Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 161

Thread: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

  1. #111
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    dont see where marines need to be disarmed,senators have visited various posts in afghanistan,general petraeus visits all the posts and eats with all the soldiers,but maybe all of them trusted the soldiers more than they did the local population.

    but then again obama during his speach after the fort hood shooting had secret service search all soldiers who came to view his speech,so if obama is deadly afraid of unarmed soldiers its no surprise someone would be scared of them when they were armed.


    btw obama for his fort hood shooting speack had a wall built around the field made of steel connexes stacked on eachother,if requiring a steel barricade to talk to his own people doesnt say scared nothing does.
    Perhaps Obama should disarm the Secret Servie. You never can tell, one of them might get itchy.

  2. #112
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Yeah, if he's pissed that Tricare is demanding soldiers pay for more for their healthcare then he should be pissed at the GOP for not raising more tax revenue to pay for it, not at Obama because he's trying to manage the federal government as best as he can.
    Is the DoD not getting all the money they ask for? I think they have been. Who is suggesting cuts to defense? I think you know.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #113
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Yeah, if he's pissed that Tricare is demanding soldiers pay for more for their healthcare then he should be pissed at the GOP for not raising more tax revenue to pay for it, not at Obama because he's trying to manage the federal government as best as he can.

    Funny how it's OK to cut bennies for the military, but the teachers unions, et al, in states where they are going broke paying union healthcare, is a no go. What's wrong with this picture?

  4. #114
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    It's not like there haven't been troops running amok lately, and somebody welcomed him in country by driving a blazing car onto the runway when he landed. You can see why the possibility of a firefight in the hall didn't appeal.



    "troops running amok"?


    Really?


    /facepalm
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #115
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Firstly, a White House photographer posting on the White House website is NOT the President. What do you want him to do, monitor Whitehouse.gov for pictures, maybe personally write the blogs and take the pictures himself?
    Secondly, word pronunciation? Jesus Christ, how is that an issue?
    Have you seen the pics from that ceremony? Pres Obama posed for the pics. By posing, it means he knew about them. By knowing about them, he deliberately disrespected the families of dead American servicemen just for a photo op. Regardless of whether they get posted on the WH website or just go into his personal collection. The families requested no photos of their DEAD husbands, sons, fathers and he did it anyway. You gonna tell me he didn't know that pictures where being taken by looking at the photo below?
    obama-dover.jpg
    Obama goes out of his way to make sure he pronounces foreign countries names correctly (Pak-ee-stan vice the way most Americans say it incorrectly Pak-eh-stan) but he can't same the name of his own countries military billets correctly. Don't believe me? Check out this article on Politico written BEFORE he screwed up the name Corpsman. The date above the article says 2010 but if you look at the publish date by the authors name it is 7/3/09.
    Barack Obama, a stickler for pronunciation - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com
    Corpseman, especially in the setting he said it in, was a big deal. He's speaking of a man laying on a gurney and calls him a Corpseman. Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Lastly, he didn't propose Cuts in Tricare. What he proposed was raising the out of pocket costs for Tricare, specifically pharmacy costs for drugs would increase a bit as well as payments by those retired service members using tricare who are in the Tricare for Life program and are over 65. Why? Tricare faces the same problems as Social Security and Medicare, costs are increasing far beyond income at a time of serious debt for the US government, BUT Tricare still remains one of the best health care resources in the country with the lowest costs.

    Obama plan calls for new Tricare fee hikes - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times
    I stand corrected about cuts. I did mean he increased fees.
    Anyway, I have a hard time seeing how you, as a vet, don't see a problem with a POTUS sending troops to war but at the same time making them pay more for their medical coverage. In case you didn't realize it, those increases are going to hit the guys he's sending over to get maimed and destroyed by IEDs at some point. I have Traumatic Brain Injury, PTSD, and nerve damage in both ears from IED and grenade blasts. So now, all of the medical care I'm going to require from the injuries I sustained going to war in countries he ordered me to go to is going to cost me even more than it would have. Yep, he's a regular patriot. Meanwhile, it only saves 11 billion over 10 years. I can think of quite a few programs we could cut instead of military friggin Tricare to get those kind of savings. Obama doesn't do everything wrong. I'm not one of those guys who thinks Obama wakes up screwing the country. But I do believe he shows a lack of respect to the military on a regular basis. Cutting military funding and troops? I have no problem with some cuts. Retirement reform? I have no issue with that either. Not in the way that was proposed but I am willing to give up some retirement benefits for the good of the country. Medical? That's the last thing he should be proposing cuts to on the DOD side of the house. Especially with what we know now as far as PTSD, TBI, etc. I don't use this word lightly, but I think its unpatriotic.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #116
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Well, the SecDef does that too. How else do you think he convinces others to maintain the largest military in the world? And the spending for it?



    So why did he appoint her? Was it because of the political ramifications of doing so or because she would do a good job as Secretary of State?

    And if you don't think that Hillary Clinton hasn't been advising Obama on politics you're even more naive than I thought.



    Just because there is one word for something does not mean that that word has one definition. I am right in that Cabinet Secretaries are political appointments in that they execute and help determine policy.

    After all, if the SecDef is not a political office, then what kind of office is it? It's not a military one, as I pointed out that those with military commissions cannot be appointed until after 7 years. Yes, it's an appointed office - but that just describes how the office is filled, not what they actually do.

    And all these appointments practice politics in the terms you use as well. There's no prohibition in the Constitution that prevents them from doing otherwise, after all.



    And it doesn't say anywhere that they can't make policies that will somehow piss off the servicemen, such as ordering marines to disarm to maintain civility in a meeting with Afghanis.
    Okay, a few things we need to get straight.
    1) We are speaking of politics in very different lights. You are speaking of it in terms of setting policies. That is a correct definition. However, I am speaking of it in terms of the way most of our politicians practice it. The definitions we gave for the way we're viewing the word politics in this debate is the origin of our debate and a rather fruitless one. Essentially, you are talking about futbol and I'm talking about football. Same pronunciation, very different meanings.
    2) I agree with you that the offices I speak of do set policies. The point I am making is the the SECDEF, SecState, etc do not normally engage in the version of politics I am speaking of. The public smears, shots at the other side, shady fund raising, superpacs, etc. Thats what I mean by politicis in the way I am using it.
    3) Is the SECDEF, or is he not responsible for voicing the concerns of the military? I can answer that for you. Yes, he is. And you know he is. So lets stop arguing over something that you are obviously disagreeing with me about just for the sake of disagreeing. Its a moot point, one that I've proven, one that you have tried to half-heartedly agree with only because you know you're wrong but don't want to cede a point, and one that I am tired of arguing because I can't provide any better proof than posting the guys responsibilities directly for US law. Wait, I did that already.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #117
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Yeah, if he's pissed that Tricare is demanding soldiers pay for more for their healthcare then he should be pissed at the GOP for not raising more tax revenue to pay for it, not at Obama because he's trying to manage the federal government as best as he can.
    You know, I was enjoying intelligent debate with you until I saw this. This is partisan hackery at its finest. Do we really need to go into tax cuts? How many times has the POTUS signed payroll tax cuts? Hasn't he signed off on Bush tax cuts over and over? Last time I checked, the House of Representatives couldn't pass tax cuts on their own. It required the Dem controlled Senate and that guy you are defending so vehemently (and inaccurately) to get them approved. I could get smarmy with you but I won't. I'm not wasting good smack on an obvious partisan hack. And your lean says other. LOL!
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #118
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
    I quoted where MarineT blamed the current administration and then he went on and named Obama in another post and leveled more ridiculous charges, answered quite nicely by the Wiseone. You connect the dots.
    Translation: (italics means we are actually inside of Hikertrash's brain listening to his thought process. Bet you didn't know that little button up there could do that huh?) Wiseone you got this because I've got nothing. I'm in the tank for Obama and I don't know why but you sound smarter than me so I'll sit back and watch. But, if its okay with you, I'll going to throw in one or two sentence posts from time to time just to save face and stir the pot.
    Yep, that sounds about right.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #119
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
    I quoted where MarineT blamed the current administration and then he went on and named Obama in another post and leveled more ridiculous charges, answered quite nicely by the Wiseone. You connect the dots.
    Which administration would you say Leon Panetta is serving in? Regardless...who made the order? Who issued it? Who is given the blame by people here that have actually served?

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Marines forced to disarm before meeting secdef panetta

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Have you seen the pics from that ceremony? Pres Obama posed for the pics. By posing, it means he knew about them. By knowing about them, he deliberately disrespected the families of dead American servicemen just for a photo op. Regardless of whether they get posted on the WH website or just go into his personal collection. The families requested no photos of their DEAD husbands, sons, fathers and he did it anyway. You gonna tell me he didn't know that pictures where being taken by looking at the photo below?
    obama-dover.jpg
    Obama goes out of his way to make sure he pronounces foreign countries names correctly (Pak-ee-stan vice the way most Americans say it incorrectly Pak-eh-stan) but he can't same the name of his own countries military billets correctly. Don't believe me? Check out this article on Politico written BEFORE he screwed up the name Corpsman. The date above the article says 2010 but if you look at the publish date by the authors name it is 7/3/09.
    Barack Obama, a stickler for pronunciation - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com
    Corpseman, especially in the setting he said it in, was a big deal. He's speaking of a man laying on a gurney and calls him a Corpseman. Awesome.


    I stand corrected about cuts. I did mean he increased fees.
    Anyway, I have a hard time seeing how you, as a vet, don't see a problem with a POTUS sending troops to war but at the same time making them pay more for their medical coverage. In case you didn't realize it, those increases are going to hit the guys he's sending over to get maimed and destroyed by IEDs at some point. I have Traumatic Brain Injury, PTSD, and nerve damage in both ears from IED and grenade blasts. So now, all of the medical care I'm going to require from the injuries I sustained going to war in countries he ordered me to go to is going to cost me even more than it would have. Yep, he's a regular patriot. Meanwhile, it only saves 11 billion over 10 years. I can think of quite a few programs we could cut instead of military friggin Tricare to get those kind of savings. Obama doesn't do everything wrong. I'm not one of those guys who thinks Obama wakes up screwing the country. But I do believe he shows a lack of respect to the military on a regular basis. Cutting military funding and troops? I have no problem with some cuts. Retirement reform? I have no issue with that either. Not in the way that was proposed but I am willing to give up some retirement benefits for the good of the country. Medical? That's the last thing he should be proposing cuts to on the DOD side of the house. Especially with what we know now as far as PTSD, TBI, etc. I don't use this word lightly, but I think its unpatriotic.
    I'm not disagreeing with you about Tricare, I'm not taking a stance on whether the raising of fees is right or wrong I was merely correcting you on your original point.

    As for the other two things, its just opinion but personally I think you are being way too sensitive. Especially about the pronunciation, no one can have perfect pronunciation even if they strive for it. Hell I've said "Marine Corpse" a few times because it just slipped out, doesn't mean I disrespect you guys and your fragile fragile egos.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •