Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 105

Thread: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

  1. #11
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    I couldn't agree with you any more, Rev. If people want to eat this slime, let 'em. But they do have the right to know they are indeed making that choice.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  2. #12
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    This is wonderful news. I actually think they should be allowed to use this crap, IF they list it as an ingredient. They fought against this and the FDA in cahoots allows companies NOT to list this as an ingredient.

    It's disgusting, but if you want to eat dog food scraps, you should be allowed to, however you should know about it.

    how about "NONE" asshole. Maybe when we buy ground beef, it contains, only.... wait for it..... GROUND BEEF. All additives should be law be required to be listed, including the excluded pink slime.

    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    When I buy ground beef, I'd sure like to believe it's ground beef. 100% ground beef. No additives. If it isn't 100% ground beef, if it has chemicals in it to retard spoilage? I think it should be required to say that big and bold on the outside front packaging. Anything less than that....hidden in 3-point type in an ingredients list...I think is wrong.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Why do you just make things up?
    I made nothing up. Its 100% true. Rand Paul personally tried to prevent a new regulation from being passed in the Senate, even though he actually had no problem with the regulation, because he is against ANY new regulations in principle.

    http://articles.businessinsider.com/...as-association


    But Sen. Paul has no objections to the regulations or how the bill would be paid for: just that it constitutes an expansion of federal authority.Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/...#ixzz1qQECZ3uw
    Last edited by Thunder; 03-28-12 at 11:32 AM.

  4. #14
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    When I buy ground beef, I'd sure like to believe it's ground beef. 100% ground beef. No additives. If it isn't 100% ground beef, if it has chemicals in it to retard spoilage? I think it should be required to say that big and bold on the outside front packaging. Anything less than that....hidden in 3-point type in an ingredients list...I think is wrong.

    Pink slime, they convinced the FDA to let companies not list it at all. I've been grinding my own beef for years.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #15
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    This is why I wish our government would actually take a serious stance on the diets it endorses or at the very least not pretend it's serious. This goes for so many issues. You can't promote healthy eating and then put this **** in food. I mean why spend millions of dollars on promoting healthy diets if you're just going to do this? Why tell people not to do drugs if you're going to allow Pfizer to sell **** that makes your dick fall off? Why create the EPA and then sell entire forests to the highest bidder? It's ridiculous. I can't possibly be the only person to see the dyslexic nature of some of these policies.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #16
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I made nothing up. Its 100% true. Rand Paul personally prevented a new regulation from being passed in the Senate, even though he actually had no problem with the regulation, because he is against ANY new regulations in principle.

    So as usual, you bring nothing to the discussion. Dismissed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So as usual, you bring nothing to the discussion. Dismissed.
    I edited my post to include a quote and a link to an article proving my claim.

    http://articles.businessinsider.com/...as-association

  8. #18
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I edited my post to include a quote and a link to an article proving my claim.

    Is Rand Paul Crazy For Blocking This Pipeline Safety Law? - Business Insider


    this has nothing to do with this thread. run along.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    this has nothing to do with this thread. run along.
    its a direct response to your post.

    don't disregard things just because they defeat your argument.

  10. #20
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: ‘Pink Slime’ Maker Cuts Back Production. Is That a Good Thing?

    I credit Jaime Oliver for exposing this to the masses, Watch this demonstration for exactly what you are eating, and how they get away without listing "ammonia" as an ingredient.


    What he didn't know, is that the impetus behind "pink slime" was the federal school lunch program, that under Bush allowed this to be served unkown to us, to our schoolkids. this policy continues under Obama.


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •