Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 143

Thread: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

  1. #121
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Again you avoid the facts I stated, and, you assume I would vote for Romney.

    You haven't proven any facts yet, but congratulations on your wise choice in not voting for Romney!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #122
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You haven't proven any facts yet, but congratulations on your wise choice in not voting for Romney!
    Apparently not going to happen with you as once again you choose poorly and vote for another 4 years of this

    The Government Can- Tim Hawkins (Insanitized DVD) - YouTube

  3. #123
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL,, ok, let me know when it is introduced to the Senate. What is going to happen when it is proven that all in that budget does nothing but increase the debt more and does nothing to reign in the deficit?
    You don't know much about the budget process do you?

    OK, here is a primer for you:

    "Prior to 1974, Congress had no formal process for establishing a coherent budget. When newly-elected President Richard Nixon began to refuse to spend funds that the Congress had allocated, Congress needed a more formal means by which to challenge him. The Congressional Budget Act created the Congressional Budget Office and directed more control of the budget to CBO and away from the President's Office of Management and the Budget. The Act passed easily as the administration was embroiled in the Watergate scandal and unwilling to provoke Congress."

    "The President, according to the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921, must submit a budget to Congress each year. In its current form, federal budget legislation law (31 U.S.C. 1105(a)) specifies that the President submit a budget between the first Monday in January and the first Monday in February. In recent times, the President's budget submission, entitled Budget of the U.S. Government, has been issued in the first week of February."

    "The House and Senate Budget Committees begin consideration of the President's budget proposals in February and March. Other committees with budgetary responsibilities submit requests and estimates to the Budget committees during this time. The Budget committees each submit a budget resolution by April 1. The House and Senate each consider those budget resolutions and are expected to pass them, possibly with amendments, by April 15. Budget resolutions specify funding levels for appropriations committees and subcommittees.

    Appropriations committees, starting with allocations in the budget resolution, put together appropriations bills, which may be considered in the House after May 15. Once appropriations committees pass their bills, they are considered by the House and Senate. A conference committee is typically required to resolve differences between House and Senate bills. Once a conference bill has passed both chambers of Congress, it is sent to the President, who may sign the bill or veto. If he signs, the bill becomes law. Otherwise, Congress must pass another bill to avoid a shutdown of at least part of the federal government.

    In recent years, Congress has not passed all of the appropriations bills before the start of the fiscal year. Congress has then enacted continuing resolutions, that provide for the temporary funding of government operations."

    United States budget process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #124
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You don't know much about the budget process do you?

    OK, here is a primer for you:

    "Prior to 1974, Congress had no formal process for establishing a coherent budget. When newly-elected President Richard Nixon began to refuse to spend funds that the Congress had allocated, Congress needed a more formal means by which to challenge him. The Congressional Budget Act created the Congressional Budget Office and directed more control of the budget to CBO and away from the President's Office of Management and the Budget. The Act passed easily as the administration was embroiled in the Watergate scandal and unwilling to provoke Congress."

    "The President, according to the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921, must submit a budget to Congress each year. In its current form, federal budget legislation law (31 U.S.C. 1105(a)) specifies that the President submit a budget between the first Monday in January and the first Monday in February. In recent times, the President's budget submission, entitled Budget of the U.S. Government, has been issued in the first week of February."

    "The House and Senate Budget Committees begin consideration of the President's budget proposals in February and March. Other committees with budgetary responsibilities submit requests and estimates to the Budget committees during this time. The Budget committees each submit a budget resolution by April 1. The House and Senate each consider those budget resolutions and are expected to pass them, possibly with amendments, by April 15. Budget resolutions specify funding levels for appropriations committees and subcommittees.

    Appropriations committees, starting with allocations in the budget resolution, put together appropriations bills, which may be considered in the House after May 15. Once appropriations committees pass their bills, they are considered by the House and Senate. A conference committee is typically required to resolve differences between House and Senate bills. Once a conference bill has passed both chambers of Congress, it is sent to the President, who may sign the bill or veto. If he signs, the bill becomes law. Otherwise, Congress must pass another bill to avoid a shutdown of at least part of the federal government.

    In recent years, Congress has not passed all of the appropriations bills before the start of the fiscal year. Congress has then enacted continuing resolutions, that provide for the temporary funding of government operations."

    United States budget process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You don't get it, the 2012 obama budget was rejected by the Senate 97-0 and that is after no budget was passed in 2010-2011-2012 and 2013 won't be any different. Funding will be done by continuing resolutions and the 2013 Obama budget will not even get a vote or if it does it will be another 97-0 vote. 23 Democrat Senators are up for re-election in November and not one of them is going to put their name behind a vote for this budget. This is a campaign document that does nothing but promote class warfare and some just aren't smart enough to see the lies in it. Why don't you think a little, how many people make up that top 2% and how much revenue is going to come from that top 2%. I cannot believe how brainwashed you are.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I can't believe you still don't know how the budget process works!
    I can believe that is your answer which is non responsive to the post. The budget process led to no signed budget for the past 3 years and apparently you have no problem with that. You also have no problem touting the lies of the Obama budget that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing but instead is a campaign doctrine that appeals to the nanny state vote like you appear to be

  6. #126
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I can believe that is your answer which is non responsive to the post. The budget process led to no signed budget for the past 3 years and apparently you have no problem with that. You also have no problem touting the lies of the Obama budget that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing but instead is a campaign doctrine that appeals to the nanny state vote like you appear to be
    I can't believe you still don't know how the budget process works! I even spelled it out for you.

    I'll try just once more.


    The presidents budget is presented to the Congressional budget committees and:

    (From above, that you missed apparently) - "The Budget committees each submit a budget resolution by April 1."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #127
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I can't believe you still don't know how the budget process works!
    Considering how the senate hasnt passed a budget in a few years I can see how people might forget how the process works. But you should be aware that no budget gets implemented until it passes the Senate. Unfortunately for Obama, and you, Harry Reid has said he is not going to pass a budget again this year, so Obamas budget will never hit the senate floor for a vote and is nothing but a grand and expensive waste of time. If this budget is as great as you think, why wont Reid pass it through his chamber? He has enough democratic votes.

  8. #128
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Considering how the senate hasnt passed a budget in a few years I can see how people might forget how the process works. But you should be aware that no budget gets implemented until it passes the Senate. Unfortunately for Obama, and you, Harry Reid has said he is not going to pass a budget again this year, so Obamas budget will never hit the senate floor for a vote and is nothing but a grand and expensive waste of time. If this budget is as great as you think, why wont Reid pass it through his chamber? He has enough democratic votes.
    So far, all I have is your word the Senate won't submit a budget by April 15.....................
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #129
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So far, all I have is your word the Senate won't submit a budget by April 15.....................
    Doubt anything will ever change your mind

    Harry Reid | Senate Budget | Jeff Sessions | The Daily Caller

  10. #130
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Makes New Budget Sales Pitch; GOP Strikes Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Doubt anything will ever change your mind

    Harry Reid | Senate Budget | Jeff Sessions | The Daily Caller


    Obama's Budget Under Review
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •