Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

  1. #31
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    This is about taxpayers' rights, not workers' rights. Hopefully WI will stomp the life out of the Muncipal Unions that have only extorted the people of WI.
    workers aren't taxpayers?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    workers aren't taxpayers?
    Damned right they are. And workers who have to pay for benefits for those who work for the state have every right to be pissed off.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    inefficient for the workers who don't want to belong to the union;
    Then they shouldn't get a job that requires them to join a union.

    inefficient for the citizens that were unable to get sensible reductions enacted.
    The unions agreed to the budget cuts proposed in Wisconsin. Moreover, the subjectivity of "sensible" doesn't make your argument compelling. Both sides think that what they're want is 'sensible'.

  4. #34
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    workers aren't taxpayers?
    you think this is a clever response, but it actually demonstrates how anal your side is being.

    yes, the workers are tax payers, so they still get to demand better conditions through the democratic process.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    This is about taxpayers' rights, not workers' rights. Hopefully WI will stomp the life out of the Muncipal Unions that have only extorted the people of WI.
    Taxpayers' rights and workers' rights can coexist. The foolish attempt by some to make this a question of either/or is stupid.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you think this is a clever response, but it actually demonstrates how anal your side is being.

    yes, the workers are tax payers, so they still get to demand better conditions through the democratic process.
    They already are demanding better conditions through the democratic process. Maybe people who have a problem with that should form their own organization instead of faulting those with enough initiative to form one for their interests.

  7. #37
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Then they shouldn't get a job that requires them to join a union.


    The unions agreed to the budget cuts proposed in Wisconsin. Moreover, the subjectivity of "sensible" doesn't make your argument compelling. Both sides think that what they're want is 'sensible'.
    the unions originally fought those provisions. they only agreed after seeing the writing on the wall.

    If we didn't level the paying field, in future elections the bargaining process would of again been tainted and the tax payers would of been sitting behind the 8 ball again.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Of course there is. You are certainly allowed to have your opinion on the subject, but don't try to pretend your opinion is a fact.
    It's funny how you only tell those whom you disagree with not to 'pretend their opinion is fact' and yet you don't demand the same of those with whom you agree with. Your opinion has now been discredited by your blatant biases.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the unions originally fought those provisions. they only agreed after seeing the writing on the wall.
    So, you're saying they agreed. Got it. Like I said, it's not about the money.

    If we didn't level the paying field, in future elections the bargaining process would of again been tainted and the tax payers would of been sitting behind the 8 ball again.
    Nobody leveled the playing field. Walker just weakened the influence of ordinary citizens on politics while leaving corporate interest groups in tact. Leveling the playing field would have been forming a citizen organization to coexist with union and corporate organizations. Now it's just tilted in favor of the people Walker really supports - corporate interests like the Koch brothers.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Poll: Wis. gov. has slight edge in approval rating

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It's funny how you only tell those whom you disagree with not to 'pretend their opinion is fact' and yet you don't demand the same of those with whom you agree with. Your opinion has now been discredited by your blatant biases.
    You pretend that there aren't any other reasons for doing what Walker did after the unions *supposedly* agreed to some cuts. However, the fact is that there are absolutely other reasons. You can disagree with those reasons or think that those reasons are unimportant or don't matter or god only know what, but there are reasons. Which makes your opinion wrong.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •