Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 122

Thread: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

  1. #81
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Each component of this incident is responsible: the children, the school, the driver and the parents. Each has to shoulder their burden and act more responsibly before something like this happens again.
    Imo, the most important and liable component lies on the parents. Children learn how to act from their parents, starting in early childhood. If we didn't have authority figures teaching us how to act, we'd barely be above the level of animals, which is what these kids were acting like. Children will usually act in the manner which they have been taught is acceptable in their formative years.

    Sure the bus driver should have done more, but the parenting is the critical factor here. As for the kids, their behavior is atrocious, but if they've never learned to behave and control their impulses, then they are just doing what their overriding instinct tells them to do.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #82
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Imo, the most important and liable component lies on the parents. Children learn how to act from their parents, starting in early childhood. If we didn't have authority figures teaching us how to act, we'd barely be above the level of animals, which is what these kids were acting like. Children will usually act in the manner which they have been taught is acceptable in their formative years.

    Sure the bus driver should have done more, but the parenting is the critical factor here. As for the kids, their behavior is atrocious, but if they've never learned to behave and control their impulses, then they are just doing what their overriding instinct tells them to do.

    The children and the bus driver were the only parties present when this occurred. The ages range from 12 to 15. To suggest that this was the largely result of poor parenting is spurious and without basis. Indeed, one can suggest that if the parents were present on the bus this never would have taken place.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Something bad happened! It must be the liberals' fault.

    It's interesting how supposedly a majority of the country is conservative, yet liberals seem to make all the rules.

    Feel persecuted much?
    Every mom wanted her son too be a doctor or a lawyer and now we are awash in lawyers looking for somebody to sue, we have become a litigious society and the reason I blamed libs is because lawyers tend to be democrats or at least support democrats, just the way it is.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    The reason I blamed libs is because lawyers tend to be democrats or at least support democrats, just the way it is.
    Link plz... =\?

  5. #85
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    75 kids on a bus? That sounds like too many kids... is the school not paying attention? Those kids should go to jail. Punish them harshly now and teach them that that is not acceptable or they will be worse as adults.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Those kids should go to jail. Punish them harshly now and teach them that that is not acceptable or they will be worse as adults.
    LMFAO 12 year olds in general population...

    Sorry I couldnt help it.

  7. #87
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,179

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Every mom wanted her son too be a doctor or a lawyer and now we are awash in lawyers looking for somebody to sue, we have become a litigious society and the reason I blamed libs is because lawyers tend to be democrats or at least support democrats, just the way it is.

    If conservatives are the majority, how is that it seems every occupation is majority liberal. Teachers, artists, lawyers, auto plant workers, journalists, (drug dealers, hookers :P)... It would just seem that the percentages would follow the overall population. Some professions may be awfully liberal, but to listen to some of you guys, it's all of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #88
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Link plz... =\?
    I'll have to agree with wanting a link, considering a good number of lawyers go into politics and a good number of politicians are republicans. Common sense really.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  9. #89
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    11-06-16 @ 08:52 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    LMFAO 12 year olds in general population...

    Sorry I couldnt help it.
    Actually I'm all for capital punishment for 12 year olds, and this bunch of high school-aged miscreants would definitely be in line for it.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Girl Beaten Unconscious Over Bus Seat: Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by colourfastt View Post
    Actually I'm all for capital punishment for 12 year olds, and this bunch of high school-aged miscreants would definitely be in line for it.
    ...I'm for donkeyfisting. Only because it is somewhat less absurd than what you say.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •