Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 148

Thread: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

  1. #71
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Bush was a temp worker too...every President is a temp worker.

    likey you don't know anything about me

    While it is true I know nothing about you, I can assume a few things when you disrespect your own President.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What I fail to understand is why everybody on the left cares so much. Who cares what people in other countries think of us. Let the military do their job. Support the troops.
    Yeah, that whole safety of the troops things you don't care about is quite clear. If the U.S. had a "I don't care" attitude about it, you would have seen 10 times more violence IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I don't even care what people in THIS country think of me. Do you think I give a rat's ass what some goat herders in Afghanistan think about our military?
    Of course you don't care, you're not the one who is risking their life over there, why should you care

  3. #73
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-01-12 @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Newt is a certifiable idiot. The main reason for 'apologizing' is to protect our troops in Afghanistan. Thank God Newt will never be President Of The United States.

    I am in agreement with you that the reason for apologizing was to protect our troops ..And i agree that someone like newt should never be at the helm ..Has no one learned from the results of GW's administration ?

  4. #74
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCothran View Post
    I am in agreement with you that the reason for apologizing was to protect our troops ..And i agree that someone like newt should never be at the helm ..Has no one learned from the results of GW's administration ?

    Many have learned much...some have learned nothing.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah, that whole safety of the troops things you don't care about is quite clear. If the U.S. had a "I don't care" attitude about it, you would have seen 10 times more violence IMO.
    We would be respected. Terrorists mess with you when they sense weakness.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Of course you don't care, you're not the one who is risking their life over there, why should you care
    That's rather cynical of you sir!

    I think the president should back up our troops, that's my point. An apology is selling them out.

  6. #76
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-01-12 @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    How is protecting our troops by using a wee bit of diplomacy selling them out ?

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Ok, fine, let Barack Hussein Obama apologize for the accidental burning of the books. But...... Pretty please give us back our drone??????


    Enough said.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCothran View Post
    How is protecting our troops by using a wee bit of diplomacy selling them out ?
    He's apologizing for their actions, like they did something wrong. Our troops are out there doing the best they can. It's war. **** happens.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    An apology is not a sign of weakness, and whether it helps or not it certainly doesn't hurt. The only reason I see here for not offering an apology and in some way to help lessen the protests or any potential or actual violence, is pride. Pride is irrelevant to us, and your pride is irrelevant to anything. An apology isn't selling out the troops, supporting the troops doesn't mean believing they can do no wrong.

    Regardless of what you think of the Afghan peoples or their customs, the strategic fact of the situation remains that their opinion of Americans is a vital part of the objective of this war. If this war is about removing a potential threat from the ungoverned areas of Afghanistan, than making the people like Americans is important to remove any desire to attack us.

    In the short term, anything that would help to decrease the current violence and potential for violence is helpful. Pride is not worth the life of a Solider, neither should we disregard any potential help that even if its not a total solution. No one is suggesting that an apology will end all violence, so I don't understand why that fact should prevent us from doing it if it can help.

  10. #80
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    An apology is not a sign of weakness, and whether it helps or not it certainly doesn't hurt. The only reason I see here for not offering an apology and in some way to help lessen the protests or any potential or actual violence, is pride. Pride is irrelevant to us, and your pride is irrelevant to anything. An apology isn't selling out the troops, supporting the troops doesn't mean believing they can do no wrong.

    Regardless of what you think of the Afghan peoples or their customs, the strategic fact of the situation remains that their opinion of Americans is a vital part of the objective of this war. If this war is about removing a potential threat from the ungoverned areas of Afghanistan, than making the people like Americans is important to remove any desire to attack us.

    In the short term, anything that would help to decrease the current violence and potential for violence is helpful. Pride is not worth the life of a Solider, neither should we disregard any potential help that even if its not a total solution. No one is suggesting that an apology will end all violence, so I don't understand why that fact should prevent us from doing it if it can help.
    Thank you!! I've been repeating this for the past 2 weeks to little avail.

    I can always count on your posts to contain a relatively strong dose of common sense, compared to all the other partisan hackery going on.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 02-29-12 at 06:08 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •