    i dont consider what most people eat these days as "food".
    In which case you're simply factually wrong. You can make a rational argument or you can have an irrational rant. You appear to be choosing the latter.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    again just don't try to sneak it into my food.
    I'm not. Stop lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Note the gentleman is a supporter of the crap, however even he admits that it is not only less nutritious than ground beef, but also jello:
    I'd actually challenge the comparisons with Jell-O but it's good to have some actual rational information in-between the rants. Do you think "less nutritious" justifies such hatred.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Again, if you want to eat this dog food, god bless you, but putting this highy process crap as filler into ground beef and not listing it is tatamount to fraud.
    No more than calling it "dog food" and "crap". And I'm still not objecting to the call for better labelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    On another note, if you read the article it talks of another product that uses citric acid, the reason its not as popular is that citric acid is considered a food product and would have to be listed.
    I don't think so. As per your own link, the reason the ammonia doesn't need to be listed is because it is considered processing rather than an ingredient. If similar processing was carried out using any other kind of substance, I don't see why that would need to be listed either.

    Incidentally, citric acid can also be in human waste and is used as a cleaning product. So many scary chemicals to panic about eh?

  9. #59
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    This has nothing to do with what I choose to eat, it's about you're continued wilfully dishonest arguments - calling it dog meat being yet another example.
    How about you do some research on the origins of pink slime, it was first used as a way to treat dog food. but you ramble on all hysterical like trying to justify your lust to eat dog food.


    In which case you're simply factually wrong. You can make a rational argument or you can have an irrational rant. You appear to be choosing the latter.

    I love it when a poster starts losing composure..... To me real food is that which I pick, grow, kill. not real food is fake stuff added to what I can grow, pick or kill, so they can extend the shelf life or cut it to get more profit. Again, you are free to eat that stuff, I simply refuse to call it food....

    I find it sad in todays world, that someone would call me "irrational" for only eating real food.... Sad I says!



    I'm not. Stop lying.
    I guess you don't know the difference between adressing aposter and the use of a "general" "you"... you were not the you I was talking about, but the general you of the peoples who are the you's who use pink slime and fight to not have that fact listed.


    But when enraged with emotion, I can see how you got that confused.



    I'd actually challenge the comparisons with Jell-O but it's good to have some actual rational information in-between the rants. Do you think "less nutritious" justifies such hatred.
    No, it justifies my hatred as a proccessed product being added to "ground beef" and being sold to me as "ground beef" making no mention of filler. It's cute how up in arms you are over pink slime, what is your job on the line?




    No more than calling it "dog food" and "crap". And I'm still not objecting to the call for better labelling.

    You should see what I call all fast food.... I believe I've use terms like "poison" etc.... it is crap, and it's origin is in the pet food industry.


    I don't think so. As per your own link, the reason the ammonia doesn't need to be listed is because it is considered processing rather than an ingredient. If similar processing was carried out using any other kind of substance, I don't see why that would need to be listed either.
    If you calm down, maybe later I will link you to some products that use the citric acid based beef, and yes it's labled, hint: you can "snap into" one....


    Incidentally, citric acid can also be in human waste and is used as a cleaning product. So many scary chemicals to panic about eh?

    yes, And I can use a lemon to get the smell of crab off my hands down in maryland.... your hysterical nit picking aside, if I handed you a shot of citric acid, and a shot of amonia, put my .45 kimber to your head and said "ditti mao!" or "drink one"..... which would you choose?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #60
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,499

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    How about you do some research on the origins of pink slime, it was first used as a way to treat dog food. but you ramble on all hysterical like trying to justify your lust to eat dog food.
    I've read the background. The fact is that the products you're now objecting to is not being sold as dog food - it's perfectly legitimate for human consumption. You calling it dog food is a deliberate lie to make is sound less appetising and less safe that it actually is. I'm not ignorant or emotional enough to fall for that rubbish so, in conversation with me at least, you might as well stop wasting your time.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I love it when a poster starts losing composure.....
    When you find one, you can talk to them then. For now you're stuck with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I find it sad in todays world, that someone would call me "irrational" for only eating real food.... Sad I says!
    I didn't call you irrational. I said that you've failed to make a rational argument for your distinction of what is "real" food.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I guess you don't know the difference between adressing aposter and the use of a "general" "you"...
    You're in discussion with me though and I've repeatedly stated that I'm in favour of better labelling. This isn't a relevant aspect to our discussion (maybe you're too "enraged with emotion" to keep track ).

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    No, it justifies my hatred as a proccessed product being added to "ground beef" and being sold to me as "ground beef" making no mention of filler.
    That clearly isn't all you hate. You appear to hate the existence of the product at all. I can understand not wanting to eat it on the ick factor alone and I can understand wanting to be able to choose fresh, unprocessed food (at least as an option) but I can't see the rational in condemning it as "dog food", "crap" and "not food" without any form of structured technical backing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    if I handed you a shot of citric acid, and a shot of amonia, put my .45 kimber to your head and said "ditti mao!" or "drink one"..... which would you choose?
    Depending on the concentration and form, probably the acid but that's completely irrelevant to the processes we're talking about.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •