Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 158

Thread: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

  1. #81
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs (Oooops... that's double what t

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    it isn't. but it is an indication that we need health care reform.
    BUT, remember your words, they may come back to haunt you. When it is YOU who has to file bankruptcy because the insurance industry has congress under their thumbs, you will be wanting some govt program to protect you....
    We have Obamacare, is that not the reform your speaking of, or are you suggesting we need to repeal Obamacare and start over? If it's the latter I agree.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #82
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,102

    New CBO health law estimate shows much higher spending past first 10 years

    New CBO Health Law Estimate Shows Much Higher Spending Past First 10 Years | Fox News

    The Congressional Budget Office has extended its cost estimates for President Obama's [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]health [COLOR=blue !important]care [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]law[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] out to 2022, taking in more years of full implementation, and showing that the bill is substantially more expensive -- twice as much as the original $900 billion price tag.
    In a largely overlooked segment of the CBO's update to the budget outlook released Tuesday, the independent arm of Congress found that the bill will cost $1.76 trillion between now and 2022.


    Read more: New CBO Health Law Estimate Shows Much Higher Spending Past First 10 Years | Fox News
    I can't wait to see when the mainstream media reports this in full. I'll hold my breath.

    Would bend-over Georgie Snuffaluffagos even dare ask Obama this question in a debate?

  3. #83
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: New CBO health law estimate shows much higher spending past first 10 years

    Same topic was posted in another forum. The bottom line is that the new estimate actually predicts that the net cost of HCR will be $48 billion LOWER than previously estimated due to lower insurance cost and higher revenue projections.
    Last edited by AdamT; 03-15-12 at 12:08 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #84
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs (Oooops... that's double what t

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    We have Obamacare, is that not the reform your speaking of, or are you suggesting we need to repeal Obamacare and start over? If it's the latter I agree.
    start over, no......fix what we have, otherwise it will be a decade before any results....

    IMO, we all need another card similar to SS card. It tells health care providers if you are current in your insurance payments, like proof of insurance you show the traffic cop when he asks for it. If not, you go to the back of the line. Adults who can afford insurance but just refuse to sign up, get shown the exit. And it should be very easy for health care providers to attach wages, intercept tax refunds, etc. or whatever it takes to get the money due from the slackers...
    I have many relatives who are slackers, some directly related, some not so direct, and they have money for smokes, beer, dining out, expensive toys, etc.
    If you are on the government teat, you live accoringly.....basic needs, no luxuries....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I am not making you do anything....I don't like subsidizing others any more than you....
    BUT, we are, as long as slackers exist, we will subsidize them.
    Sorry you can't see that....
    You support the policies which make me pay for it. Thus you are making me pay for it. Sorry you cant see that....

  6. #86
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    You support the policies which make me pay for it. Thus you are making me pay for it. Sorry you cant see that....
    If we make everyone have their own insurance, which is MY policy, how does that make you pay?

    Also, there is no such thing as complete independence, self sufficiency, etc. We are all part of the social matrix that is the USA, like it or not. The existing infrastructure was paid for by all tax payer, and is also maintained by all taxpayers.
    There is no free ride on those things either...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    If we make everyone have their own insurance, which is MY policy, how does that make you pay?

    Also, there is no such thing as complete independence, self sufficiency, etc. We are all part of the social matrix that is the USA, like it or not. The existing infrastructure was paid for by all tax payer, and is also maintained by all taxpayers.
    There is no free ride on those things either...
    Who is going to pay for the people who dont? Me, right? And we arent talking about complete independance, only not having federal control of healthcare. I am 100% ok with eliminating all federal programs that regulate healthcare beyond constitutional powers.

  8. #88
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Who is going to pay for the people who dont? Me, right? And we arent talking about complete independance, only not having federal control of healthcare. I am 100% ok with eliminating all federal programs that regulate healthcare beyond constitutional powers.
    the people who don't, get fined, have their tax refunds taken, have their wages attached....
    those who TRULY can't, we take care of like a good country, christian or not, should....
    The number who truly cannot pay for insurance is likely a very small number.
    The number of adults who just scam the system, should be allowed to remain untreated unless they pay cash in advance.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    the people who don't, get fined, have their tax refunds taken, have their wages attached....
    those who TRULY can't, we take care of like a good country, christian or not, should....
    The number who truly cannot pay for insurance is likely a very small number.
    The number of adults who just scam the system, should be allowed to remain untreated unless they pay cash in advance.
    So, yes, I will have to pay. So youve now forced me to purchase something, and made me pay for someone who didnt abide your dictatorship. Why not just leave me out of it? You can buy insurance and pay for others, and Ill take care of myself. We'll call it the free market.

  10. #90
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    So, yes, I will have to pay. So youve now forced me to purchase something, and made me pay for someone who didnt abide your dictatorship. Why not just leave me out of it? You can buy insurance and pay for others, and Ill take care of myself. We'll call it the free market.
    you don't think the "free" market is screwing you financially?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •