Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

  1. #11
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,654

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    Wikileaks does what journalism should do in a democracy.
    Encourage thieves to do their bidding and get a little something for themselves in the meanwhile?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #12
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    People offer heaps of praise to Wikileaks even though any website could have hosted the content
    Then why didn't they?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  3. #13
    User Clandestine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-14 @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    127

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMRAAM View Post
    People offer heaps of praise to Wikileaks even though any website could have hosted the content, the praise should go to the guys who deliver the content (even though a lot of them are just traitors to begin with).
    But they are the website that did it. Praise doesn't make something a loser. They have been honest about the extent of their work. They can't control what's said about them. Betrayal is sometimes a gray area. There's sometimes a difference between a good person and a good citizen.

  4. #14
    User Clandestine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-14 @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    127

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Encourage thieves to do their bidding and get a little something for themselves in the meanwhile?
    That's the cost of transparency when the govt, security forces and corporations are being shady. Classic Robin Hood scenario, lol. You can say what you want about the thieves, but it's only going to distract people from the bigger issues at hand.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    Wikileaks does what journalism should do in a democracy.
    Brag and not deliver?

  6. #16
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,654

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    That's the cost of transparency when the govt, security forces and corporations are being shady. Classic Robin Hood scenario, lol. You can say what you want about the thieves, but it's only going to distract people from the bigger issues at hand.
    Robin Hood, my bum. Normal people had their credit card information yanked, spent, and their email accounts exploited by the very thieves that gave Wikileaks those emails.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 02-27-12 at 10:59 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #17
    User Clandestine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-14 @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    127

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Brag and not deliver?
    Lol, I'm starting to regret that statement.

  8. #18
    User Clandestine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-14 @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    127

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Robin Hood, my bum. Normal people had their credit card information yanked, spent, and their email accounts exploited by the very thieves that gave Wikileaks those emails.
    I've never heard of that. Link info? (This is a sincere request, btw. I'm here more to read than post).

  9. #19
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,654

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    I've never heard of that. Link info? (This is a sincere request, btw. I'm here more to read than post).
    Stratfor Hacking Victims Targeted Again After Speaking Out | Fox News

    With regard to individuals who have had their credit cards attacked, there had been numerous messages provided by subscribers on their Facebook page describing the charges on their accounts.

    My own email account was listed in the dump, like everyone else. While I did not yet subscribe (was a mere couple weeks from doing so) to their premium services (which would have had my card number included in the dump), you can bet your butt I was pissed the hell off.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 02-27-12 at 11:24 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #20
    Banned SLAMRAAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-10-12 @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    318

    Re: WikiLeaks Publishes 5 Million 'Shadow CIA' E-Mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Stratfor Hacking Victims Targeted Again After Speaking Out | Fox News

    With regard to individuals who have had their credit cards attacked, there had been numerous messages provided by subscribers on their Facebook page describing the charges on their accounts.

    My own email account was listed in the dump, like everyone else. While I did not yet subscribe (was a mere couple weeks from doing so) to their premium services (which would have had my card number included in the dump), you can bet your butt I was pissed the hell off.
    Yep, great role models these degenerates are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •