Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

  1. #11
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You use Huffpo as a source and deride people for being willingly deceived? That's like using WND for a birther claim.
    The only people who complain about HuffPo are hackish republicans and conservatives and WND well ... I wouldn't be surprised if you yourself cited it when it helped you. Your comparison is invalid.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-17-12 at 06:29 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #12
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The only people who complain about HuffPo are hackish republicans and conservatives and WND well ... I wouldn't be surprised if you yourself cited it when it helped you. Your comparison is invalid.
    Huh, it's just us "hackish conservatives" that see huffpo as biased. You got me. I guess that's /thread for you, no need to come back.

    Of course, Huffpo's bias is well established... from Huffpo's bloggers for example:

    HuffPo provides a powerful platform for pro-labor and progressive messages. Doesn’t that outweigh wrongdoing on the part of its parent company?
    Statement from the Newspaper Guild | HPUB - Huffington Post Union of Bloggers

    Then of course, there is the old standby of Wikipedia:
    The Huffington Post was launched on May 9, 2005, as a liberal/left commentary outlet and alternative to news aggregators such as the Drudge Report.
    The Huffington Post - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So we have the Huffpo bloggers admitting their pushing progressive drivvel, and huffpo's own creation as a left wing site as proof it's biased...

    But no, that's just crazy right wing talk eh?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #13
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Huh, it's just us "hackish conservatives" that see huffpo as biased. You got me. I guess that's /thread for you, no need to come back.

    Of course, Huffpo's bias is well established... from Huffpo's bloggers for example:
    Did you read what I said? I said the only people who complain about HuffPo are hacking conservatives. Whether they have bias or not is irrelevant, every news source has some bias. Good luck finding one that doesn't. Learn to understand what you're reading, it'll do you some good.


    Then of course, there is the old standby of Wikipedia:

    The Huffington Post - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So we have the Huffpo bloggers admitting their pushing progressive drivvel, and huffpo's own creation as a left wing site as proof it's biased...
    Still unable to understand what you read I see?

    But no, that's just crazy right wing talk eh?
    No. It's your inability to read. You're still complaining about HuffPo without showing a single bit of evidence that their statements are incorrect in any way shape or form.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #14
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The only people who complain about HuffPo are hackish republicans and conservatives and WND well ...
    That's not true. Huffpo is as bad as mediamatters, or WND/Townhall.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    if the law is deemed unconstitutional, medicare isn't. open it up to everyone. that's closer to the single payer system that would have been the better choice.

    it's a bit funny to me that so many supporters of our current system are rooting for this law to get tossed out in court. in reality, that mandate is your last chance to keep our illogical employer-based healthcare system. without it, those who would have been covered will have to go to medicare or medicaid, because they're not profitable to cover.

    as a supporter of a modern, first world system, my opinion is if they toss the mandate, maybe that will bring us a step closer to a real solution.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's not true. Huffpo is as bad as mediamatters, or WND/Townhall.
    Only it isn't. HuffPo doesn't embrace backyard conspiracy theories or promote them as truth. If you disagree I welcome you to bring up a few examples. Maybe you could bring up Huffington arguing that it was Bush that blew up the towers? How about them claiming Cheney had evidence of 9/11 before it happened? Maybe you could show us Huffington claiming the plane that hit the Pentagon was a missile? I'll wait.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #17
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Only it isn't. HuffPo doesn't embrace backyard conspiracy theories or promote them as truth. If you disagree I welcome you to bring up a few examples. Maybe you could bring up Huffington arguing that it was Bush that blew up the towers? How about them claiming Cheney had evidence of 9/11 before it happened? Maybe you could show us Huffington claiming the plane that hit the Pentagon was a missile? I'll wait.
    No, huffpo's worse, they push BS and call it news.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You use Huffpo as a source and deride people for being willingly deceived? That's like using WND for a birther claim.
    No, I used the ****ing brief sent to SCOTUS, that happened to be hosted at Huffpo(was the first place I found the whole document). This is why you should read before you post...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Only whiners who can't refute an article complain solely about its source.

    At least the poster of the article didn't refute his own argument with his own link
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OMB Director Undercuts Legal Case for Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Only whiners who can't refute an article complain solely about its source.

    At least the poster of the article didn't refute his own argument with his own link
    Admittedly though, the article was from Gateway Pundit, the same source that claimed to find the list of democratic socialist caucus members in congress, but just copy/pasted a list of democratic house members. Gateway Pundit is slightly less trustworthy than WND.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •