Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    MADISON -- Following is the statement of Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Mike Tate on news that two more Scott Walker aides have been charged in the growing John Doe criminal corruption probe.
    You can read what the Democratic Party chair said here. But I have more to say. As everybody here knows, I am no Scott Walker fan, but the timing of these 2 indictments, plus the previous 3 indictments, tells me that this could very well be politically motivated. Why, after all these years, are these crooks being charged. Yes, if Scott Walker himself turns out to have been involved, then he should pay the price, but if involved, then he should have paid it long ago. Why did the Democrats do nothing then, but are doing something now, through their own district attorneys? I believe that this is not so much about justice, but about political expediency for the Democrats, which IMHO is very wrong, and puts a stain on the recall process itself. Since the Democrats are going to flip the Senate shortly, and Walker's hands will be tied, I don't see why we should reward what the Democrats are doing by giving them the governorship. I now support Walker's staying in office.

    Discussion?
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-26-12 at 02:53 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You can read what the Democratic Party chair said here. But I have more to say. As everybody here knows, I am no Scott Walker fan, but the timing of these 2 indictments, plus the previous 3 indictments, tells me that this could very well be politically motivated. Why, after all these years, are these crooks being charged. Yes, if Scott Walker himself turns out to have been involved, then he should pay the price, but if involved, then he should have paid it long ago. Why did the Democrats do nothing then, but are doing something now, through their own district attorneys? I believe that this is not so much about justice, but about political expediency for the Democrats, which IMHO is very wrong, and puts a stain on the recall process itself. Since the Democrats are going to flip the Senate shortly, and Walker's hands will be tied, I don't see why we should reward what the Democrats are doing by giving them the governorship. I now support Walker's staying in office.

    Discussion?
    are they supposed to halt the investigation and stop indictments simply because walker is being recalled? this sounds like an ongoing investigation, in which one person has already been charged. it's fortuitous for the dems, but this investigation was already underway, wasn't it?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #3
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    And today, we learn that two aides were using Scott Walker's small county office as a place to do political work benefiting Walker and Wisconsin Republicans.
    Because that never happens while Democrats are in office, anywhere. That kind of crap goes on all around the country. You're naive and stupid if you believe otherwise. IF Walker knew about it and condoned it, throw the book at him. Otherwise, convict the local guys--fine, sentence whatever, and move on. If the Dem chair had any info of a link between Walker and these two, it would already be news. If it is, someone find it and Ill stand in line amongst a lot of other conservatives and say Walker needs to face some penalties for that, whatever they may be.

  4. #4
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Because that never happens while Democrats are in office, anywhere. That kind of crap goes on all around the country. You're naive and stupid if you believe otherwise. IF Walker knew about it and condoned it, throw the book at him. Otherwise, convict the local guys--fine, sentence whatever, and move on. If the Dem chair had any info of a link between Walker and these two, it would already be news. If it is, someone find it and Ill stand in line amongst a lot of other conservatives and say Walker needs to face some penalties for that, whatever they may be.
    Maybe, but I don't like the idea of Demcorats using the issue to demagogue an election, by setting the timing on the investigation themselves. Yes, there has to be accountability for Walker, but there should also be accountability for those who abused their own powers to time the investigation to go along with the expected recall.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #5
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Youre kiddin me, right? Two names should clear this up for you: DeLay and Gingrinch.
    The Dept of the Treasury found that Gingrich's course was indeed educational and was not partisan and in fact was tougher on conservatives than on liberals and often held up Liberal figures as role models and exemplary figures in American History. DeLay was finally cleared in 2010 but the Times placed on page 18 :P. Look at the way in which those two were drummed out of politics for the hint of scandal and then tell me about prosecutorial misconduct.

    I live in a Democratic County and a Democratic State and there is a LOT of backroom bull**** that never makes the papers. Its there in the open and lots of people know its going on, but its never prosecuted. Wonder why?

  6. #6
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You can read what the Democratic Party chair said here. But I have more to say. As everybody here knows, I am no Scott Walker fan, but the timing of these 2 indictments, plus the previous 3 indictments, tells me that this could very well be politically motivated. Why, after all these years, are these crooks being charged. Yes, if Scott Walker himself turns out to have been involved, then he should pay the price, but if involved, then he should have paid it long ago. Why did the Democrats do nothing then, but are doing something now, through their own district attorneys? I believe that this is not so much about justice, but about political expediency for the Democrats, which IMHO is very wrong, and puts a stain on the recall process itself. Since the Democrats are going to flip the Senate shortly, and Walker's hands will be tied, I don't see why we should reward what the Democrats are doing by giving them the governorship. I now support Walker's staying in office.

    Discussion?
    Well, Dan. I'm impressed at your nonpartisan view here. (No, really.) I'm inclined to think that the charges are probably worth a look, but doubt Walker himself is involved. Timing is everything. I agree this smacks of dirty tricks. More to come, undoubtedly.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #7
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, Dan. I'm impressed at your nonpartisan view here. (No, really.) I'm inclined to think that the charges are probably worth a look, but doubt Walker himself is involved. Timing is everything. I agree this smacks of dirty tricks. More to come, undoubtedly.
    So they should suspend an ongoing investigation? Bs

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    So they should suspend an ongoing investigation? Bs
    M'Lady, Liblady!! Where did I say they should suspend the investigation?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #9
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    M'Lady, Liblady!! Where did I say they should suspend the investigation?
    Well then, what should they do? Why shouldn't they go wherever it takes them, whenever it takes them? If walker has done nothing wrong, then he should be fine. Having many friends and family in WI, I can tell you that he's not regarded with any respect, due to his past behavior. A lot of people don't realize that wi also, until very recently, had a pretty strong uaw presence. Milwaukee is a working class city.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #10
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Two More Charged: Stink of Corruption Grows Around Scott Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Well then, what should they do? Why shouldn't they go wherever it takes them, whenever it takes them? If walker has done nothing wrong, then he should be fine. Having many friends and family in WI, I can tell you that he's not regarded with any respect, due to his past behavior. A lot of people don't realize that wi also, until very recently, had a pretty strong uaw presence. Milwaukee is a working class city.
    I never said they shouldn't follow where it leads them. I have absolutely no problem with it at all. Other than you're knowing my thoughts about Walker, I cannot imagine where you got that idea from my post here.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •