Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82

Thread: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    You pretend that there aren't any other reasons for doing what Walker did after the unions *supposedly* agreed to some cuts. However, the fact is that there are absolutely other reasons. You can disagree with those reasons or think that those reasons are unimportant or don't matter or god only know what, but there are reasons. Which makes your opinion wrong.
    Can you address the blatant bias you've displayed by demanding something of those your disagree with that you don't demand from those you agree with and how this affects the validity of your opinion? Can you also address the hypocrisy of saying, "don't treat your opinion as fact" and then saying 1 post later, "your opinion is wrong".

    K thanks.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Can you address the blatant bias you've displayed by demanding something of those your disagree with that you don't demand from those you agree with and how this affects the validity of your opinion? Can you also address the hypocrisy of saying, "don't treat your opinion as fact" and then saying 1 post later, "your opinion is wrong".

    K thanks.
    Yes, because there were other financial reasons that were articulated by Walker and the republicans. So, if there were other financial reasons for the changes, your opinion that there were no other financial reasons is incorrect. And you are welcome.

  3. #43
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    So, you're saying they agreed. Got it. Like I said, it's not about the money.
    It is mostly about a corrupt process that needed improvement.

    Nobody leveled the playing field.
    Wrong.

    public unions in Wisconsin used to get to bargain collectively with the politician they funded in an election. That was decidedly one sided.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Yes, because there were other financial reasons that were articulated by Walker and the republicans. So, if there were other financial reasons for the changes, your opinion that there were no other financial reasons is incorrect. And you are welcome.
    Oh see, but I didn't say that there weren't other financial reasons. I said that the reasons were 'arbitrary' so now on top of hypocrisy, you've decided to put words in my mouth. Whether or not the reasons were arbitrary is a matter of opinion.

    So again, I want to know why you think it's okay for you and people you agree with to state their opinion as fact, but it's not okay for people you disagree with to do the same.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    It is mostly about a corrupt process that needed improvement.
    Taking away rights isn't an improvement.

    Wrong.

    public unions in Wisconsin used to get to bargain collectively with the politician they funded in an election. That was decidedly one sided.
    My response to this is in the part of my post that you cut out because you couldn't address it.

  6. #46
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Taking away rights isn't an improvement.
    blablabla. no rights were taken away. Point to a court decision showing this was a right unlawfully removed.

    I'll be waiting.

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    blablabla. no rights were taken away.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/15/us...wisconsin.html

    Point to a court decision showing this was a right unlawfully removed.

    I'll be waiting.
    Point to the post where I said that rights were "unlawfully" taken away and I'll do that. I'll be waiting. (It must be nice to argue against points that were never made. A lot easier than addressing what people actually say.)

  8. #48
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    that link demonstrated this is perfectly lawful legislation.


    Point to the post where I said that rights were "unlawfully" taken away and I'll do that. I'll be waiting. (It must be nice to argue against points that were never made. A lot easier than addressing what people actually say.)

    bwahahahaha

    so how do rights get lawfully stripped?

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Oh see, but I didn't say that there weren't other financial reasons. I said that the reasons were 'arbitrary' so now on top of hypocrisy, you've decided to put words in my mouth. Whether or not the reasons were arbitrary is a matter of opinion.

    So again, I want to know why you think it's okay for you and people you agree with to state their opinion as fact, but it's not okay for people you disagree with to do the same.
    What I want to know is why, after I clearly indicated that you could disagree with the reasons for whatever reason you want, did you continue arguing with me? I took your response to mean something different and your further responses and arguments only reinforced that belief.

    So, you do acknowlege that Walker and the republicans had financial reasons for the changes they made even though the unions *supposedly* agreed to contribute more? If so, then I have no disagreement. I think their reasons were anythign but arbitrary, but you are free to disagree.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    blablabla. no rights were taken away. Point to a court decision showing this was a right unlawfully removed.

    I'll be waiting.
    Yup, there is a definite difference between rights assigned in the Constitution and the negotiated rights in contracts. Making a concession in a contract by no means mean the concession is for perpetuity, rather it is valid until the contract expires. There is a certain inability on the part of leftist to accept what should probably be obvious.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •