Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 158

Thread: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

  1. #21
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993
    No one can estimate the net benefits or lack thereof until the entire law is implemented. Of course, the cost have risen now because insurance companies want to offset potential future cost now while the getting is good (meaning people actually buy the nonsense that more such people went be offset by more healthy people). Of course, I disagree with the nearly the entire premise of which current health care is based. The fact is that savings arent passed to the to insurance customers, but the companies themselves and three fact that insurance covers nearly everything. Catastrophic insurance should be accessible to anyone, preexisting condition or not, in network rates as well. Had the anyone tired to actually tackle just these two points.earliet the entire insurance/medical system may not be so broken

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ZIRP4EVA View Post
    And I am talking about the real world. The doc fix has been passed by Congress for the past two years. Thats $50 billion in mythological costs savings down the drain. So, what make you think any other costs savings will actually materialize?
    If you are talking about the real world 10 years from now, you are making projections, which assume a set of circumstances.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    ...and of course the the savings "projections" are SO much more reliable than the original "cost" projections, too funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did use the CBO's words. You also failed to read far enough in the CBO report, since the number does not contain the savings projections for 2022. I also point out that even your numbers disagree with how the story presented them.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    ...and of course the the savings "projections" are SO much more reliable than the original "cost" projections, too funny.

    Ummmm...no one claimed that. Nice try though.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Then don't pretend you can rebut the OP....fact is The Bamster and his chorts lied about the cost.....lied about anyone but THEM reducing Medicare Benefits....and pretty much everything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ummmm...no one claimed that. Nice try though.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Then don't pretend you can rebut the OP....fact is The Bamster and his chorts lied about the cost.....lied about anyone but THEM reducing Medicare Benefits....and pretty much everything else.
    I did rebut the OP and showed exactly how it misrepresented the numbers from the CBO. Nice try again.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    User FreedomOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-18-12 @ 11:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    No - I'm sure it makes perfect sense.

    here's how:
    Ohh that was so cute, thank you for that it brought a smile to my face

  8. #28
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-07-12 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    94

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If you are talking about the real world 10 years from now, you are making projections, which assume a set of circumstances.
    Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. The first ten years of Obamacare is partly paid for by reducing Medicare costs by ~$500 billion. Of that ~$500 billion in reductions, ~$250 billion is through ending the doc fix. Since the bill was passed, Congress has voted to extend the doc fix twice (2011 and 2012). That means ~$50 billion (or 10%) of the original Medicare "savings" has not materialized as mandated by the law.

    So, I ask you again - why are you so confident that ANY cost savings will actually materialize given that the doc fix was suppose to be the easy part?

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs (Oooops... that's double what they

    Can't make this **** up, but we told you so.

    CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs


    President Obama's national health care law will cost $1.76 trillion over a decade, according to a new projection released today by the Congressional Budget Office, rather than the $940 billion forecast when it was signed into law.
    Democrats employed many accounting tricks when they were pushing through the national health care legislation, the most egregious of which was to delay full implementation of the law until 2014, so it would appear cheaper under the CBO's standard ten-year budget window and, at least on paper, meet Obama's pledge that the legislation would cost "around $900 billion over 10 years." When the final CBO score came out before passage, critics noted that the true 10 year cost would be far higher than advertised once projections accounted for full implementation.
    Today, the CBO released new projections from 2013 extending through 2022, and the results are as critics expected: the ten-year cost of the law's core provisions to expand health insurance coverage has now ballooned to $1.76 trillion. That's because we now have estimates for Obamacare's first nine years of full implementation, rather than the mere six when it was signed into law. Only next year will we get a true ten-year cost estimate, if the law isn't overturned by the Supreme Court or repealed by then. Given that in 2022, the last year available, the gross cost of the coverage expansions are $265 billion, we're likely looking at about $2 trillion over the first decade, or more than double what Obama advertised.
    And you know what, its gonna cost more than this. Obamacare is such a boondoggle. Right up there with Social Security and Medicare, all the pet projects of dumb-ass liberal Presidents with the support of equally dumb-ass liberal Congresses. We can not afford the free ride libs.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 Trillion over 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ZIRP4EVA View Post
    Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. The first ten years of Obamacare is partly paid for by reducing Medicare costs by ~$500 billion. Of that ~$500 billion in reductions, ~$250 billion is through ending the doc fix. Since the bill was passed, Congress has voted to extend the doc fix twice (2011 and 2012). That means ~$50 billion (or 10%) of the original Medicare "savings" has not materialized as mandated by the law.

    So, I ask you again - why are you so confident that ANY cost savings will actually materialize given that the doc fix was suppose to be the easy part?
    If you have projections with different sets of assumptions, feel free to link to them. If you don't have them, your objection is meaningless and we have to use the projections we have.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •