Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 332

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

  1. #321
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    As to the OP,

    I can see Rivera's point. Our local school board banned the students from wearing dark colored hoodies and black trench coats to school because they believed that those were "gang related articles of clothing". It is obvious that they do have a stigma attached to them.

    Now I'm not saying that I fully agree with Rivera...I'm just saying that I see his point.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #322
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Prove that O'donnell is a liar.
    All you have to do is Google "Lawrence O'Donnell lies."

  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    How many blacks are killed by blacks versus killed by all other races combined???!!! Anyone care to look those numbers up?
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  4. #324
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    How many blacks are killed by blacks versus killed by all other races combined???!!! Anyone care to look those numbers up?
    If anyone looks them up, couldja' send 'em to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? They seem to have had a reality break. If there's anything these clowns should be rallying against, it is that.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #325
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    As to the OP,

    I can see Rivera's point. Our local school board banned the students from wearing dark colored hoodies and black trench coats to school because they believed that those were "gang related articles of clothing". It is obvious that they do have a stigma attached to them.

    Now I'm not saying that I fully agree with Rivera...I'm just saying that I see his point.
    I dont, I think anybody that has that stigma is the problem not the hoodie, thats a somplete joke to me.

    Weird, my local school offers hoodies for spirt wear for just about every activity, athletics and academics.

    I work with youth programs and sports all the time. Been a coach for many years, manly coach girls now but my players boys and girls always loved the hoodies.

    Cant remember ever seeing any of my students in hoodies and thinking something negative.

    Glad my school board isnt shallow and narrow minded like that, since our school colors are dark navy blue all our spirt wear would have to be banned.

    Long black trench coats? I guess MAYBE depending on where your school is at as per the weather not to mention coats arent to be worn DURING school, only before and after and no one should be judged on wearing one, but hoodies NO, there is not point IMO. His comment was beyond stupid, I know you said you dont agree with him so Im not knocking you but even questioning a person for solely wearing a hoodie is beyond dumb and the person doing the questioning is the one with the problem, not the person wearing the hoodie.

    as a coach I wear hoodies often especially in spring, fall, rain and windy weather LMAO. Oh yeah and every time my team travels together and its not hot so we all match.

    Anybody juding the hoodie is the one with the problem and there is ZERO blame on the person wearing a hoodie, ZERO.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #326
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Just a couple of notes here. 911 dispatchers are not always performed by law enforcement officers. I know this because while my family lived in Washington my wife dated and married a 911 dispatcher.

    Second as is clear in the 911 call that has been released the dispatcher did not tell Zimmerman to not follow Trayvon. The dispatcher just said that "you don't have to do that sir". The way it was phrased it was a suggestion...not an order, so even if the dispatcher in this case is a law enforcement officer Zimmerman did not have to take the suggestion.
    Just a couple of notes here.
    If I am walking and some ugly looking dude is following me and I walk faster and he walks faster if he starts calling me names .
    What am I to think? Am I to start taking off any clothing that might be offensive or suspicious?
    What if I think this guys a mugger?
    Now just suppose Martin had a gun was walking and had an altercation with Zimmerman and Zimmerman wound up dead and Martin said I thought he was a mugger?

    Second what is the duties of the 911 response dispatcher , to make suggestions on their own or to notify the police of any altercation and describe the situation ?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #327
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,760

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    All you have to do is Google "Lawrence O'Donnell lies."
    If you think that you can prove it; then prove it.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #328
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If you think that you can prove it; then prove it.
    He looks like a serial killer.

  9. #329
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Just a couple of notes here.
    If I am walking and some ugly looking dude is following me and I walk faster and he walks faster if he starts calling me names .
    What am I to think? Am I to start taking off any clothing that might be offensive or suspicious?
    What if I think this guys a mugger?
    Now just suppose Martin had a gun was walking and had an altercation with Zimmerman and Zimmerman wound up dead and Martin said I thought he was a mugger?

    Second what is the duties of the 911 response dispatcher , to make suggestions on their own or to notify the police of any altercation and describe the situation ?
    You can "suppose" anything you want to. Suppose Martin came running at Zimmerman shouting "I'm going to kill you! Kill you!" Support Martin has 3 years of martial arts training. Suppose Zimmerman had a mini-stoke or seizure as Martin charges screaming "DIE! DIE!" at him. Suppose that demons took possession of Zimmerman's body. Suppose any damn thing that gets your rocks off.

  10. #330
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If anyone looks them up, couldja' send 'em to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? They seem to have had a reality break. If there's anything these clowns should be rallying against, it is that.
    It's been posted on the forum a few times. 90% of African Americans murdered are murdered by other African Americans. I guess the unknown statistic is how many were wearing hoodies?

    The hoodie talk is disgusting because at no time, ever, did Zimmerman say Martin looked suspicious because he was wearing a hoodie. The police asked what him what Martin was wearing and he told them, just like Zimmerman saw Martin's race as SO irrelevant that he didn't even mention it until he was asked.

    This total crap about the hoodie is totally and only a media creation and exactly nothing else.
    Last edited by joko104; 04-03-12 at 04:51 PM.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •