Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

  1. #11
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    No we have NOT because Harry Reid is burying them upon receiving them instead of presenting them.
    Here again is a link to the Presidents budget:

    Obama's 2012 Budget - Fullscreen
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #12
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Sure:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/04/us...s/04spend.html

    But entire idea of "over 10 years" is laughable on its face. This never, ever happens.
    Ryan's plan throws seniors under the bus to pay for the Bush tax cuts and wars. Seniors were the only demographic carried by the GOP in the last presidential election. That is why the Ryan budget was withdrawn by the Republicans.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #13
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,777

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why would he do that?
    Gee Hay, why dont you tell us? I refuse to allow you to get off playing stupid quite that blatantly.

    While I may not know concretely why, I can make some speculations. How about you do the same?

  4. #14
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,591

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Ryan's plan throws seniors under the bus to pay for the Bush tax cuts and wars. Seniors were the only demographic carried by the GOP in the last presidential election. That is why the Ryan budget was withdrawn by the Republicans.
    I'm astounded that you moved the goalposts. Really, I am.

    You wanted a written Republican proposal for $4T in cuts over 10 years. I gave you exactly that. What you think of how it's done is irrelevant.

    And you're either lying or are horribly misinformed, because it was not "withdrawn." It was passed by the House and voted on in the Senate. Not that it matters, because all you wanted was a proposal.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #15
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I'm astounded that you moved the goalposts. Really, I am.

    You wanted a written Republican proposal for $4T in cuts over 10 years. I gave you exactly that. What you think of how it's done is irrelevant.

    And you're either lying or are horribly misinformed, because it was not "withdrawn." It was passed by the House and voted on in the Senate. Not that it matters, because all you wanted was a proposal.
    Very good, you presented a proposal:

    "MEDICARE AND THE PAUL RYAN BUDGET. House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s budget plan was struck a deafening blow this week. As John Nichols reports, the Ryan budget’s most controversial provision—an end to Medicare as we know it—cost the GOP a House seat in a ruby red district. Democrat Kathy Hochul beat Republican nominee Jane Corwin in Tuesday’s closely watched special election. At its core, Nichols points out, was Hochul’s defense of Medicare. And Republican Senators are now also joining the ranks of opposition. The US Senate rejected the Ryan budget 57-40 in Wednesday’s bipartisan vote."

    This Week: A Recall on Ryan's Budget. PLUS: Special Tribute for Memorial Day | The Nation
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #16
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,591

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Very good, you presented a proposal:

    "MEDICARE AND THE PAUL RYAN BUDGET. House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s budget plan was struck a deafening blow this week. As John Nichols reports, the Ryan budget’s most controversial provision—an end to Medicare as we know it—cost the GOP a House seat in a ruby red district. Democrat Kathy Hochul beat Republican nominee Jane Corwin in Tuesday’s closely watched special election. At its core, Nichols points out, was Hochul’s defense of Medicare. And Republican Senators are now also joining the ranks of opposition. The US Senate rejected the Ryan budget 57-40 in Wednesday’s bipartisan vote."

    This Week: A Recall on Ryan's Budget. PLUS: Special Tribute for Memorial Day | The Nation
    What do you think this does for you? I didn't say a thing which this contradicts.

    I gave you what you asked for; you moved the goalposts.

    And I guess by emphasizing the Senate voting it down, you're claiming it was "withdrawn"? That moves out of being misinformed and firmly into abject dishonesty -- especially when you claimed it was withdrawn by the GOP because they didn't want to lose the senior vote.

    You're just wrong. Don't make it worse by lying.
    Last edited by Harshaw; 02-13-12 at 03:40 PM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #17
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What do you think this does for you? I didn't say a thing which this contradicts.

    I gave you what you asked for; you moved the goalposts.

    And I guess by emphasizing the Senate voting it down, you're claiming it was "withdrawn"? That moves out of being misinformed and firmly into abject dishonesty -- especially when you claimed it was withdrawn by the GOP because they didn't want to lose the senior vote.

    You're just wrong. Don't make it worse by lying.
    I congratulated you for finding a proposal. And yes, it wasn't withdrawn as I had previously thought, but the Republicans joined the Democrats in voting it down.

    As was noted, "the Ryan budget’s most controversial provision—an end to Medicare as we know it—cost the GOP a House seat in a ruby red district. Democrat Kathy Hochul beat Republican nominee Jane Corwin in Tuesday’s closely watched special election. At its core, Nichols points out, was Hochul’s defense of Medicare. And Republican Senators are now also joining the ranks of opposition. The US Senate rejected the Ryan budget 57-40 in Wednesday’s bipartisan vote."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #18
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,591

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I congratulated you for finding a proposal. And yes, it wasn't withdrawn as I had previously thought, but the Republicans joined the Democrats in voting it down.
    Well, thank you for saying so.

    As was noted, "the Ryan budget’s most controversial provision—an end to Medicare as we know it—cost the GOP a House seat in a ruby red district. Democrat Kathy Hochul beat Republican nominee Jane Corwin in Tuesday’s closely watched special election. At its core, Nichols points out, was Hochul’s defense of Medicare. And Republican Senators are now also joining the ranks of opposition. The US Senate rejected the Ryan budget 57-40 in Wednesday’s bipartisan vote."
    I don't care. Got nothing to do with it. That's your moving goalpost.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #19
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Well, thank you for saying so.



    I don't care. Got nothing to do with it. That's your moving goalpost.
    It has plenty to do with a feasible path to deficit reduction.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #20
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,591

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It has plenty to do with a feasible path to deficit reduction.
    Which is your moved goalpost, yes.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •