Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

  1. #31
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Apparently you didn't look at the link I gave you about the white guy being pulled from his truck, beaten nearly to death and bashed in the head with bricks after he was unconscious, if that doesn't make a white guy feel a bit uncomfortable going into that area I don't know what would. It leads me to believe I wouldn't feel real welcome there. Now back to the subject, you think those guys voted for Maxine? LOL
    I don't have to watch it, I saw it when it happened...was it 15 years ago now? It would make anyone feel uncomfortable.

    I don't think many of those guys voted at all. They were too busy with gangsta ****, at least the ones guilty of the beating. Besides which, South Central is not part of Waters' district now, as the area was redistricted in 1993. Painting all the criminals as having voted for one party is....*hack*... sorry had to cough there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post

    They should watch their ass because all 10% of the white people might get them?

    Conservatism must be learning how to say racial **** and get away with it.
    Again, from my perception it's not a place that a white or maybe asian that isn't from the area wants to wander around. I've been trying to understand whether or not you think this is all wrong?

    If it's factual, is it racist to point it out?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I don't have to watch it, I saw it when it happened...was it 15 years ago now? It would make anyone feel uncomfortable.

    I don't think many of those guys voted at all. They were too busy with gangsta ****, at least the ones guilty of the beating. Besides which, South Central is not part of Waters' district now, as the area was redistricted in 1993. Painting all the criminals as having voted for one party is....*hack*... sorry had to cough there.
    So your problem is with the idea that all that create the problems in the area vote (D), not with the description of the area?

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    494

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Again, from my perception it's not a place that a white or maybe asian that isn't from the area wants to wander around. I've been trying to understand whether or not you think this is all wrong?

    If it's factual, is it racist to point it out?
    Only to a typical far left close-minded Liberal that it would racist for anyone to point out those hard facts.

  5. #35
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Again, from my perception it's not a place that a white or maybe asian that isn't from the area wants to wander around. I've been trying to understand whether or not you think this is all wrong?

    If it's factual, is it racist to point it out?

    It's prejudicial to say that a black person in that area is necessarily a criminal or on welfare.

    I have a friend who is unapologetically racist. When I see a story on the news about a black person committing a crime, I assume that's a bad individual. He takes it as proof that all blacks are criminals.

    So it's all in how it's pointed out. If you're saying that "Hey, there's some bad individuals there, be careful," that's just good advice. If you say "Watch out for all the black criminals, they'll beat you because you're white," that's another thing altogether. What sawyer's saying, it seems to me, is "Yeah well no wonder you've got Maxine Waters, she has the support of all the black gangsters and welfare queens in South Central and East LA. Like all Democrats get the criminal vote." He doesn't even take into account that Waters doesn't represent the areas he's talking about because it's all the same to him. Interestingly, she does represent Hawthorne, which gave the world the Beach Boys, not gangsta rap. While the demographics have changed, much of her district is still relatively well off compared to South Central. That doesn't compute in his head that taking what some individuals in South Central did as proof of what the whole area is like, even areas that aren't South Central.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's prejudicial to say that a black person in that area is necessarily a criminal or on welfare.
    He said that the area was "awash" with criminals and those on welfare. Now I would not equate the two but once again, that is pretty much the picture I've got from many sources. Without changing what was said, are you saying that you do not believe that what he actually said is factual?

    I have a friend who is unapologetically racist. When I see a story on the news about a black person committing a crime, I assume that's a bad individual. He takes it as proof that all blacks are criminals.
    Sorry for your friend. Are you trying to say that your friend has skewed your ability to determine what is racist and what isn't?

    So it's all in how it's pointed out. If you're saying that "Hey, there's some bad individuals there, be careful," that's just good advice. If you say "Watch out for all the black criminals, they'll beat you because you're white," that's another thing altogether. What sawyer's saying, it seems to me, is "Yeah well no wonder you've got Maxine Waters, she has the support of all the black gangsters and welfare queens in South Central and East LA. Like all Democrats get the criminal vote." He doesn't even take into account that Waters doesn't represent the areas he's talking about because it's all the same to him. Interestingly, she does represent Hawthorne, which gave the world the Beach Boys, not gangsta rap. While the demographics have changed, much of her district is still relatively well off compared to South Central. That doesn't compute in his head that taking what some individuals in South Central did as proof of what the whole area is like, even areas that aren't South Central.
    He may have been wrong about the area she represents. That makes a statement racist? If I can determine what exactly in your eyes makes something racist, maybe I can make up my own mind.

    You may be right but when you keep on representing his arguement as something other than what he said, I have my doubts.

  7. #37
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    It is possible to be both factual and prejudicial. Now let's look at what he said to back up his thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    It was largely about gang bangers, their welfare moms with husbands in prison and drugs being part of the culture there. The only race comment was if you are white you better watch your ass if you mistakinly end up there. Exactly what part of this is wrong? Heres a couple of links for you to think about.

    Reginald Denny incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    LA GANG LIFE | DICKIES, THUGS & GUNS THE PHOTOGRAPHY OF ROBERT YAGER The Selvedge Yard
    The links that he gave were about Reginald Denny, which I knew about, and someones blog about a photo exhibit that has to do with a hispanic gang. Now when he talks about gang bangers and watching your ass if you're white, and his evidence is black criminals beating a white guy and hispanic thugs, what do you get from it?

    It's not factually inaccurate, but his evidence is that it's minority gang bangers against honest working white folks. He extrpolates that, somehow, to Maxine Waters' election. So what's the logic? Maxine Waters represents the people of her district (true) and that the people of her district are minorities, gangstas and welfare queens.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It is possible to be both factual and prejudicial. Now let's look at what he said to back up his thoughts.



    The links that he gave were about Reginald Denny, which I knew about, and someones blog about a photo exhibit that has to do with a hispanic gang. Now when he talks about gang bangers and watching your ass if you're white, and his evidence is black criminals beating a white guy and hispanic thugs, what do you get from it?
    From what I know, it's likely truthful. I'm sure there are many areas I wouldn't set foot in under any circumstances.

    It's not factually inaccurate, but his evidence is that it's minority gang bangers against honest working white folks. He extrpolates that, somehow, to Maxine Waters' election. So what's the logic? Maxine Waters represents the people of her district (true) and that the people of her district are minorities, gangstas and welfare queens.
    I believe that there are very few places in the country where Waters could get elected.

  9. #39
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    One thing for sure, I am shaking in my boots at the prospect, like my 15 year old niece says, "SERIOUSLY"?

    Top 10 Outrageous Maxine Waters Quotes - HUMAN EVENTS


    Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman - The Hill's On The Money
    They wouldn't be shaking in their boots at OneUnited Bank. In fact, they'd cheer.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thought of me as chairwoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I just love the irony when someone on the right says something like this, then complains that people call them racist. I wonder why...
    Anyone who ctiticizes a black politician is a racist? Your post is dripping with irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •