Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 138

Thread: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abortion

  1. #91
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,869
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Redress never says what redress really means, jut BS talking points and when called out claims strawman. Laughable, predictable, grade school.
    Actually I say exactly what I mean. It's not my fault you cannot argue against what I say and have to make **** up to argue against.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  2. #92
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Dumb bitch, **** off with your publicity stunt. How about you spend your time actually dealing with **** that matters or actually arguing against something rather than doing ridiculous crap like this.
    Do you... understand satire? Your avatar is a picture of Colbert in the middle of an act of satire. That's what Howell is doing. She's using satire to show how absurd this ultrasound bill is. Just because her occupation isn't comedy doesn't mean that she doesn't or shouldn't have access to a wide range of techniques to make her political point. And it's pretty good satire to boot.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  3. #93
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,253

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Translation:
    I cannot argue the article, so I'll mock the source.

    Fine.

    Fifth Circuit Approves Mandatory Ultrasound - News Blog - The Austin Chronicle
    Court Directory and Court Case Search

    Anymore worthless dodges kiddo?
    What the hell are you talking about? I didn't say it was illegal. I referred to the Catholic spin. The fact remains that the sonogram is unnecessary, among other things.










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    the Senator is a troll... nothing less, nothing more.

    well, that's not true.. she is something more.. she's a liar too.
    her bill has exactly nothing to do with gender equality.


    the argument over conservatives being "big government" on the abortion issue is a really really silly one....it's nonsense.
    some folks consider abortion to be akin to murder, and i don't think anyone here is going to be called "big government" for wanting murder to be illegal.

    and really, if conservatives are "big government" for the way they approach the abortion issue, what does that make you self described liberals?...
    if you are going to make idiot attacks about one "going against the grain" of one's chosen ideology, don't forget to look in the mirror.... in fact the wisest thing to do is to drop the childish idea/attacks of ideological purity altogether... no one is ideologically pure... not one of us.
    so yeah, stop being children.

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,723

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Do you... understand satire? Your avatar is a picture of Colbert in the middle of an act of satire.
    Let me quote John Stewart

    STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls.
    This was a line while he was on crossfire. The point he was making around this time was simple...He's a comedian, HE's paid to make fun of the news. He's PAID to do satire, to mock politicians, to do comedy...not hard journalism.

    I get satire. You know who I like to see do satire....Satirists. You know what I don't want to be paying my state politicians to be doing with our laws and on our dime? Satire.

    I get Satire. I enjoy Satire. If she wants to do Satire, go grab a show on public access up here in NOVA or pitch a story to the Onion. If she wants to be a politician, then be a politician. I want to see my politicians engaging in Satire IN THEIR JOB as much as I want to see Sean Hannity doing hard news on Fox 5 here in DC at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    In fact, I would wager to you that within 10 years of today's date that stupid MAGA hat will be registered as a symbol of hate on par with a Swastika.
    "One of the greatest human failings is to prefer to be right than to be effective" - Stephen Fry

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, because killing unborn innocent children is funny.
    Hyperbole much?

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the Senator is a troll... nothing less, nothing more.
    So, as a LIBERTARIAN, you're okay with Big Government invading the OBGYN exam room and making medical decisions for your wife or daughter??

  8. #98
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,723

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    So, as a LIBERTARIAN, you're okay with Big Government invading the OBGYN exam room and making medical decisions for your wife or daughter??
    Wonderful strawman.

    Thinking this woman's actions is trolling and dumb != supporting the bill she's against. But good dishonest tactic
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    In fact, I would wager to you that within 10 years of today's date that stupid MAGA hat will be registered as a symbol of hate on par with a Swastika.
    "One of the greatest human failings is to prefer to be right than to be effective" - Stephen Fry

  9. #99
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara View Post
    Who said I am big government? I can't stand politicians. I think Obama is evil and I don't like anyone running on the Republican side. But I would never vote Democratic……NEVER. I actually wish Trump would throw his hat in. Love how he would tell China to take a leap.

    I think the pro=aborts should have to watch and help an abortionist and pay to do it themselves. We could call it the reaching out program….Like Kennedy said….Its not what the country can do for you…its what you can do…..
    You know you're actually making a good case FOR abortion.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Janet Howell, Virginia State Senator, Attaches Rectal Exam Amendment To Anti-Abor

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    The amendment was a well-reasoned protest. Ultrasounds are only ordered when something is wrong or for a regular checkup. Forcing women to do this is manipulation of both women and the medical practitioner.

    Zyph... you talk about political discourse being lowered. It already has been lowered by the anti-abortion debate. Forcing women to get ultrasounds so that doctors can pull their heart strings is highly manipulative. The pro-life already lowered the discourse, so it's fair to respond in kind.
    You have the gall to even mention the phrase "respond in kind'… when you condone killing living human beings? Man who do you people think you are?
    What is lowered is morality around here…and it does not come from us…but from you. Anti-abortion debate…..or pro-killing a living human being…which you all condone. And because don't want killing we are unkind? LMAO

    Of course you don't like ultrasounds….its easy just to hide your head in the sand.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •