Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 138

Thread: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abortion

  1. #71
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I managed to miss that one. I disagree with the point, but nothing wrong with making it that way.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...ight=bake+sale

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    How about some additional big government programs, since you like this one so much? How about, every time you fill up your tank, you're required to pay to see a documentary about the Gulf oil spill? Or, whenever you go to buy amunition, you're required to pay to view a 30 minute documentary on gun violence? Sounds good?
    You know your on to something. And I think that those who are pro-choice/abortion should be forced to help perform an abortion. It would be something good for them to put on their resume.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, we have people cheering some one actually publicizing(successfully no less) this bill and how ridiculous it is.
    Doesn't appear that way.
    The author of the amendment, at least agrees that, one wrong should be accompanied by another.
    So if the bill passed, 2 groups are wronged for political show boating.

    YAY!
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #74
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara View Post
    You know your on to something. And I think that those who are pro-choice/abortion should be forced to help perform an abortion. It would be something good for them to put on their resume.
    So you favor big government. How exactly is that "very conservative"?

    See how that works?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Doesn't appear that way.
    The author of the amendment, at least agrees that, one wrong should be accompanied by another.
    So if the bill passed, 2 groups are wronged for political show boating.

    YAY!
    Except she does not want the bill to pass and is working to stop it from passing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    He is one of the most small government posters we have here. Why does his label matter to you?
    Why are pro-choicers opposed to the pro-abort label? LOL

    People hide behind labels really. LIke many here who say they are pro-life..and they want abortion legal…so its pro-choice/life. They are not pro-choice life…they are pro-choice abortion. So labels…..well…not so important. McCain called himself a Republican……what a crock. He is pro-choice and pro-gay marriage….who is he trying to fool?

  7. #77
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara View Post
    Why are pro-choicers opposed to the pro-abort label? LOL

    People hide behind labels really. LIke many here who say they are pro-life..and they want abortion legal…so its pro-choice/life. They are not pro-choice life…they are pro-choice abortion. So labels…..well…not so important. McCain called himself a Republican……what a crock. He is pro-choice and pro-gay marriage….who is he trying to fool?
    Yes, people seek to brand their position in the best light possible. This is true for people of all political viewpoints. Did you not figure this out until now?

  8. #78
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except she does not want the bill to pass and is working to stop it from passing.
    I understand that she loaded it with a poison pill, regardless, if the bill did/does pass, 2 groups get screwed.
    Doesn't sound like something to get happy about.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you favor big government. How exactly is that "very conservative"?

    See how that works?
    Who said I am big government? I can't stand politicians. I think Obama is evil and I don't like anyone running on the Republican side. But I would never vote Democratic……NEVER. I actually wish Trump would throw his hat in. Love how he would tell China to take a leap.

    I think the pro=aborts should have to watch and help an abortionist and pay to do it themselves. We could call it the reaching out program….Like Kennedy said….Its not what the country can do for you…its what you can do…..

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara View Post
    Why are pro-choicers opposed to the pro-abort label? LOL

    People hide behind labels really. LIke many here who say they are pro-life..and they want abortion legal…so its pro-choice/life. They are not pro-choice life…they are pro-choice abortion. So labels…..well…not so important. McCain called himself a Republican……what a crock. He is pro-choice and pro-gay marriage….who is he trying to fool?
    Because it is inaccurate. I think the best labels are "pro-abortion rights" and "anti-abortion rights". However, most people do not want to be an anti. Thinking abortions should be legal is not the same thing as being in favor of abortion.

    Question: are "blue dog" democrats democrats? Why do republicans have so many purity tests? Also, I note you have yet to define "conservative". Please do.
    Last edited by Redress; 01-31-12 at 08:01 PM.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •