Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Tell that to the Roman Empire, oh wait! We can't! Haven't you noticed that when countries become secular, they die? Our country was founding on Judeo-Christian values, and now we are rejecting them.
    Rome became Christian, and Rome collapsed because it was too big for itself, and corruption. Not because of teh gays.

    Good on OKC, the world has become a little more tolerant apparently.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #12
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Rome was dying, then they became christian, then secularism came again and destroyed them. Relativism, and Secularism, are deadly.
    You do realize that atheists have existed since the days before organize religion... correct? I mean even in the days of people worshiping fire there was that one guy who was going "You guys are retarded".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #13
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Tell that to the Roman Empire, oh wait! We can't! Haven't you noticed that when countries become secular, they die? Our country was founding on Judeo-Christian values, and now we are rejecting them.
    Please learn history. And not just that taught by Westboro.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #14
    Professor
    Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Please learn history. And not just that taught by Westboro.
    Why do you assume I listen to Westboro? I hate those people!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT on Nov 8th, 2012 View Post
    Over the next four years the economy will continue to rebound and we will gradually get deficits under control. The real esate market will rebound, unemployment will fall to 6.5% or below, and GDP growth will stand at 3.5 - 4%. We won't be in any wars. And conservatives will still be whining.

  5. #15
    Professor
    Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Rome became Christian, and Rome collapsed because it was too big for itself, and corruption. Not because of teh gays.

    Good on OKC, the world has become a little more tolerant apparently.
    The only thing to tolerate is evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT on Nov 8th, 2012 View Post
    Over the next four years the economy will continue to rebound and we will gradually get deficits under control. The real esate market will rebound, unemployment will fall to 6.5% or below, and GDP growth will stand at 3.5 - 4%. We won't be in any wars. And conservatives will still be whining.

  6. #16
    Professor
    Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    No, you are wrong.
    Prove it! Then again, you can't even defend evolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT on Nov 8th, 2012 View Post
    Over the next four years the economy will continue to rebound and we will gradually get deficits under control. The real esate market will rebound, unemployment will fall to 6.5% or below, and GDP growth will stand at 3.5 - 4%. We won't be in any wars. And conservatives will still be whining.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Tell that to the Roman Empire, oh wait! We can't! Haven't you noticed that when countries become secular, they die? Our country was founding on Judeo-Christian values, and now we are rejecting them.
    There's FAR more arguments as to the fall of the Roman Empire than simply secularism.

    The enormous size and the disconnect that caused throughout the Empire being a far more prime suspect for its ultimate demise than rejecting their original adherance to religious beliefs.

    If there's a lesson to be learned from the Roman Empire in regards to dangers as it relates to America today, imho it would be the dangers of attempting to intigrate multiple significantly entrenched seperate cultures under one governmental umbrella rather than attempting to establish a baseline cultural link throughout all of the various peoples who are under the paritcular government. When you don't have that common cultural link then you create significant challenges in terms of government and cohesion of a country.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    The only thing to tolerate is evil.
    So gay people are evil?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So gay people are evil?
    Going to guess it goes more along the lines of

    Sin = Evil

    And that acting upon Homosexuality is a Sin as well as supporting individuals in their sinning is a sin.

    So homosexuals themselves perhaps not evil, the belief that their actions and desires are evil.

    Likely going down that whole "don't hate the sinner, hate the sin". Not to be confused with the more popularly referenced don't have the playa, hate the game.

  10. #20
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Oklahoma elects first openly gay state senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So gay people are evil?
    I always cringe when people ask questions that push rhetorical extremes to make a moral point on the Internet. Generally your opponent will just swallow the point.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •