Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow — RT

    India has reportedly agreed to pay Tehran in gold for the oil it buys, in a move aimed at protecting Delhi from US-sanctions targeting countries who trade with Iran. China, another buyer of Iranian oil, may follow Delhi’s lead.


    The report, by the Israeli-based news website DEBKAfile, states that Iran and India are negotiating backup alternatives with China and Russia, should the US and EU find a way to block the gold payment mechanism.
    Looks like not all of the major players are on board with EU/U.S. sanctions, which tells you a lot about the way U.S. political motivations are continuing to fail at translating to the global arena.

    I think it's a good thing that some countries are ignoring the calls of the usual war hawks. Iran is only a threat because they won't bend over, let us build our pipelines through their territory, and give up their sovereignty to us in the process.
    Last edited by Temporal; 01-24-12 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling!

  2. #2
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow — RT



    Looks like not all of the major players are on board with EU/U.S. sanctions, which tells you a lot about the way U.S. political motivations are continuing to fail at translating to the global arena.

    I think it's a good thing that some countries are ignoring the calls of the usual war hawks. Iran is only a threat because they won't bend over, let us build our pipelines through their territory, and give up their sovereignty to us in the process.
    Countries around the world need USA dollars because by agreement with OPEC (Saudi Arabia) all oil sales are conducted using USA dollars because it has been the world reserve currency and because we provide a military umbrella for Saudi Arabia. This also creates huge worldwide demand for USA dollars that, like any other supply and demand, keeps the value of the USA dollar up. Anything that reduces USA dollar demand, ie, paying with gold, is frowned upon by USA. Saddam traded his OIL in Euros, if that sends a message. AQ Khan, the Pakistani scientist who black marketed nuke info all over the world is not even in jail and we are worrying about Iran getting nukes. Keerist, who has Iran attacked? Does Iran feel threatened?
    This is an embargo that could have serious backlash if gold becomes the popular reserve currency.

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Countries around the world need USA dollars because by agreement with OPEC (Saudi Arabia) all oil sales are conducted using USA dollars because it has been the world reserve currency and because we provide a military umbrella for Saudi Arabia. This also creates huge worldwide demand for USA dollars that, like any other supply and demand, keeps the value of the USA dollar up. Anything that reduces USA dollar demand, ie, paying with gold, is frowned upon by USA. Saddam traded his OIL in Euros, if that sends a message. AQ Khan, the Pakistani scientist who black marketed nuke info all over the world is not even in jail and we are worrying about Iran getting nukes. Keerist, who has Iran attacked? Does Iran feel threatened?
    This is an embargo that could have serious backlash if gold becomes the popular reserve currency.
    Does Iran feel threatened? The most powerful nation on the planet constantly talks about invading them. I'd say they feel threatened! They also see that no country with nuclear weapons has been invaded, like, ever. Of course they're trying to get them.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Wait! You mean all that diplomacy and those sanctions aren't working??
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wait! You mean all that diplomacy and those sanctions aren't working??
    Iran has a product. Other countries want it. Capitalism finds a way.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #6
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    But...but...but...Diplomacy! Sanctions! That's going to fix everything!! So, a military response is 100% un-necessary!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #7
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But...but...but...Diplomacy! Sanctions! That's going to fix everything!! So, a military response is 100% un-necessary!!!!!!!
    You have entirely missed the point. Despite U.S. bullying and threats to the contrary, there are other nations in this world who correctly realize that dependence on free trade is the most effective means of limiting war and strife. These nations are essentially thumbing their nose at the U.S. and telling them to mind their own business.

    What is important, which I do not think anyone has really touched on yet, is that if India, China, and Russia all decide to do business in gold it will greatly accelerate the demise of the U.S. Dollar. The primary footstool for the dollar's continued strength is its status as petrodollar. Remove this and you eliminate a great portion of its value. I smell bad news for the U.S. in the near future.

  8. #8
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,015

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Uh oh. Someone is making profit and not letting America in. Rev the war engines.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #9
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Uh oh. Someone is making profit and not letting America in. Rev the war engines.
    I would adjust that to say "not letting US Multinational Corporations in." That would be energy corporations and if they can cause wars to get energy in their distribution networks they will. Think Iraq and Libya. At the same time, wars run on energy, so big energy profits in more ways than one. Wars are very profitable, don't you think? Think Exxon/Mobil, BP, Shell, Total, etc., etc., etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •