Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 148

Thread: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Many liberals denounce Christians and their theology but remain silent by acts of violence by Muslims who kill Americans, as in this case. No liberal is upset or offended by Muslims who killed two Americans because Korans used by terrorists were burned? Yet the same liberals have no problem with someone burning the American flag because the practice is protected by the US Constitution.

    So its OK for President Obama to apologize for Americans burning a religious document but remain silent about the deaths of two Americans whom he sent to Afghanistan to protect American interests abroad?

    Let's see where to start in this completely idiotic accusations.

    First of all, I am quite upset that 2 service members were killed. I'm more upset at the fact the Afghanistan president did NOT denounce this act further.

    Secondly, you compare liberals not upset over flag burning due to the 1st amendment. Servicemembers are held to a different standard and laws than civilians are. Civilians can burn the flag using the 1st amednment, servicemen in uniform cannot. Therefore if a service member cannot exercise their freedom of speech fully in uniform by burning a flag, they sure as hell shouldn't be able to burn the Koran.

    Now, I'm not upset over the burning of the Koran because of the reasons it was done. It was done because there was propaganda written on it. Therefore, for me at least, the intent to cause offense is not there. However, they should have consulted with the Afghanistan government about the best way to either destroy the vandalized Korans or get them out of circulation. That is the reason Obama apologized because of the lack of consulting with the Afghanistan government in correctly getting the Korans out of circulation properly.

    Yet again the Obama haters will try to feaverishly try to smear anything on Obama without taking a look at all the facts.

  2. #122
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Let's see where to start in this completely idiotic accusations.

    Yet again the Obama haters will try to feaverishly try to smear anything on Obama without taking a look at all the facts.

    Great place to start; open mouth, insert foot. Maybe you should read the post and respond to it instead of inserting your own invective.

    Just the opposite for the Obama sheeple, facts are optional.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  3. #123
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-28-12 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    12

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Many liberals denounce Christians and their theology but remain silent by acts of violence by Muslims who kill Americans, as in this case. No liberal is upset or offended by Muslims who killed two Americans because Korans used by terrorists were burned? Yet the same liberals have no problem with someone burning the American flag because the practice is protected by the US Constitution.

    So its OK for President Obama to apologize for Americans burning a religious document but remain silent about the deaths of two Americans whom he sent to Afghanistan to protect American interests abroad?
    There is a solution to this. I denounce all religions. Obama's apology for the burning of the Koran was in the best interest of Americans abroad. His apology probably saved lives, despite my opinion that the Koran and other "Holy" books should be burned. I can elaborate on religiosity, but I am trying to stay on topic. Whether the apology was warranted or not, it was needed to prevent even more violent acts against Americans in retaliation.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Newt is a certifiable idiot. The main reason for 'apologizing' is to protect our troops in Afghanistan. Thank God Newt will never be President Of The United States.
    Why do our troops need guns if they're protected by Obama's apology?

  5. #125
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Newt's dumber then I thought, that's just wow.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  6. #126
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Stop voting. Newts economic ideology (and on all other important subjects like immigration and AA) are identical to every other Republican candidate, and almost identical to every Democrat and Libertarian candidate.

  7. #127
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    The idea that liberals give Muslims a pass on everything is just ridiculous. I guess "is not calling for banning Mosques in the US" translates to "giving Muslims a pass for everything" to some on the right wing.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #128
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Why do our troops need guns if they're protected by Obama's apology?
    Seriously? They're in more or less a warzone.

    Sarcasm should be used in moderation. That is, I hope you were being just that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Stop voting. Newts economic ideology (and on all other important subjects like immigration and AA) are identical to every other Republican candidate, and almost identical to every Democrat and Libertarian candidate.
    Refraining from voting doesn't really fix anything.
    Last edited by Van Basten; 04-25-12 at 03:40 PM.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Obama is willing to apologize for anything besides his own failures. For those he blames Bush and the GOP It's one thing to admit and apologize for blatant mistakes, it's another to have no backbone and not stand behind your country.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #130
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Gingrich Slams Obama for Koran Apology

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Obama is willing to apologize for anything besides his own failures. For those he blames Bush and the GOP It's one thing to admit and apologize for blatant mistakes, it's another to have no backbone and not stand behind your country.
    I was wondering how the mental gymnastics would manage to reconcile these opposing views. Thanks!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •