Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 332

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

  1. #221
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Look, I proved that Travon MArtin was retreating ala running away.
    ...
    And no, sorry, I don't think I missed your message at all. If you believe I have then perhaps you can enlighten me . .
    I don't believe anybody doesn't believe that Trayvon was trying to evade Zimmerman at one point in time. You have no point with that.
    But you made it a blanket statement and said; "The witness reports say that Mrtin was trying to get away!"
    While ignoring that the witness's reports that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman, a man calling for help, at one point in time.

    That is not, in any sense of the words, "retreating ala running away".

    That is what was being pointed out to you, and apparently what flew over your head.




    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    So, now it's you're turn to prove that Travon engaged in aggravated asault by attacking Zimmerman from behind. There is absolutely zero direct evidence to support that notion; and since Zimmerman was armed - and chasing Travon Martin, then your argument is even less likely.
    My turn? Oh goodie, I like turns.

    Yes there is direct evidence that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.
    Zimmerman's statement is evidence.
    It is direct evidence.
    It is evidence that is not contradicted, and is supported by the physical wounds.

    Chasing is an inaccurate characterization.
    Following is accurate.
    Following someone to keep them under observation until police arrive is not behavior that is wrong.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    I gotta question,
    Just who's neighborhood was it?
    Trayvon's Father's girlfriend's, Zimmerman's and others.
    Trayvon was a guest.


    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    I mean was there some kind of "no trespassing" sign on the edges of this neighborhood?
    Supposedly it was a gated community. So what?



    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Just one more thing about the one thing people keep overlooking about this case, to borrow from an old T.V.show just the facts.

    1.a boy is dead. fact
    2 . The boy has been killed with a gun fact
    3. The boy was unarmed fact
    4. The Police know the man who owned and shot the gun that killed the boy. fact
    5. Question; how big was the man, how big was the boy?
    6. Question; shouldn't a man,a member of the neighborhood watch know how to handle himself in a fist fight with a boy?
    Personally, I would not have included questions in a list of facts.

    ref. Q. #5 - Zimmerman was 5'9", pudgy, and out of breath after running a few seconds
    Trayvon was 6'0", 160lbs and an athlete

    ref. Q. #6 - No, NW is a group of volunteers from the community. It could just as well have been a woman of small stature.


    For all intent and purpose - Trayvon was a young man, not a kid.

  3. #223
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Geraldo is a Libertarian. He is anything buy liberal. He's far more aligned to your whack job party than anything else. And of course, he works for your favorite Kool Aid Stand. Fake News.
    That's likely Stossel you're thinking of. Geraldo is no libertarian.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    ...Personally, I would not have included questions in a list of facts.

    ref. Q. #5 - Zimmerman was 5'9", pudgy, and out of breath after running a few seconds
    Trayvon was 6'0", 160lbs and an athlete....
    Zimmerman was also carrying a handgun. That gave him the upper hand.

  5. #225
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Agreed for if teachers are to "assume" a child is this or that based on what he wears.

    1.Who's to say that is not all the child has to wear?
    2. Who's to say this child because of what he is wearing would effect the teachers ability to help this child with a problem?
    are you trying to create an argument? I didn't say if I endorse uniforms or not-I merely noted that one of the more rational arguments in favor of them is it allows adults to quickly identify a non-student youth. For example, the catholic prep school next to my squash club requires the boys to wear white shirts, dark ties and navy trousers, the girls white blouses, and gray skirts with dark knee socks or tights. if some kid is in the parking lot while classes are in session wearing jeans and a tshirt its pretty obvious he shouldn't be there

    Now I guess some mope could put on a white dress shirt, dress trousers and dark shoes or a gray kilt etc in order to infiltrate the school

    It has nothing to do with "helping a child"

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    I saw all sorts of folks wearing hoodies today. black, white, asian.

    no one thought any of them looked scary. they werre just trying to stay warm. and maybe have a little privacy.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Zimmerman was also carrying a handgun. That gave him the upper hand.
    Only after he decided to use it.
    Not before.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I saw all sorts of folks wearing hoodies today. black, white, asian.

    no one thought any of them looked scary. they werre just trying to stay warm. and maybe have a little privacy.
    What is your point?

    Trayvon was not found to be suspicious because of his hood.

    Trayvon pulled his hood up only after he saw he was being observed by Zimmerman.


    His hoodie has nothing to do with this event.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What is your point?

    Trayvon was not found to be suspicious because of his hood.

    Trayvon pulled his hood up only after he saw he was being observed by Zimmerman.


    His hoodie has nothing to do with this event.
    its the cause of it, according to Gerald Rivera.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible As Shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    its the cause of it, according to Gerald Rivera.
    And he is wrong.
    So what?

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •