Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 287

Thread: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single interv

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Gingrich in debates is unbeatable. If he gets the GOP nod, it will be because of the debates. However, the #2 on the ticket doesn't get much to debate, and no one cares anyway. The current beliefs are that such as Rubio, also a Tea Party darling, gets the nod. Again, if Newt is the nominee, it means that at least a good portion of the GOP accepts his baggage. If he does not, then he is rejected because of baggage. Hard to see how such as Romney would want him after such a rejection.
    I would agree that Gingrich does indeed have some impressive debate skills and probably leads the GOP field in that regard. However, I also believe Newt suffers from the belief that he must constantly show himself to be the smartest kid in class and that cuases him to have his ego and his intellect overload his better judgment.

    He made a statement in one of these debates that he would challenge Obama to seven Lincoln-Douglas style debates, each three hours long and with no moderator. I do nto care who you are, that much time is a recipe for disaster as eventually you will say something stupid or harmful to your cause.

    I hate when he gets all bitchy with the moderator and begins to lecture them. He goes too far with this and comes off as a real prick.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I would agree that Gingrich does indeed have some impressive debate skills and probably leads the GOP field in that regard. However, I also believe Newt suffers from the belief that he must constantly show himself to be the smartest kid in class and that cuases him to have his ego and his intellect overload his better judgment.

    He made a statement in one of these debates that he would challenge Obama to seven Lincoln-Douglas style debates, each three hours long and with no moderator. I do nto care who you are, that much time is a recipe for disaster as eventually you will say something stupid or harmful to your cause.

    I hate when he gets all bitchy with the moderator and begins to lecture them. He goes too far with this and comes off as a real prick.
    Except that Newt is in the running, after having been dismissed by all this past summer, precisely because of his debate skills. Apparently, what has sickened you about him is also what has gotten him into the position where he is the only real challenger to Romney, and to where such as the scum at ABC have to run hit-jobs on him.

    It is in some interviews where he has put the foot of arrogance in his mouth. I personally could care less if he thinks poorly of the media, or other politicians. But the sound-bites play poorly, and he does need to reel such in. However, he has not made those mistakes in debates.

    Without the debates so far, Newt is nowhere. He would crush Obama in open debate.
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 01-19-12 at 02:06 PM.

  3. #73
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,285

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    He would crush Obama in open debate.

    I can only image the part of the debate where Newt attempts to address his posture on Family Values.

    Please nominate Newt. I for one, will enjoy watching this weasel go down in flames.
    newt.jpg

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    So, are you ready to also stone Clinton ? Al Gore ? John Edwards ?

    Or if we go back a little, LBJ, JFK, and even FDR ? To my knowledge, only Carter and Truman get a pass on the Dem side.

    I applaud you for being in a good marriage. Unfortunately, half of all do not work out, and a large portion of those had adultery, as do many that do not dissolve. If adultery is the disqualifier, we are more "screwed" than we already think we are
    How about serial adultery? Should that be a disqualification - especially when coupled with hypocrisy of the worst sort?

    Yes, I think a candidate's morals are a factor in whether or not he should be President of the United States. The greater the immorality, the greater the factor.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Except that Newt is in the running, after having been dismissed by all this past summer, precisely because of his debate skills. Apparently, what has sickened you about him is also what has gotten him into the position where he is the only real challenger to Romney, and to where such as the scum at ABC have to run hit-jobs on him.

    It is in some interviews where he has put the foot of arrogance in his mouth. I personally could care less if he thinks poorly of the media, or other politicians. But the sound-bites play poorly, and he does need to reel such in. However, he has not made those mistakes in debates.

    Without the debates so far, Newt is nowhere. He would crush Obama in open debate.
    I thought it was his ex-wife that was doing the hit job on him. Or did you blame the media for doing the hit job on Clinton?

    Face it - Gingrich is a seriously flawed human being. Hell, his own party got rid of him in the 90's because he was politically unethical. It should hardly surprise anybody that he's morally unethical as well.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Back to the primary thread topic. ABC is hyping this for all its worth. You can see online clips now, to include a very bitter ex-wife trying with all her might to bash Newt. Wonder how much she was paid. Or tried to extort in lieu of doing this.

    And if Newt is as good as some of us think he is, he can hit a grand slam with this as well.

    While he needs to once again affirm his foibles, and his redemption, he can then capitalize on the uber-hypocritical liberal MSM. This is all old news, being reborn by ABC solely to trash Newt. But where was the MSM on Edwards ? Heck, teh National Enquirer only got the scoop as the MSM would not go there against a liberal. Or Jennifer Flowers during the Clinton campagn ? Again, it was the Enquirer because the MSM would not touch it.

    Lesser orators might be in deep doodoo on this. Americans are growing sick of the liberal double standard with the press. And Newt is the guy to drive a Mack Truck through that mess. But Gingrich can turn it into another standing O if he is on key

    He usually is.
    Ahh yes, the 'I have sinned but now I'm pure' approach. It might work with the gullible bible thumpers, but I think most of the rest of us can see this lowlife for exactly what he is.

  7. #77
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    LOL, let me point out that there is a difference between lying under oath and lying to your spouse.
    Legally, yes.

    Morally, no.

    You're awful busy excusing lying and adultery. How low will you go?

    The comedy is seeing liberals all in a froth smearing Newt for having cheated on his two wives. Who were equal-opportunity adulterers, btw.
    So now you're claiming they both cheated on him? Got evidence for that?

    How low are you going to go?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #78
    User Miss Y'vonne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    09-19-16 @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    37

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Regarding Newt as Vice Presidential material.....

    cut and pasted from url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57360390-503544/gingrich-wants-to-knock-out-obama/]]Gingrich wants to "knock out" Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News[/url]

    He was asked by another member of the audience whether he would consider running for vice president if he doesn't get the nomination himself. In a rare acknowledgement of his weakness as a team player, Gingrich said the other candidates wouldn't want him as their running mate. "Well I'd have to look at it very seriously if offered. But I'll tell you, I can't imagine a presidential candidate who'd want to have me as their vice president."
    Last edited by Miss Y'vonne; 01-19-12 at 02:28 PM.

  9. #79
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Y'vonne View Post
    Regarding Newt as Vice Presidential material.....

    cut and pasted from url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57360390-503544/gingrich-wants-to-knock-out-obama/]]Gingrich wants to "knock out" Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News[/url]

    He was asked by another member of the audience whether he would consider running for vice president if he doesn't get the nomination himself. In a rare acknowledgement of his weakness as a team player, Gingrich said the other candidates wouldn't want him as their running mate. "Well I'd have to look at it very seriously if offered. But I'll tell you, I can't imagine a presidential candidate who'd want to have me as their vice president."
    Ten bucks says that if you pressed him, he'd say its because the nominee wouldn't want to be overshadowed by his superior intellect or some other arrogant thing.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    How about serial adultery? Should that be a disqualification - especially when coupled with hypocrisy of the worst sort?

    Yes, I think a candidate's morals are a factor in whether or not he should be President of the United States. The greater the immorality, the greater the factor.
    LOL ..... except that we have already seen with Clinton that all this outrage is quite phoney .... LOL

    The joke is on the libs

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •